Just got the email - going from $45 a month to $850 a month - What are you all migrating to?

Message added by WHMCS John,

For discussion about price changes effective from Jan 2024, please use this thread:

after developing more de 100 hooks, mods an addons (now i have suspend my whmcs modules store, obviously looking alternatives..)

im testing WISECP.COM and IT ROCKS !!

has a lot of missing features that whmcs does not have..

i absolute recommend it , without any affiliate link... just saying..

Just now, altomarketing said:

Looked at it, and one of the things it appears to be missing is emailed helpdesk responses and ticket opening, and the ability to define support departments and so on. I wrote to the company a few days ago, and haven't heard back. Concerning, if I needed support. 

18 minutes ago, altomarketing said:

after developing more de 100 hooks, mods an addons (now i have suspend my whmcs modules store, obviously looking alternatives..)

i absolute recommend it , without any affiliate link... just saying..

In my experience how it looks has little to do with how it works in real world business. Hostbill looks great and is a buggy mess.

Blesta looks bad and poor in features but seems to be very stable from everyone I talked about.

More important, is who is behind the software. It's easy to charge little and make nice marketing pages, but it's a different story to stay behind your product once you start to hit a certain number of users. I never heard of them before until recently. At least Blesta is in business for years, they also sadly take years to even come up with basic features...

24 minutes ago, bear said:

Looked at it, and one of the things it appears to be missing is emailed helpdesk responses and ticket opening, and the ability to define support departments and so on. I wrote to the company a few days ago, and haven't heard back. Concerning, if I needed support. 

That is concerning but if you want to go that route, I contacted Steinberg before about their software, and they took a week to reply with a canned reply. And they are supposed to be the number one music editing software in the planet, even used by Hans Zimmer for most of his movies. I expect this from some big companies, but I certainly expect a faster reply from a new small business or company that is mostly unknown. But I get your point, a software like this is critical when it comes to support. If we want to be picky, WHMCS support is also non-existent. They tend to reply in two days and its also usually a canned reply. In my experience, if you really are in troubles, WHMCS support is not worth $1 buck.

You will probably find more help here in the forums. I'm not sure what kind of people they hire, but in my experience some of their staff hardly knows to use computers, less alone support their software. You don't need premium staff to post links and used canned replies. I feel its somehow outsourced, but even outsourced Third World country support is better than what they provide on level 1 help desk. Eventually you are escalated to someone that knows what they are doing, but it takes days and several replies until you get that far. They just want to close the tickets and go on with their day instead of actually trying to solve your questions. This is why I would have no issues with a version that comes with no support. I don't need it.

Edited by yggdrasil

17 minutes ago, yggdrasil said:

Blesta is in business for years, they also sadly take years to even come up with basic features

The main reason they're known as much as they are stems from the security issues back in 2013 with WHMCS. Before that, I'm not sure I even heard of them. In various forums they were mentioned as a cheap and safer alternative (IIRC it was about $99 for owned then) and that you could see most of the code, and that's VERY popular. I personally won't use that product, but that's my personal choice.

2 minutes ago, bear said:

The main reason they're known as much as they are stems from the security issues back in 2013 with WHMCS. Before that, I'm not sure I even heard of them. In various forums they were mentioned as a cheap and safer alternative (IIRC it was about $99 for owned then) and that you could see most of the code, and that's VERY popular. I personally won't use that product, but that's my personal choice.

Yes, I never heard of them before 2013, reason I never purchased it either. My point is that they are still in business after all these years. I expect them to go away, but they are still going and price is still the same it seems. The product is still developed. I'm not happy when I see in the forums they are working on a domain cart for 5 years now which is pathetic in terms of how slow they are. And seriously I don't think the product has changed much since 2013, but at least everything I read about them means the persons behind it are stable and serious business people. Maybe they can hire more people once they have more resources (money), WHMCS was actually far better, things started to downhill when cPanel invested on them. In that regard, maybe its a good thing to be small.

18 minutes ago, yggdrasil said:

You will probably find more help here in the forums.

This is why I would have no issues with a version that comes with no support. I don't need it.

It's here I got most answers. Most of the things I used support for (going from fading memory) were things caused by something other than WHMCS. Between the KB and the community, most everything else was handled without them. Usually a day or so to first reply, it always felt like a subtle push to pay for fast track. 😉

As long as the forums <<(I didn't type community) stayed about the same, I'd be mostly fine without support from them.

