Just got the email - going from $45 a month to $850 a month - What are you all migrating to?

Message added by WHMCS John,

For discussion about price changes effective from Jan 2024, please use this thread:

On 4/20/2021 at 2:12 PM, bear said:

In what way? 
"I haven't moderated here in years". < I haven't (that was 12 or so years back). 
"it wasn't custom to hold posts in moderation". < It wasn't. 

So you don't like purple and you forgot where you placed your keys?
I wrote "If I remember correctly, over the years it has been YOU slapping me on the wrists for some of my posts..." and you decide to argue things not mentioned or implied... like me reading the two above statements into what you posted...
That is why I got so many warnings, I have no patience for people reading one thing and then arguing about something not even stated... but I am nicer about it today...

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ADz83 said:

So ppl,   has anybody finalised decision yet and made preps to move, and if so who to?

I’m preparing the move to Blesta. Talked to them to improve the import for Stripe so that it’s seamless and they updated their importer in like a week. 

1 minute ago, Darthkatzs said:

I’m preparing the move to Blesta. Talked to them to improve the import for Stripe so that it’s seamless and they updated their importer in like a week. 

Do Blesta support recurring billing for Paypal and Stripe?   I'm liking look of WiseCP but they don't support it yet until next version.

We are in process of migrating to Blesta and have disabled all Marketplace options in our WHMCS.  We are also migrating clients off their current Marketplace products into new options.  WHMCS shall never receive another dollar from us again. From the lack of answers, lack of customer service, disrespect in support tickets. Yeah they can sink at this point for all we care. WebPros/WHMCS is not to be trusted.

1 minute ago, ADz83 said:

Do Blesta support recurring billing for Paypal and Stripe?   I'm liking look of WiseCP but they don't support it yet until next version.

Yes they do from what I have seen. But we’re still in the starting fases to get things going. I don’t want to rush it…

Blesta looks the one everyone is moving to across all my industry friends they feel the mass adoption will spark the interest in developers  -

whmcs global services 

Whmcs services 

And three other of the bigger names already in the process of converting their existing work to blesta so I can see a swing happening- I have bought one license so far and will buy one more when my first 3 services are minimised onto one billing platform.  

I was foolish to stay with whmcs so long, I wish I'd known they were just planning to shaft us with 3 months notice! 

I had an issue which I asked the owner of blesta about - he responded personally in half an hour to confirm what the community had said was true. 

Within a short period of time I feel at home there and I'm not looking back! I may still visit here to see people struggling with purposefully obfuscated code that's done as they move to a saas service where they can further tax their customers for the hard work on a per customer basis 👍

Blesa looks the one everyone is moving to across all my industry friends they feel the mass adoption will spark the interest in developers  -

whmcs global services 

Whmcs services 

And three other of the bigger names already in the process of converting their existing work to blsta so I can see a swing happening- I have bought one license so far and will buy one more when my first 3 services are minimised onto one billing platform.  

I was foolish to stay with whmcs so long, I wish I'd known they were just planning to shaft us with 3 months notice! 

I had an issue which I asked the owner of blesa about - he responded personally in half an hour to confirm what the community had said was true. 

Within a short period of time I feel at home there and I'm not looking back! I may still visit here to see people struggling with purposefully obfuscated code that's done as they move to a saas service where they can further tax their customers for the hard work on a per customer basis 👍

2 hours ago, ADz83 said:

So ppl,   has anybody finalised decision yet and made preps to move, and if so who to?

Probably Blesta as a core for billing with custom build solutions on top of it. Not spending a dime on WHMCS again either, or WHMCS modules or anything related to it because I don't see a future with the company. And raising prices like they did in the middle of a pandemic is unforgivable. Everyone is struggling financially and WHMCS decides to milk everyone for more money...

Never going with closed PHP code again either. WHMCS just proved how dangerous this is when they can just stop updates for bugs and security holes and leave your business to fry.

Edited by yggdrasil

2 hours ago, chrisb2012 said:

Blesa looks the one everyone is moving to across all my industry friends they feel the mass adoption will spark the interest in developers  -

whmcs global services 

Whmcs services 

And three other of the bigger names already in the process of converting their existing work to blsta so I can see a swing happening- I have bought one license so far and will buy one more when my first 3 services are minimised onto one billing platform.  

I had an issue which I asked the owner of blesa about - he responded personally in half an hour to confirm what the community had said was true. 

Within a short period of time I feel at home there and I'm not looking back! I may still visit here to see people struggling with purposefully obfuscated code that's done as they move to a saas service where they can further tax their customers for the hard work on a per customer basis 👍

They fooled all of us so don't blame yourself. Everyone that purchased owned licenses feels deceived because we cannot update or patch the software even if we want as they sold us a black box we cannot modify.

2 hours ago, ADz83 said:

Yes, Blesta works fine for recurring billing. It does lack some features for domains and other stuff, but not on the billing part. That part works just fine. Even better than WHMCS as the multi currency system actually works.

