Is this Price hike real?

Fringe

7 hours ago, evolve hosting said:

Based on past experience, the features are on the light side and it's best to actually test them vs. read about them. ie. the support manager. They'll tell you they have one and you can handle tickets but they don't tell you that they can't be permanently locked or the client has to login to see attachments. Again, these two examples may have changed now and my examples are based on experiences from a couple of years ago. I sponsored the SupportPal Blesta plugin to get the needed features.

They still have the free trial if you wanted to play, totally understand the need to meddle and not just read! 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, zitu4life said:

Guys,  We can always buy licenses from resellers, for those who will keep using WHMCS, and be out of those WHMCS oficial prices. Hope it helps.🙂

You mean along with a reseller account? I ask because to "be out of WHMCS official prices" sounds a lot like something improper. On you if so, but discussing it here would be a mistake if they're not "proper" licenses.

On 6/26/2021 at 12:42 PM, zomex said:

Indeed, a lot of my clients are switching away from WHMCS. The only thing WHMCS's price increase has benefited is Blesta.

Same here. So much that last 2 months I had just one single order, and none renewal. And as I've as rule in my online business to not use my own money for them, I left my WHMCS license to suspend, even if,  in my case,  the price increase was not high. If I get any sale, I'll renew it, if not, I'll continue without access to admin area. At least from what they told me in the past (good days), suspended licenses are blocking only access to admin panel. Everything else continue to work, including orders/payments. But to be honest, don't know if I must trust it or not.

Edited by WHMUp

Probably need to ask WHMCS. I'd swear they made it really clear that no one was allowed to sell without a hosting product it's tied to, then as time goes on and I asked about specifics I get a "oh yeah, they have permission" on just about every one I asked about. 

I stopped asking. Felt too much like whack-a-mole.

32 minutes ago, bear said:

Probably need to ask WHMCS. I'd swear they made it really clear that no one was allowed to sell without a hosting product it's tied to, then as time goes on and I asked about specifics I get a "oh yeah, they have permission" on just about every one I asked about. 

That is also how i understood it. Being that it had to be offered as part of reseller hosting only.

@WHMCS John what is the situation here? If this is legit it seems unfair to offer this to one company only.

1 hour ago, bear said:

Not sure why you felt the need to in all honesty 🤷🏻‍♂️  seems like a pointless endeavour.  But each to their own I suppose. 

45 minutes ago, zomex said:

That is also how i understood it. Being that it had to be offered as part of reseller hosting only.

@WHMCS John what is the situation here? If this is legit it seems unfair to offer this to one company only.

Why does it matter what they do? It's a monthly fee product, Probably still make more than most theme peddlers this way and still have to pay whmcs each month. 

I don't see the point in these witch hunts other that trying to get a pat on the back from people who Probably laugh at you as you make them money. 

Sorry lads, is this really a big issue? How's your owned licenses? 🤣

2 hours ago, zomex said:

No. You can apply for becoming a reseller and after enroll all requirements and get approved you are done. I was a reseller about 3 years ago, but I cancelled it.

3 hours ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

I don't see the point in these witch hunts other that trying to get a pat on the back from people who Probably laugh at you as you make them money. 

That was then, and it wasn't for a pat on the back, it was to see if I could also offer it.  This was before the more recent screwings began, and before I lost all interest in selling it, much less continuing to pay for something I own (minus support, naturally).

12 hours ago, zomex said:

I have always wondered about theme metro. They offer a free WHMCS license with their theme yet they do not provide reseller hosting:

https://thememetro.com/whmcs.php

Can anyone confirm if this is legit?

Last month he DM me to propose a partnership involving this super cheap WHMCS license. As you probably know at the moment WHMCS irritates me 🦔 and since I don't want to support them in the future (unless they unmute 🔇 their ears) I asked for details. I wanted to know more about their partnership with WHMCS because the only good deal for me was this one:

Profit: me ✔️ Theme Metro ✔️ WHMCS

I received no reply. Now if I find out that WHMCS has such special deals in place with specific developers I raise to DEFCON 2.

12 hours ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

Why does it matter what they do? It's a monthly fee product, Probably still make more than most theme peddlers this way and still have to pay whmcs each month. 

Please don't try to assume why it matters to me. I have reported many nulled licenses to WHMCS over the years and every time they come across as either not interested or powerless to stop it.  Long gone are the days of me trying to help WHMCS as a company.

It matters to me because if it was possible to provide WHMCS licenses without reseller hosting I would have been doing so for the last 8 years. For as long as I can remember it's always been limited to reseller hosting bundles. Then I see a theme provider supposedly allowed to provide licenses it leaves me bitter about the lack of transparency.

1 hour ago, Kian said:

Last month he DM me to propose a partnership involving this super cheap WHMCS license. As you probably know at the moment WHMCS irritates me 🦔 and since I don't want to support them in the future (unless they unmute 🔇 their ears) I asked for details. I wanted to know more about their partnership with WHMCS because the only good deal for me was this one:

Profit: me ✔️ Theme Metro ✔️ WHMCS

I received no reply. Now if I find out that WHMCS has such special deals in place with specific developers I raise to DEFCON 2.

That's very interesting. He has also offered to sell his business to me in the past.

42 minutes ago, zomex said:

He has also offered to sell his business to me in the past.

In my case it was a parthership to bundle one of his themes with WHMCS license but as I said I wanted to know more details about his partnership with WHMCS.

10 minutes ago, Kian said:

In my case it was a parthership to bundle one of his themes with WHMCS license but as I said I wanted to know more details about his partnership with WHMCS.

Interesting that the coversation ended at that point.

PS: I'm going to keep an eye on your project. It looks very promising.