Maybe make support paid. I work with FOSS and even own a pretty popular project that is in softaculous. We make people pay for support, that could be an option. I have run whmcs since 2014 and I have exactly one ticket asking for a dev license from when I was upgrading.  

As far as business decisions go, I am pretty sure this is not going to be a very wise one...Like the "New Coke"...
Here is a great script, they are just about to launch a new complete rewrite that has support for add on modules as well as more server and domain registrar support.
http://hostingbilling.net/

I have a copy of this and I see a lot of potential. I am sure this developer would also welcome as much support as anyone that wanted to get involved could offer.

Paul

3 hours ago, bear said:

It's here I got most answers. Most of the things I used support for (going from fading memory) were things caused by something other than WHMCS. Between the KB and the community, most everything else was handled without them. Usually a day or so to first reply, it always felt like a subtle push to pay for fast track. 😉

As long as the forums <<(I didn't type community) stayed about the same, I'd be mostly fine without support from them.

No support, fine, we all have google...BUT... when an update in an addon mod makes your version not compatible or unusable... that is a problem. I have quite a few addons and I am constantly upgrading things to work together...when one of these is no longer available, it means things soon break.

WISECP is developing very fast and have added numerous integration options in near past. Marketplace is filling requirements in speedy manner. Given the support from various developers for modules and gateways this can be a modern option for WHMCS community.

NetHost India

Edited by WHMCS ChrisD
Removed affiliate links in accordance with community guidelines

5 hours ago, alc said:

Same here. Fyi get into a chat on their website and they'll tell you a discount code you can use if you get one of the lifetime packages. I just got 10% off the $750 lifetime Blesta package. 🙂

If you have an owned license of WHMCS you can save 30%

This is on their homepage as of right now.

Thousands of hosting providers love Blesta, and we know you will too. Give the trial a spin, and when you're ready, send us proof of ownership of a competing billing application for a coupon code worth 30% off your owned license purchase! Check out our Migration Guides for help moving your data.

screencapture-blesta-2021-04-09-12_50_52.png

13 hours ago, alc said:

I just got 10% off the $750 lifetime Blesta package. 🙂

Though I generally favor owned licenses, I've been screwed over by nearly every company I had them with in the past few years. There's no guarantee Blesta will be able (or willing) to honor that license forever. Generally "updates are free forever if you pay this high price now" plans are to get a lot of money up front for the business, but there's no recurring revenue to keep the lights on. 
You need to hope they have a plan for that. 

26 minutes ago, bear said:

You need to hope they have a plan for that. 

They do have a plan for that. It is called honoring the items terms, limiting the number of lifetime licenses sold to a reasonable level, and once they have been sold to remove them from sale.

They make enough from monthly and resold licenses to not need to dick around with the prices, like WHMCS has done, going forward!

30 minutes ago, ravex said:

It is called honoring the items terms

Which everyone does, until they don't.
WHMCS is technically honoring theirs, by letting you continue using the owned license for as long as you like, but without a rather important addon that's no longer sold. That becomes moot as technology or exploits change, but they didn't take or void your license, they just made it worthless. In the case of "lifetime updates to the product", I had one that promised that, and they eventually remade the product into a totally different one (on paper), and my "lifetime updates" died with that replaced version. 
Will they do that? I should hope not, but my trust in general has been shaken lately, and I'm trying to plan for things like this.
There's always an out. Just saying.

Someone recommended us for billing management (they are adding more gateways)

https://codecanyon.net/item/neo-billing-accounting-invoicing-and-crm-software/20896547?gclid=CjwKCAjw9r-DBhBxEiwA9qYUpY7usWg4TBfdekIiQf2g5JaR2Y1qNxoPhPqCkzrHSK_9WGx6WGxhvxoCdt8QAvD_BwE

This also seems promising,

WiseCP - http://demo.wisecp.com/myaccount

Blesta never used it, Feedbacks requested...

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, ThemeMetro said:

Yes why not? because they are not charging too much if you are not earning sufficient income and not capable to pay.

Too much comparing with what? Even $1.00 per client (example),  is too much if it was $0.10 per client before.  With the high competition in Hosting market, an increase of +500% is not price for software but like making someone partner in your business.