That shouldn't be the case. A user and a client are two different things and can have different IDs.

Let's say that prior to User Management being introduced, you had 1000 clients. When User Management gets introduced, all of your clients will have a user created, and their user ID most likely matches their client ID.
Now someone invites a new user to manage their account. The new user will have user ID 1001 but there's still only 1000 clients. When a new client registers, they will have client ID 1001 and user ID 1002. That's perfectly fine.

You cannot reset the password of a client anymore since the client is not an entity that can be used to login. Only the user is able to login and reset their password.
When you're doing a password reset for a user, no other user should be receiving the email. Are you absolutely sure that is happening?

1 hour ago, DennisHermannsen said:

That shouldn't be the case. A user and a client are two different things and can have different IDs.

Let's say that prior to User Management being introduced, you had 1000 clients. When User Management gets introduced, all of your clients will have a user created, and their user ID most likely matches their client ID.
Now someone invites a new user to manage their account. The new user will have user ID 1001 but there's still only 1000 clients. When a new client registers, they will have client ID 1001 and user ID 1002. That's perfectly fine.

You cannot reset the password of a client anymore since the client is not an entity that can be used to login. Only the user is able to login and reset their password.
When you're doing a password reset for a user, no other user should be receiving the email. Are you absolutely sure that is happening?

Hi. Thanks for that, and what you have explained is exactly what I thought would happen. However, I can 100% confirm that the wrong Client/User is getting the reset email.

I use an email service to send emails from WHMCS and I can see who the email went to and the subject of the email.

When I reset the password, I am finding the user and click on the drop and clicking password reset to send the email.

When the client tries to use the forgot password link on the login page, no email is sent.