Just got the email - going from $45 a month to $850 a month - What are you all migrating to?

Message added by WHMCS John,

For discussion about price changes effective from Jan 2024, please use this thread:

Im From Argentina After 10 years of using whmcs ( also created the most downloaded addon > paypalnofees)

We give web development and dedicated, having also more than 300 customers for custom whmcs develop  

i share my opinion and decisions.

Our opinion is:

- whmcs is a very good software , but its not partner to charge me for every customer i have
- whmcs is not even close to value $ 15.000 annualy, in our country a basic salary starts from $ 2.000 annually
- whmcs is right about charging me an annual fee for upgrades, we do with ourcurstomers also, but from $ 50 to $ 15.000 ... .really ?

Our decisions:

• In 2020 we moved several servers to Directadmin and CentosWebpanel , client lost only 5 %
  • In 2021 we are moving several cores of whmcs to opensource development

A Bot to auto-diagnosis problems > Livehelperchat
Live customer Chat > Livehelperchat
Knowledge-database > Bookstack (public and private chapters)
show network and servers status > Cacti
and so on...

• In 2022 we will finally were moving our billing and servers integrations core to Wisecp (blest is still rudimentary for us) = client lost ? im sure 0 % as im sure they dont care how i bill them, and don't know what it is  whmcs.

WHMCS should have just left those of us who purchased the owned license on grandfathered plans and saved a huge backlash.. but... that's not likely to happen. It's strange that they were so willing to use current customers as the "whipping boy" to increase their bottom line instead of being confident enough with their new pricing that only need to apply it to new customers.

13 hours ago, xyzulu said:

WHMCS should have just left those of us who purchased the owned license on grandfathered plans and saved a huge backlash.. but... that's not likely to happen.

it definitely won't happen... I see the bad reviews still being posted at Trustpilot - rating down to 2.3 now. bybye.gif

Bugs are a fact of life in software, but our team works hard to quickly and accurately validate, prioritise and fix reported defects.

that has to be Kipling. 🙄

2 hours ago, brian! said:

it definitely won't happen... I see the bad reviews still being posted at Trustpilot - rating down to 2.3 now. bybye.gif

that has to be Kipling. 🙄

Glorious! That image should be advertised around Web pros and whmcs offices - let's have a whip round

And yes, the level of delusion and ignorance would make me concur! He's a funny little soul really! It's a shame we're all social distancing. I think all he ever wanted was a hug and a well done! 

Completely shady business practices and no loyalty to customers.  We purchased business license a few months back when they updated the pricing structure from owned to monthly billing.    $39.95 UNLIMITED CLIENTS.    There is no justification to be made,   its completely unethical and unacceptable what this company has done.    Apparently if you purchased an unlimited license,  starting July 1st they will convert your unlimited to 500 client AND charge more.     

"

I can certainly upgrade your Professional license today, to a Business license for $39.95 for unlimited clients.

Please note, however, that Business licenses will change on July 1st. If the number of active clients in your installation is between 500-1,000 active clients, then your license will change to a Business 1,000 license. The new monthly rate for a Business 1,000 license will be $44.95.

"

pricing.png

Even if I don't plan to switch to any other software, if I had to do it, most probably I've to go with https://www.wisecp.com

Seeing it from developer's side seems to be more functional and the price is good.

Just my opinion. As I said, I'll stay with WHMCS as new pricing model has no any bad effect to me. This in no way means that I found fair what they did especially to own license holders.

Edited by WHMUp

4 minutes ago, WHMUp said:

Even if I don't plan to switch to any other software, if I had to do it, most probably I've to go with https://www.wisecp.com

Seeing it from developer's side seems to be more functional and the price is good.

Just my opinion. As I said, I'll stay with WHMCS as new pricing model has no any bad effect to me. This in no way means that I found fair what they did especially to own license holders.

😞 I hope you change your mind on that one day! I've had nothing but great experiences with you! I would love to see you making blesta modules one day and be able to purchase from you! 

Best of luck in the future @WHMUp I will stay subscribed to your emails to keep up with your company!

13 minutes ago, chrisb2012 said:

I went with open source code, rather than playing the same games again and again - that's just me though 😁

So you went with Blesta? Which makes your replacement of the s in Blesta with a $ even more confusing that it already was!

27 minutes ago, bear said:

Until the next one that's even more onerous. 

The only reason that I'm staying with WHMCS is that I need it for development and demostration. Have much better script for my own site. But I realized that WHMCS clients don't like to see something else than WHMCS on my site.  And as long as I'm paying even for a development/demo installation, I'm also using it for billing. I'm not prisoner of WHMCS. I can leave it even tomorrow without the need to move to another software.

59 minutes ago, cluster said:

I would stay with whmcs if own licenses still can be supplied with updates ... same as before,  price increase for support & update service would be OK.

Fair request. And if they don't want to release new features, let's say that it can be acceptable. But security patches is a must.

33 minutes ago, WHMUp said:

Just read Matt's Blog post.  Have been speechless.  What if the team didn't "worked really hard to minimise the increase" and left themselves free to set the new prices as they want? 🤪

The blog is as see through as the pretence they listen to customers.  Little Johnny boy sits with his fingers in his ears pretending he can't hear the nasty posts. 

Then probably tells matt what a great job he is doing and how happy people are! And yeah... it's funny to see the only positive reviews are the ones invited... they're probably unaware of changes or just the ones who a reboot of the server fixed their issues 🤣

28 minutes ago, chrisb2012 said:

Little Johnny boy sits with his fingers in his ears pretending he can't hear the nasty posts.

He's actually just been biding his time waiting for the complaint threads to wander into being a  bit less on topic, then cleans up the things they don't like and closes them. It's already begun, predictably.