Is this Price hike real?

Fringe

On 8/19/2021 at 5:29 PM, Kian said:

@WHMCS John

I'll keep asking this question every week till I receive a real answer. I will never stop.

I'm not looking for marketing fluff and I'm not angry or upset. It's just that I spent more than 15 years coding on this platform and I don't get why me and other devs must follow rules that Theme Metro can freely ignore.

Still looking forward for Admin to answer this..

On 8/19/2021 at 11:29 AM, Kian said:

@WHMCS John

I'll keep asking this question every week till I receive a real answer. I will never stop.

I'm not looking for marketing fluff and I'm not angry or upset. It's just that I spent more than 15 years coding on this platform and I don't get why me and other devs must follow rules that Theme Metro can freely ignore.

@WHMCS John

39 days. Still waiting.

1 hour ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

You'll either get no response, kicked or a "Here at WHMCS we value blah blah blah" non-answer. 

John isn't allowed to make company statements or act upon his own wishes so it's whatever the hand makes him say 😛 

How long until they decide to close this community because it serves them no purpose? Seriously, companies should not have forums if they are not going to actively engage with customers. Forums should be a way to connect with customers and receive feedback and improve your brand, not the opposite.

Edited by yggdrasil

19 minutes ago, bear said:

Once the helpers that kept things running have all left (not just Brian!), that will probably be the fate. 

Who's left Steven and you? 

No offence intended, you don't seem too interested! Kian is pretty much gone and Steven posts as and when! 

Most posts are abandoned or one offs before giving up- whmcs don't seem in a rush to spend all the money raised for support (Colour me shocked) to help on here so it will probably die off

1 hour ago, bear said:

Once the helpers that kept things running have all left (not just Brian!), that will probably be the fate. 

Very likely. As soon as power users are gone (those with purchased licenses) that actually know around WHMCS as well every little trick here and there, most posts from people asking for help will be left without answers. As such, people will just cancel their licenses and move on since officially WHMCS support does not assist with customizations or coding. And believe me, WHMCS requires a lot of extra hacking to make it usable.

I guess all purchased software do, but the thing is that WHMCS is a black box and as such requires more to make it usable.

17 hours ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

Who's left Steven and you? 

No offence intended, you don't seem too interested! Kian is pretty much gone and Steven posts as and when! 

Most posts are abandoned or one offs before giving up- whmcs don't seem in a rush to spend all the money raised for support (Colour me shocked) to help on here so it will probably die off

With the increase in price, there's definitely room in the budget for one or two employees that will offer support on the forums. Not just "try upgrading manually" or answers like that, but also answers that go in depth with something (like hooks, modules, troubleshooting etc.).
That would be gold. I would love that.

When you're developing something for WHMCS (the software, not the company) and you hit your head against a wall, you're met with the standard answer. Something along the lines of "We can't offer support for that, consult the one who's developing the software"... Yeah, I'm the one developing the software, and I have questions how this piece of the API works or why this function doesn't work when it should.
I once spent 30+ hours trying to troubleshoot a problem with a module I was building (and I did report the issue to WHMCS; but according to the developer, it wasn't their fault). A couple of weeks went by, and it finally worked. I didn't change anything, it just worked. Took a look in the changelog, and what do you know... They fixed the issue I reported to them. No mention of it being a bug in the support ticket.

It would really be nice if WHMCS actually encouraged developers to develop modules. Currently, you just have various sample modules with some documentation, and then you're on your own.
I'm not saying WHMCS should spoonfeed developers, but it would certainly be nice if they weren't letting the community handle developer-support.

35 minutes ago, DennisHermannsen said:

With the increase in price, there's definitely room in the budget for one or two employees that will offer support on the forums. Not just "try upgrading manually" or answers like that, but also answers that go in depth with something (like hooks, modules, troubleshooting etc.).

When you're developing something for WHMCS (the software, not the company) and you hit your head against a wall, you're met with the standard answer. Something along the lines of "We can't offer support for that, consult the one who's developing the software"... Yeah, I'm the one developing the software, and I have questions how this piece of the API works or why this function doesn't work when it should.
I once spent 30+ hours trying to troubleshoot a problem with a module I was building (and I did report the issue to WHMCS; but according to the developer, it wasn't their fault). A couple of weeks went by, and it finally worked. I didn't change anything, it just worked. Took a look in the changelog, and what do you know... They fixed the issue I reported to them. No mention of it being a bug in the support ticket.

It would really be nice if WHMCS actually encouraged developers to develop modules. Currently, you just have various sample modules with some documentation, and then you're on your own.
I'm not saying WHMCS should spoonfeed developers, but it would certainly be nice if they weren't letting the community handle 

I agree, I doubt they'll bank roll it though regardless of a price hike. 

On 28/08/2021 at 9:13 AM, Kian said:

@WHMCS John

39 days. Still waiting.

@Kian please open a ticket with the Resellers Team https://www.whmcs.com/members/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=6 @zomex you are also welcome to do the same,  we have a dedicated team that handles these sort of enquiries which are not something we can handle here on the Community.

