Can no longer reset client passwords

battles

I do wonder, if it was intentional or they thought it'd break the mess of client/user system. 

I don't see any value to removing it, when all other passwords for services are still plain text and the hash is stored locally. 

Bizarre, truly bizarre! I'd actually pay to watch whmcs at work! I reckon it'd be nearly as good as Chester Zoo! 

I also don't understand the lack of humility to say "Yeah, we messed up here. This whole idea was terrible and we'll revert back"  I think there's absolutely zero benefit added - users could be sub accounts with access. There's no need to further complicate an already delicate house of cards known as a whmcs database. I've seen more complaints about this than any other half-baked and poorly implemented feature and they seem to still think it's good! I do hope they spend all this extra money on a competent developer! If they hang around the colleges in Milton Keynes they'll probably find an upgrade willing to work Saturdays 🤣

Absolutely tragic state of affairs. 

I figured it out!  They want to have bank level security... you see the bank I use for business supports multiple users but I as the account owner can't change the password, security question, or do a password reset.  All I can do is enable or disable a user, yay for me.   I don't even think I can change the email address come to think of it.  Granted, this is probably a good thing for a bank but for WHMCS? 

7 hours ago, steven99 said:

I figured it out!  They want to have bank level security... you see the bank I use for business supports multiple users but I as the account owner can't change the password, security question, or do a password reset.  All I can do is enable or disable a user, yay for me.   I don't even think I can change the email address come to think of it.  Granted, this is probably a good thing for a bank but for WHMCS? 

It's the result of not understanding the market anymore, it's why they think selling us extras is adding value to the service! 

Market connect is just a collection of companies willing to pay them commission 

5 hours ago, isixhosting said:

I, as a paid WHMCS user, I'm asking a WHMCS representative to comment factually on this situation!

Choose one response:

1) It was a feature asked for by many users.
2) Open a feature request for us to ignore.
3) The new user/client system means it's hard to get right, so no.

13 minutes ago, bear said:

Choose one response:

1) It was a feature asked for by many users.
2) Open a feature request for us to ignore.
3) The new user/client system means it's hard to get right, so no.

How dare you forget the nonsensical platitudes! They work hard copy/pasting them and changing the words! 😛

We've intentionally broken the client/user system. Wildly inappropriate and not well thought out features just cause more work! I think they hope we're going to start selling their incoming webhosting/server packages on market connect to clients, which can be sold to users! 

I'd guess they're moving to the world's most convoluted multi level marketing scheme known to man 🤣

12 minutes ago, Damo said:

Why won't WHMCS put the ability to set a new client password back into the admin area?

Have it controlled  by an admin permission to limit who can actually do it. That leaves the choice up to the WHMCS administrator/owner. 

History has shown, they don't revert decisions regardless of how stupid, poorly implemented and buggy they are perceived by users.

They will forge ahead, continue making awful development decisions and the hired chimps will say how great it is and how they got asked so much.... except in public LOL ... for it! 

"It's a feature, not a bug" - whmcs staff authorised response list. 

On 24/09/2021 at 03:22, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

brian! Left ages ago and is tagged in every other comment asking for help 🙃

as i'm finding whilst reading the backlog of hundreds of threads since my last visit.... thankfully I don't get emails about mentions, so i'm happily going through my whmcs-free life in ignorant bliss... i'll be back in November if I have the time (and inclination!).

they still haven't reversed on this ??? disappointing , but sadly not unexpected.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Creative Yadley said:

there hasn`t been any factual response from a WHMCS staff member or even an attempt for a rollback/fix

It's not likely being considered. The new tiered owner/user system made it too difficult to formulate a way to keep it, so they removed it under the guise of "security". They alone feel the ability of being able to change a password for an account by a logged in admin is unsafe. 😉

11 hours ago, bear said:

It's not likely being considered. The new tiered owner/user system made it too difficult to formulate a way to keep it, so they removed it under the guise of "security". They alone feel the ability of being able to change a password for an account by a logged in admin is unsafe. 😉

You know, that's probably very near to what happened! Certainly coincided with the timing! 

It's not even difficult to add back yourself, if brian! Had spent 15 mins doing it for people it could have been sold by a certain company for $49  a year 🤣

I wonder how many panicked when he left- I mean I certainly did as he's saved my sanity before but I'm not long for this place now! Anyway, that's me clocking off for NYE have a good one fellas!

• 10 months later...

I wish it could have the option of resetting their password but then forcing the clients to change their password before allowing to log back in. Because right now im having an issue with a client not able to log in and Password reset emails arent being sent..  However all of the other "suspension, unsuspension etc.. emails are working just fine.

• 7 months later...
On 12/3/2020 at 9:47 AM, xyzulu said:

You can still trigger a password reset in 8.x.. see: 

You can't choose the password for the customer however.

Dear, Customer Knocked us when a customer can't receive a reset email that's time we have to set the password & make support simple. but this time we have to connect with the customer with anydesk & then try to resolve the issue, it;s just a wast of time.