Domain Synchronisation Cron Report

MaikelVE

I'm not aware of any way of disabling just those emails. You can filter them via the mail server; that's what we've done. I'd suggest pushing them to a mailbox just for that, and check it weekly for problems, if you don't want to keep track daily. Alternately, you can just kill them (not recommended). 

Check this thread:

Edited by bear

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Hello,

There is no specific option to stop only those emails unfortunately, you can navigate to Setup > Staff Management > Administrator Roles and untick "System Emails (eg. Cron Notifications, Invalid Login Attempts, etc...)" but this will stop more than just the domain sync emails.

If this is not suitable, I would recommend adding some local filtering rules to discard those emails as they come in, using the subject as the base for creating the rule.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As a consultant installing WHMCS for other the very first question they ask me is about these automated emails for domain synchronisation.

I struggle to explain this to them:

Setup > Staff Management > Administrator Roles and untick "System Emails (eg. Cron Notifications, Invalid Login Attempts, etc...)"

but this will stop more than just the domain sync emails.

Hopefully, one day, there will be a magic button where we can put this off.

• 5 months later...

There's no clean way to prevent email sending. If Domain Synch was an Email Template, we could have stop it via EmailPreSend. Sadly WHMCS sends it by directly requiring (or initializing) phpMailer file (or class).

The only solution is an hack. Edit phpMailer loader file so that it throws a die(); when it is included or initialized by crons/domainsync.php. It works but it is ugly and your change will be reverted back on every update of WHMCS.

A more sensical approach is to use a filter on your email so that the all incoming emails with "WHMCS Domain Synchronisation Cron Report" title automatically go in "Automatic email" folder. If like me you recieve a lot of such useless emails (I have access to hundreds of WHMCS systems that flood me with thousands cron/sync emails on a daily basis) also enable automatic cancellation after X days.

Edited by Kian

• 9 months later...
<?php

add_hook('EmailPreSend', 1, function ($vars) 
{
  $messageName = $vars['messagename'];

$templateName = array(
    'WHMCS Domain Synchronisation Cron Report',

);

$merge_fields = array(); 
  if(in_array($messageName, $templateName))
  {  
      $merge_fields['abortsend'] = true;
  }

return $merge_fields;
});

Why not use simple Hook? 
Event more Template names in Array possible to abort.