Wish List for WHMCS v8

3 minutes ago, zitu4life said:

Guys... v8 is coming, lets wake-up this post...

why? are they going to have a survey or a vote on what to add ?? (even if they did, how many users would vote??) no - they will already know what's going to change, and the user base will either have to like it or lump it.

59 minutes ago, brian! said:

why? are they going to have a survey or a vote on what to add ?? (even if they did, how many users would vote??) no - they will already know what's going to change, and the user base will either have to like it or lump it.

I vote we have mandatory SSL checks, 11 new "marketplace" offers that they get a few pennies each from, dancing info blocks in the admin area and per user pricing.
Oh, wait...

There is much that the WHMCS team can do to make relevant to license owners.

• Zendesk native integration rather than Kayako. Not sure what the deal is with WHMCS and Kayako.
  • better customizable maintenance page.
  • better UI (move away from the European-centric design).
  • completely separate the web hosting login from the affiliate login. Make it possible to generate landing page URLs via the affiliate system as often one need to create special pages specifically for this.
  •  plug and play integration with major cloud platforms. At least GCP and AWS.

Even if everything above is ignored,  make it possible to use Zendesk as an option and separate the affiliate users and hosting customers.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi all,

We were excited to announce that version 8.0 is in the works!

I've let last year's thread have a dignified retirement, and started this new thread, so the discussion can focus on the software changes and new features you'd like to see in this major new version. The previous discussion seemed focussed on company policy and strategy - and whilst we certainly appreciate receiving your feedback on that - it's not something that would change because of a software version number.

It's helpful to frame this discussion in the light of what a major version bump means, which this blog touches on:https://blog.whmcs.com/106987/how-our-releases-work-and-what-you-need-to-know

Version 8.0 will represent a New Major Version (Major Update with Backwards Incompatible Changes and Database Changes)

Some of these we've already shared, such as the increases to minimum requirements and updates for dependencies.

We're looking forward to sharing some more of our plans in the coming weeks at https://blog.whmcs.com

There's some particularly interesting suggestions here already, so please do keep that up.

For example, I'd love to hear more about the opposite of a European-Centric design @zetaone

Would love to see the ability to use Stripe's Smarter Saved Cards. See the link below... I know we can have our clients login and update their card info but stripe automatically gets the updated expiration date when the card expires.  However, WHMCS does not update the card and stops it from being charged. When I login to stripe I can see that the card has been updated. 

https://stripe.com/blog/smarter-saved-cards

Also Metric Billing for Plesk would be amazing!

Edited by bishopjon

- LTS Version: Please, we don't need all versions have LTS, but you can relase, por example, 8.2 LTS, and support it for a few years. We have LTS on CentOS, on cPanel, on PHP... but WHMCS has a crazy time from beta to EOL. For tiny companies, this is a big effort to stay update and test everything.

- GSuite oauth: From june, nobody cand send smtp mail with user and password trough GSuite, so we need Google Oauth for it. Same for Office 365 mail.

Also, the mobile support of the admin area it's very poor, a little improvement will be well received.

Separate the ticket / support / kb  system from WHMCS. Give WHMCS the ability to integrate into other packages - like zendesk, freshdesk etc - The WHMCS support/ticket system should plugin the same way as any other system, giving us the flexibility to choose the support platform we wish to use.

On 5/27/2020 at 3:29 PM, clopezi said:

- GSuite oauth: From june, nobody cand send smtp mail with user and password trough GSuite, so we need Google Oauth for it. Same for Office 365 mail.

We are also aware Office 365 are set to retire POP Basic Authentication access to Exchange Online mailboxes which was scheduled for October 2020 has been delayed until the second half of 2021 for people using it but also will be something we are adding soon.

On 5/27/2020 at 3:29 PM, clopezi said:

Also, the mobile support of the admin area it's very poor, a little improvement will be well received.

The team do have this on the list, can't confirm what we have for V8 but it is something that we are working towards

Given that we know this will be the next major update, it might be a good idea to know , at least a theoretical, time frame. Are we looking at 6 months? A year? Can we get at least a proximity? 