1 hour ago, yggdrasil said:

Yes, Blesta works fine for recurring billing. It does lack some features for domains and other stuff, but not on the billing part. That part works just fine. Even better than WHMCS as the multi currency system actually works.

Thanks.   Thaht's good news.

I don't require any domain features for my needs it's the billing section and recurring billing that is most important to me. 

How did your migration go,  any issues?  Does it also migrate all tickets, support articles etc?

What is steps for migrating Paypal subs?  Is there a process to migrate or switch them all Paypal side to Blesta or do we have to manually cancel all Paypal subs and get  clients to create new ones?

49 minutes ago, ADz83 said:

Thanks.   Thaht's good news.

I don't require any domain features for my needs it's the billing section and recurring billing that is most important to me. 

How did your migration go,  any issues?  Does it also migrate all tickets, support articles etc?

What is steps for migrating Paypal subs?  Is there a process to migrate or switch them all Paypal side to Blesta or do we have to manually cancel all Paypal subs and get  clients to create new ones?

Good for you because that is precisely where Blesta still lacks (domains).

Oh, I'm not using Blesta yet. You can try a demo on their website. I know some major companies that migrated from WHMCS to Blesta, and they are doing fine billing their customers.

We use whmcs to register people for the free modules we give away. So we only have around 900 paying customers and 25k registered users. I just wrote a python script and set it to a cron that flips people from active to inactive based on them actually having paid anything. Looks like it will keep in the same pricing plan. 

Good for you because that is precisely where Blesta still lacks (domains).

Oh, I'm not using Blesta yet. You can try a demo on their website. I know some major companies that migrated from WHMCS to Blesta, and they are doing fine billing their customers.

I meant good news as far as recurring billing goes.

11 hours ago, dh42 said:

We use whmcs to register people for the free modules we give away. So we only have around 900 paying customers and 25k registered users. I just wrote a python script and set it to a cron that flips people from active to inactive based on them actually having paid anything. Looks like it will keep in the same pricing plan. 

Wait until WHMCS changes their billing again and then starts to count all accounts regardless if they are active or not. Also, as you have no access to the code you don't actually know how WHMCS is counting users as active for their licensing count. That trick might work for you now, but just wait, eventually they will come after people doing this as well just like they came for owned license holders that had unlimited accounts. WHMCS is after money and the more people migrate to other solutions the more they will need to squeeze existing customers to make up for that loss.

Wait until WHMCS changes their billing again and then starts to count all accounts regardless if they are active or not. Also, as you have no access to the code you don't actually know how WHMCS is counting users as active for their licensing count. That trick might work for you now, but just wait, eventually they will come after people doing this as well just like they came for owned license holders that had unlimited accounts. WHMCS is after money and the more people migrate to other solutions the more they will need to squeeze existing customers to make up for that loss.

Yeah, moving to a cooler part of a burning ship isn't always the wise choice 🤣

The problem is that by moving away from WHMCS to any Blesta or any similar software, does not solves the problem. The real problem is that sales have drop for all flagship scripts (Hosting, community, Dating, Facebook clones etc), and the authors have the wrong (don't say idiot) thought that by increasing the prices will solve the problem of missing sales.

Talking specific for WHMCS now. I don't support their decision to increase the prices. But looking the other side of the coin, is there any written guarantee from Blesta (or any "Blesta" solution, that they don't change their pricing model after some months?  If there is, that's fine. But if not, be sure 98% that you'll face the same problem very soon. You'll get again a similar email about "as a way to increase the quality...".

I wish to not be again (like vBulletin) a bad news fortune teller.

27 minutes ago, WHMUp said:

The problem is that by moving away from WHMCS to any Blesta or any similar software, does not solves the problem. The real problem is that sales have drop for all flagship scripts (Hosting, community, Dating, Facebook clones etc), and the authors have the wrong (don't say idiot) thought that by increasing the prices will solve the problem of missing sales.

Talking specific for WHMCS now. I don't support their decision to increase the prices. But looking the other side of the coin, is there any written guarantee from Blesta (or any "Blesta" solution, that they don't change their pricing model after some months?  If there is, that's fine. But if not, be sure 98% that you'll face the same problem very soon. You'll get again a similar email about "as a way to increase the quality...".

I wish to not be again (like vBulletin) a bad news fortune teller.

Well, open code - ability to have a conversation with the owner in discord and him talking openly about his philosophy in regard to the future of his company puts me at ease to some degree! You're right that there are no assurances, but at least with open code owned licenses have more than 3 months to prepare 🙂 And can choose to maintain it if it's possible for them! 

As a developer, I think you'd love it over there! Your sense of humor and devoted eye towards the smallest detail when making simple, effective tools would be much more at home there in my opinion!  I do hope to see you there one day, For me on a morality level - I won't continue with WHMCS as a customer for longer than needed! The worst bit, it means they've taken money out of the hands of module developers as it's not just me moving... The discord is growing rapidly! Whilst I'm still adapting to it... I love it! I hope you give it a go!