Just got the email - going from $45 a month to $850 a month - What are you all migrating to?

Message added by WHMCS John,

For discussion about price changes effective from Jan 2024, please use this thread:

1 hour ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

Store the DB! You can view it all in sql.... it's cheaper! I wouldn't advocate using nulled regardless of how popular its becoming as an option! 

I don't think anyone running a serious business would use nulled software for its main website. It would not be a secret for long until someone posts the link on Reddit, Twitter or any other social network and that would be the end of that company in terms of reputation.

And when selling online, reputation might be everything. My point? Risking such a huge blow back for a few bucks a month? It means that business is not running very good if they can't afford a WHMCS license.

8 hours ago, yggdrasil said:

I don't think anyone running a serious business would use nulled software for its main website. It would not be a secret for long until someone posts the link on Reddit, Twitter or any other social network and that would be the end of that company in terms of reputation.

And when selling online, reputation might be everything. My point? Risking such a huge blow back for a few bucks a month? It means that business is not running very good if they can't afford a WHMCS license.

Nobody's talking about that - everyone is talking about accessing data post-migration! 

My point was keep the sql, don't worry about people on reddit 😝

• 4 months later...

Not been here in thread for a while.   Anybody jumped ship yet or come back or got any general feedback etc?

I'm still currently  using WHMCS.  Been wanting to migrate nearly a year to WISECP but they're still working on next big update,  Currently at 94%.     I haven't moved yet until they add repeat billing for Stripe (which is in v3).

v3 roadmap

https://roadmap.wisecp.com/

Edited by ADz83

10 hours ago, ADz83 said:

Not been here in thread for a while.   Anybody jumped ship yet or come back or got any general feedback etc?

I'm still currently  using WHMCS.  Been wanting to migrate nearly a year to WISECP but they're still working on next big update,  Currently at 94%.     I haven't moved yet until they add repeat billing for Stripe (which is in v3).

v3 roadmap

https://roadmap.wisecp.com/

We left, considered them but swapping one encoded system for another seemed like a waste of time in the long run! 

It is whatever works best for you, as a business and on a personal level - we can afford to stay but fundamentally don't agree with doing so (not just the price rise - it's been years of treading water and what I consider to be a complete disregard for us as a customer) 

The best advice you'll get, is constantly explore your options and don't just accept flaws for ease, I'm seriously regretting that now