Sign in to follow this  
battles

Can no longer reset client passwords

On 7/20/2021 at 3:32 PM, UnwilfulExpenditure said:

That's not really scamming, they're offering to help you sort it! WHMCS seems to allow a lot of questionable activity - But this is most likely a config issue. I have seen people say they use it, But I'm not familiar with it myself! 

Could you install into a dev install and let them work out the issue? If it doesn't work it should have the same problem and they can tell you the steps to reproduce. 

As a side note, You should give the full story in the initial instance. 

Actually they're not. It's not an option to give access to our customer details to a third party like this. This is not safe for more reasons than I can list. You shouldn't be doing this either.

Go ahead and email your customers and update your TOS to say that third party venders will have access to their personal information and credit card details and post back to let us know what they say.

The software doesn't work, just don't be a * and refund it. Then go back and try to make it better. It's not hard to be a decent person.

And WHMCS, please stop making our jobs harder. 

5 minutes ago, Web Host Pro said:

Actually they're not. It's not an option to give access to our customer details to a third party like this. This is not safe for more reasons than I can list. You shouldn't be doing this either.

Go ahead and email your customers and update your TOS to say that third party venders will have access to their personal information and credit card details and post back to let us know what they say.

The software doesn't work, just don't be a * and refund it. Then go back and try to make it better. It's not hard to be a decent person.

And WHMCS, please stop making our jobs harder. 

"Could you install into a dev install and let them work out the issue?" do you keep your customers details on a dev install? 

If it doesn't work, then you know it is their issue - If they fix or refund 🤷‍♂️
 up to the seller/buyer 

If it does work, it's a problem you can narrow down! There's no need to be persnickety and start telling me about TOS 😂 Jesus, I hope your TOS lets people know you don't read and accuse people of things they have categorically not suggested they did? 

If you don't trust a third party then you shouldn't purchase and use their products. A developer don't need access to your WHMCS install to steal credit cards. All it takes is a simple backdoor expertly hidden in your system that you will never find unless you perform checksums every couple of hours.

If you think is not safe to give access to your system, then you shouldn't give any dev the opportunity to place a single file on your system since it could be a backdoor. Nothing against you. It's just that many people think that preventing devs from accessing FTP & WHMCS backend is a big thing. You feel safe but in reality you're not.

10 hours ago, Web Host Pro said:

Now that I know he's willing to rip someone off for $20 I wouldn't give him access to my doggie bags. 🐕‍🦺

Like I said earlier - There seems to be others happy with it. I'd give them an opportunity to fix on a *********dev install******* before I ran to cry about them being scammers and making a public embarrassment of myself. It's pretty simple to implement yourself as a professional web host. I certainly wouldn't buy anything from them but Kian is absolutely spot on. You're misunderstanding the risks and for the benefit of your customers you should re-visit that when adding random 3rd party dev files to your installation 🙂 

You should absolutely refrain from speaking the way you do to people and about people with your company listed as a quick google brings all this up and gives off a wildly unprofessional vibe. Not only do you scream * at people, when you can't use a $25 plugin you bought and run on a production server by the sounds of it, You then continue to disparage people and not actually read things posted. That'd be an instant no for me and probably thousands of others - I dread to think how support works if this is the level of decorum when representing your business in a publicly facing community! 

Also from the sounds of it, they are offering the technical support you paid for. Stop being a princess and pay for a dev install so they can teach you how to use it, or spend the time to learn! Again - for clarity I would never purchase a thing from them myself before I get told I'm defending them.  I certainly wouldn't spend $25 on 5 mins work that any professional web host could whip up! 

Best of luck with your business. 

16 hours ago, Kian said:

If you don't trust a third party then you shouldn't purchase and use their products. A developer don't need access to your WHMCS install to steal credit cards. All it takes is a simple backdoor expertly hidden in your system that you will never find unless you perform checksums every couple of hours.

If you think is not safe to give access to your system, then you shouldn't give any dev the opportunity to place a single file on your system since it could be a backdoor. Nothing against you. It's just that many people think that preventing devs from accessing FTP & WHMCS backend is a big thing. You feel safe but in reality you're not.

@Kian it's just the sense of security that people love...

Please add back the ability for admins to change user passwords. It's a small but compulsory feature to have. My clients are upset when i can not do it for them and they don't get emails for whatever reason.

On 9/21/2021 at 12:48 PM, Mustang Cloud Computing said:

I'm a hostinger, we've just resolved the problem by code.

Planning to share that?

22 minutes ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

Just add the field into the admin area where it used to be! Works fine! 

Can confirm that works, for now.  A hook could be done that injects that field in.

38 minutes ago, steven99 said:

Can confirm that works, for now.  A hook could be done that injects that field in.

Very minimalist, that. Don't suppose more detail would be possible?

1 hour ago, steven99 said:

Yeah, they seem keen on the daft client/user setup and it'll probably get broken when they fix the existing issues 😂

16 minutes ago, bear said:

Very minimalist, that. Don't suppose more detail would be possible?

Not a full solution without you confirming the Change User Password module at https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/5645-change-user-password does indeed not work and the developer is not supporting it.   An answer but still vague would be:  use AdminAreaHeadOutput hook, check if file is clientsprofile, return javascript that will append the td where the password field should be.  

brian! Left ages ago and is tagged in every other comment asking for help 🙃 

I'm not making that mistake, I have to work more to offset the cost increase  - I'm not providing support to customers unless I get a discount 😂

9 hours ago, steven99 said:

An answer but still vague would be

Got it.
WHMCS changes have pissed everyone off, so therefore help/answers is what you can scrounge from older posts. Always enjoyed being punished for someone else's faults. 😉

They provide "premium" support now apparently and charge premium prices for it! I think most people just begrudge contributing to it to lessen the workload on a company who jack up prices with the main reason being to provide premium support! 

I know it was the final straw for many in terms of unofficially supporting a product when it's had such a huge financial impact on all but a few shareholders 

9 hours ago, bear said:

Got it.
WHMCS changes have pissed everyone off, so therefore help/answers is what you can scrounge from older posts. Always enjoyed being punished for someone else's faults. 😉

Well, yes sorta .  In this case it is more of a developer helping developer.  Now if someone that I know says "yeah they abandoned ship", I will gladly post a hook. 

But yes, code posts have gone down and @brian! noted that in a post a while back.

12 minutes ago, isixhosting said:

There is a css class

"form-field-hidden-on-respond"

with

"display: none!important"

, I "disabeld" it in all css files, but nothing happened...

You can't show what is not there -- the fields are completely gone from the form.   If you right click the area and go to inspect and expand the "td", you will see they are empty .  There might be a javascript that checks for that class and removes them on document ready. 

3 minutes ago, steven99 said:

You can't show what is not there -- the fields are completely gone from the form.   If you right click the area and go to inspect and expand the "td", you will see they are empty .  There might be a javascript that checks for that class and removes them on document ready. 

...yes, that's right... really a stupid idea from WHMCS...