1 hour ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

@Kian please open a ticket with the Resellers Team https://www.whmcs.com/members/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=6 @zomex you are also welcome to do the same,  we have a dedicated team that handles these sort of enquiries which are not something we can handle here on the Community.

Very poor response Chris.

We are all waiting for clarification as to why it's always been marketed as a with hosting only partnership. Even now your reseller page says the same 3 times (see my earlier post with screenshots).

So why has this been ignored for theme metro yet your policy of with hosting only has not been changed?

3 minutes ago, zomex said:

We are all waiting for clarification as to why it's always been marketed as a with hosting only partnership. Even now your reseller page says the same 3 times (see my earlier post with screenshots).

So why has this been ignored for theme metro yet your policy of with hosting only has not been changed?

This what they tell me in the ticket

Although we have some legacy resellers that are bundling with non-hosting related products we are no longer accepting new applications for this category of resellers. We officially only allow hosting companies that bundle WHMCS with their reseller hosting packages.

Regards,

Johnny Kim
Partner Manager
WHMCS, Ltd.

2 hours ago, wsa said:

Although we have some legacy resellers that are bundling with non-hosting related products we are no longer accepting new applications for this category of resellers.

It was never offered, and in fact refused for every provider in the past, unless it was included with a hosting product. Until this recent revelation, I'd never once heard of a legitimate seller that didn't. Back door deals? I imagine it's not the only one. 

1 hour ago, bear said:

It was never offered, and in fact refused for every provider in the past, unless it was included with a hosting product. Until this recent revelation, I'd never once heard of a legitimate seller that didn't. Back door deals? I imagine it's not the only one. 

That true that not right they should post somewhere that they doing deals but it's limited.

On 8/28/2021 at 2:54 PM, DennisHermannsen said:

I'm not saying WHMCS should spoonfeed developers, but it would certainly be nice if they weren't letting the community handle developer-support.

That is very unlikely to ever happen. WHMCS will never officially support developers and people that modify the software. They are going exactly the opposite route in the past years. They are locking the software down for modifications and changes with new releases, and even removing features. The support staff can't even answer some of those questions because they are not the developers.

WHMCS does not want people to modify the software. Just to name one example. In the past, they gave access to the source code for modules, they charged for it and you had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, but at least it was an option for companies that had to customize some modules to fit their needs. That option is now gone. They don't want people to modify anything, even if you are willing to pay them to access that part of the software.

To resume, it's not your software. You have no control over it. And once you have a critical bug or issue in your development or some obscure issue you can't debug, you are completely alone.

On 8/28/2021 at 3:31 PM, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

I agree, I doubt they'll bank roll it though regardless of a price hike. 

For a premium price, they probably would. That means paying extra on top of your licenses.

8 hours ago, zomex said:

I'm sorry Zomex, I can only provide information that I have access to, the reseller program is not an aspect of the business I interact with and therefore refer you to the best person to handle this, which in this case is the Reseller Program Team  

2 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

I'm sorry Zomex, I can only provide information that I have access to, the reseller program is not an aspect of the business I interact with and therefore refer you to the best person to handle this, which in this case is the Reseller Program Team  

That doesn't matter, they've explained it now. 

11 hours ago, wsa said:

This what they tell me in the ticket

Although we have some legacy resellers that are bundling with non-hosting related products we are no longer accepting new applications for this category of resellers. We officially only allow hosting companies that bundle WHMCS with their reseller hosting packages.

Regards,

Johnny Kim
Partner Manager
WHMCS, Ltd.

So why was it denied to everyone else? I understand you want to push it all into private conversations but clearly it's a sore spot and I think the people asking will publicly post the responses and it'll look much worse overall in terms of PR. 

I don't think it's a big ask, for the community manager to hold conversations with the community about the way your employer does business especially if there is a degree of confusion over people seemingly getting special deals which negatively affect others... just my 2 cents but don't keep brushing things under the carpet as moral of the people paying your wages is at an all time low

I appreciate your feedback @Bigol'tastynuggets I have provided the path that you need to follow and that is the limit of what I can do, I have raised this issue with our Partner Manager and he has advised that people can reach out to him via a ticket, as was indicated this is a legacy reseller arrangement which has since been retired, you are welcome to discuss this with Johnny directly.

Additionally, as this thread has now gone well and truely off topic from its original topic around the change in pricing structure, if you wish to continue discussing reseller arrangements I can split that off into its own thread.

58 minutes ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

I appreciate your feedback @Bigol'tastynuggets I have provided the path that you need to follow and that is the limit of what I can do, I have raised this issue with our Partner Manager and he has advised that people can reach out to him via a ticket, as was indicated this is a legacy reseller arrangement which has since been retired, you are welcome to discuss this with Johnny directly.

Additionally, as this thread has now gone well and truely off topic from its original topic around the change in pricing structure, if you wish to continue discussing reseller arrangements I can split that off into its own thread.

So WHMCS honors legacy reseller agreements, but they don't honor owned sold licenses?

Amazing, really. I'm baffled.