As a developer, I know it's impossible to time these things perfectly, but, also, as a developer (specifically with WHMCS mods lately), it would help immensely, especially since you mentioned you'll be playing with things that can cause problems (a-la guzzle, etc) with other things 🙂

I would love to see :

• ability to separate client area from admin and cart - providing they are all licensed on the same domain..  ie: have the client area at (for example) my.example.com, have the cart at store.example.com and the admin interface as manage.example.com for example.  obviously, on the same server, this could be done using domain aliases - so my.example.com points to the same folder as store.example.com and manage.example.com - so there is only a single cron etc running ... but allow you to "prevent" certain pages from being loaded - such as you can't load cart.php on my.example.com etc.  (would be nicer than having to build a whole separate portal using API (which has some functions you can't do via API)

• ability to have a single email able to log into multiple accounts.  We have a few people who regularly bring business to us - and they work/volunteer for each of the accounts that they get set up.  It would be great to be able to have a single contact (say John@johnsmith.com) be able to be a contact on 2 or more accounts (and for the account owner to grant them rights specific to that account .... for example, on Account 1, John can do everything, but on Account 2, he shouldn't be able to see, manage or do anything related to billing)

• Better Plesk integration/access control etc.

Would love to see

• an overhaul of themes so that we're not stuck with an old version of Bootstrap. Ideally, removing the dependency entirely so you can switch in something other than Bootstrap should you wish to.
  • Also child themes ala Wordpress so upgrades can be done to a main theme but custom changes are isolated.
  • An easy way to create and edit custom pages.
  • Ability to edit and re-order the menu in the client area.
  • Splitting of updates to WHMCS into streams for security updates and feature updates.
  • Better responsive mobile layout in the admin area.
  • Consistent use of OBVIOUS buttons & links in the client area. The number of times I've had to explain to clients they can click on the line in the table, anywhere, but no don't click on the URL...

Thought of another thing that would be nice 

• Account Statement system.  Ability to automate sending of statements showing activity for a predefined period ...  shows outstanding balances, less payments plus new charges etc.. 
  • ability to send these on a regular basis - such as monthly - but allow them to be turned on and off by client
  • Allow client at any time to generate a statement in the client area - they can select a date range, and it provides all the same details etc
  •  

7.10 introduced price sync with domain registrars but unless I'm missing something, there's no automatic update for existing prices for renewals. This was first requested as a feature 7 years ago - https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/bulk-auto-recalculate-option and you currently have to work around the issue with a hook or use a 3rd party addon - https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/4017-auto-recalculate-prices

Nerdle's ENOM price sync used to also do automatic renewal price updates also.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 1:23 AM, slim said:

Separate the ticket / support / kb  system from WHMCS. Give WHMCS the ability to integrate into other packages - like zendesk, freshdesk etc - The WHMCS support/ticket system should plugin the same way as any other system, giving us the flexibility to choose the support platform we wish to use.

You could always look at SupportPal, which allows you separate out things already with WHMCS Intergration.

15 hours ago, aquiss said:

You could always look at SupportPal, which allows you separate out things already with WHMCS Intergration.

Not really? I dont believe WHMCS has the API's to disable/replace its support system and KB. ?

We use SupportPal, very happily, with WHMCS.  You will even see its a support module in your WHMCS configuration. 

The client area sections are replaced with its tickets, knowledgeable and announcements.  Only the admin side isn't connected so tickets are managed via the SupportPal admin area. Their WHMCS integration shows the linked WHMCS services.  It's been brilliant - and is self hosted. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 2.18.43 pm.png

Yes Damo, I understand that SupportPal works, however WHMCS does not provide an API to replace these features, support Pal requires local installation of files. It would be great if the support system was decoupled from WHMCS so that others could easily integrate systems like intercom, zendesk, fresh desk etc without hacks.

Yes it does require local installation of files, but that's the same any other module (registrar, payment, etc).  That modular approach isn't a 'hack' but one way to integrate. 

Looking at the WHMCS mobile app preview it gives the impression that it's using the WHMCS API already.  The developer docs show that it's there to use.