Just got the email - going from $45 a month to $850 a month - What are you all migrating to?

Message added by WHMCS John,

For discussion about price changes effective from Jan 2024, please use this thread:

43 minutes ago, chrisb2012 said:

I'll be taking my 8 licenses somewhere! At least we have 4 months

My annual support expires in just over a month. 

This is a 450% increase in fees for me, in the middle of a pandemic.

WHMCS are nothing but thieves and liars...

Please post other solutions you have found here.  I paid for a LIFETIME license so I wouldn't have to pay monthly.   So now my cost went from $100/year to $25/month.  I don't have enough clients to justify this price increase, so I will be looking for a new solution.  At least I have until September.

24 minutes ago, Ithiel said:

My annual support expires in just over a month. 

This is a 450% increase in fees for me, in the middle of a pandemic.

WHMCS are nothing but thieves and liars...

Yeah, we operate on low profit margins - This would remove all profit and then some across all businesses! We'll be moving! Unfortunately my morals don't allow allow for me to change pricing structure dramatically for customers and I will not be doing! I would rather migrate 

Actually if someone knows a lawyer this move by the greedy POS WHMCS/cpanel on two points is illegal.

What to expect from greedy POS cpanel now you will lose even more and I will also be moving 3 more cpanel license away you stupid fcking morons.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your initial thoughts on today's announcement.

We are listening to the comments being shared here in the community and directly with us via https://www.whmcs.com/contact

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service team with any question about how the changes on July 1st may affect you.

Edited by WHMCS John
Date correction

23 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your initial thoughts on today's announcement.

We are listening to the comments being shared here in the community and directly with us via https://www.whmcs.com/contact

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service team with any question about how the changes on July 1st may affect you.

What happens on June/July 1st?  The email I received said effective immediately. There was no warning or window to renew.

12 minutes ago, keencs said:

What happens on June/July 1st?  The email I received said effective immediately. There was no warning or window to renew.

From my understanding, new monthly licenses use the new pricing from today. You are also unable to purchase a new support plan for owned licenses.

Those of us that have a current monthly license will be grandfathered in to the old pricing until our first renewal after the 1st July, when we will be paying the new prices.

Edited by ravex

2 minutes ago, ravex said:

From my understanding, new monthly licenses use the new pricing from today. You are also unable to purchase a new support plan for owned licenses.

Those of us that have a current monthly license will be grandfathered in to the old pricing until our first renewal after the 1st June, when we will be paying the new prices.

Oh, so we get two price rises to keep track of. Great! 😕

12 minutes ago, ravex said:

Those of us that have a current monthly license will be grandfathered in to the old pricing until our first renewal after the 1st July, when we will be paying the new prices.

That is not what my email said. 

image.png.a2223041928755a12cbbd7b03c11c7de.png

Asked and got the crazy reply below. I mean, firstly people usually don't object to a price increase of a few % but 450%  is completely insane.

Secondly all we get for the massive increase is "live chat with tech support" and the chance to pay yet MORE money for pay as you fast track support.

Other than that, the 450% increase is going ... where exactly?  "new services and exciting features" which will no doubt cost us yet more money.

WHMCS was always a good choice with sensible pricing but evidently someone wants a new boat/house/ferrari and would like us to pay for it.

Shame when a trusted software supplier gets greedy

and PS. the ability to online chat tech support IS NOT an exciting new service or software feature, and "always here to help" well, a 450% increase isn't helpful as I'm sure you'd agree if your water/electric/internet bill suddenly went up 450%.

"

My apologies for any inconveniences. We do understand that no one likes a price change. I assure you we do have exciting plans for the future and this pricing change will help us to deliver it.

Reviewing you current active client count, you would be upgraded to our Business 5000 tier. This will allow you to manage up to 5000 active clients for $174.95 per month. This upgrade to our new Business tiers would also include access to live chat with technical support, and fast track support (providing a 1 hour response on a pay-per-incident basis).

These are just some of the exciting new services and software features this pricing change will help us to deliver, taking effect 1st of July. With each release, we deliver more features and flexibility to you. The WHMCS platform powers your business and it is achieved through a constant drive to improve and deliver new and improved functionality, your investment, and our commitment to your future.

Please let me know if I can assist you with any further questions or concerns. We are always here to help!"

The price increase is definitely too great.  Why not increase the price for support and update?  Maybe a 50% subscription discount for those who owned a license?

It seems to me that this business for a monthly fee is not going well for them, so they want to force the rest of them to pass, and the only thing they will achieve is leaving;)

So anyway: blesta or hostbill? 😉

Edited by Rimset