54 minutes ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

Why though, that's on them to sort licencing, I don't particularly care what matters to each individual random stranger online but the mindset of people trying to get told their good boys and have matt tickle their chin and pat their heads is baffling to me. I feel like I'm wasting valuable time on here if I'm honest, being a whmcs lap dog for no more than a copy/paste response is just not how I'd like to spend my day. Each to their own though! 

I'd understand reporting many of the thousands of illegal services using whmcs and cc the relevant people I.e police/trademark lawyers but I believe whmcs should be proactive in not profiteering from that and it's not a customers place to be playing mentally deficient Internet sleuth for these virtual high fives people seek out. 

And let's face it, most theme/addon peddlers need the dodgy sales to stay afloat and will do more so in the next year as people refuse to pay crazy prices 😛

I'm certainly not defending the use of such actions, or at least I never used to.... I genuinely don't care if people are anymore and certainly wouldn't judge those doing so. But never in my 8 years have I needed the warm embrace of a copy/paste response for reporting naughty things on the Internet 🤪

Did you even read my reply?

My question to you is why are you even here? For someone who hates WHMCS you sure do invest a lot of your time in replying to every comment here. It's time to find something better to do with your time and stop wasting everyone else's.

You don't need the warm embrace of a WHMCS "pat on the head" but you troll the community for attention. I'd say that's rather pathetic and a massive contradiction don't you think?

Edited by zomex

1 hour ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

the mindset of people trying to get told their good boys and have matt tickle their chin and pat their heads is baffling to me. I feel like I'm wasting valuable time on here if I'm honest, being a whmcs lap dog

One of the rudest and most "troll like" responses I've seen in some time. 
I then wonder just how "valuable" your time is, and agree it would be better spent elsewhere.

15 hours ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

WHMCS rules state that if you want to reseller their licenses you must host them on your own servers. You can't offer them as a standalone product. Of course you can freely create as many bundle as you want with other softwares, modules, templates, consulting service but this cannot prescind from you hosting WHMCS on your servers. This whole program is in fact all about hosting providers and not developers, designers or web agencies.

In past I had two websites. Let's name them A and B. A was a hosting provider while B was all about WHMCS modules. Many years ago I asked WHMCS to join their reseller program and they accepted me underlining that I was allowed to resell their licenses from A but not from B.

Back to ThemeMetro, that's not about envy, jealousy or "witch hunts". I think we're questioning the double-standard of WHMCS.

There about 5 third-party WHMCS developers left in this business. At this rate very soon there will be no one actively working on WHMCS due to this price hike, unbelivable bugs, silly features, nonsensical release cycle and the unfriendly developer environment they created.

If WHMCS decided to support a specific developer at the expense of the others, I guess it's clear they really want to kill what is left. Knowing the answer could help developers like me to speed up the exit-strategy 😁

Edited by Kian

28 minutes ago, Kian said:

WHMCS rules state that if you want to reseller their licenses you must host them on your own servers. You can't offer them as a standalone product. Of course you can freely create as many bundle as you want with other softwares, modules, templates, consulting service but this cannot prescind from you hosting WHMCS on your servers. This whole program is in fact all about hosting providers and not developers, designers or web agencies.

In past I had two websites. Let's name them A and B. A was a hosting provider while B was all about WHMCS modules. Many years ago I asked WHMCS to join their reseller program and they accepted me underlining that I was allowed to resell their licenses from A but not from B.

Back to ThemeMetro, that's not about envy, jealousy or "witch hunts". I think we're questioning the double-standard of WHMCS.

There about 5 third-party WHMCS developers left in this business. At this rate very soon there will be no one actively working on WHMCS due to this price hike, unbelivable bugs, silly features, nonsensical release cycle and the unfriendly developer environment they created.

If WHMCS decided to support a specific developer at the expense of the others, I guess it's clear they really want to kill what is left. Knowing the answer could help developers like me to speed up the exit-strategy 😁

Kian, I actually love your sites! Your take on what can be changed and ways on doing things is actually miles ahead of anyone else! Sadly we never had any use for them personally! However, I've had you bookmarked for a long time and have always followed what you were doing in the hope one day I could purchase something suitable for my business! 

Apologies if it was unclear - I do agree with you and understand the "rules" but the fanboy mentality of others is bizarre 😄

I was merely annoyed with the usual suspects feigning shock and indignation at things they fully well knew for the warm embrace they clearly desire 

16 minutes ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

I was merely annoyed with the usual suspects feigning shock and indignation at things they fully well knew for the warm embrace they clearly desire

"certainly wouldn't judge those doing so"
Truly, you are a master of restraint, and totally above denigrating others. 

"have matt tickle their chin and pat their heads"
"being a whmcs lap dog for no more than a copy/paste response"
"it's not a customers place to be playing mentally deficient Internet sleuth for these virtual high fives people seek out. "
"never in my 8 years have I needed the warm embrace of a copy/paste response for reporting naughty things on the Internet"
"the fanboy mentality of others is bizarre"

It's a wonder we don't all self implode in your shadow. 

40 minutes ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

Kian, I actually love your sites! Your take on what can be changed and ways on doing things is actually miles ahead of anyone else! Sadly we never had any use for them personally! However, I've had you bookmarked for a long time and have always followed what you were doing in the hope one day I could purchase something suitable for my business! 

Apologies if it was unclear - I do agree with you and understand the "rules" but the fanboy mentality of others is bizarre 😄

For troll to fan boy in 5 minutes. Your contradictions continue and your cringe increases post after post.

You are the most emotional person when it comes to WHMCS that I have come across.

For all the things you claim of others ultimately you are an Internet troll. Seeking attention via the Internet to fill a hole in your life.

15 minutes ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

You've gone a bit off topic here

It was YOU that fired all those warning shots at members here, not the other way around. If you troll, don't expect people to roll over. 
Now we can get back on topic.  :agree: