How do you change the a users password without using email?

Web Host Pro

I'm sure this has been said here, probably by me. And probably ignored. But how do you reset a customer's password without using email again? Unless it's your first day on the interweb you know email is not reliable and people lose their emails. So there has to be another way. Obviously it should be an option for admins to do but I don't see the option for this still. I searched for it and the community search could not find a thread for it which is add weird and not allowing an admin to do this from WHMCS.

They removed admins ability to do password resets, for "security reasons". Personally I think something broke when they implemented the user/owner/contact scheme and aren't willing to tear it back apart to fix it. Other than editing in the database, I don't know of a method to change one any longer. 

You can do the following to set a specific password for a user:

<?php
require 'init.php';

use WHMCS\User\User;

$password = '!myStr0ngpAssword$'; // Set the new password
$newPasswordHash = password_hash($password, PASSWORD_BCRYPT); // Hash the password

$user = User::find(1); // The ID of the user
$user->password = $newPasswordHash;
$user->save();

It actually shouldn't be too big of a deal creating  a module that does exactly this to be done from the admin area. Doesn't even need to be a module, could simply be a hook.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Error: ParseError: syntax error, unexpected 'string' (T_STRING), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) or const (T_CONST) in /home/hostmail/public_html/clients/modules/addons/PasswordChange/lib/PasswordGenerator.php:10 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: WHMCS\Module\Autoloader->moduleClassLoader('WHMCS\\Module\\Ad...') #1 /home/hostmail/public_html/clients/modules/addons/PasswordChange/lib/Admin/Controller.php(32): spl_autoload_call('WHMCS\\Module\\Ad...') #2 /home/hostmail/public_html/clients/modules/addons/PasswordChange/lib/Admin/AdminDispatcher.php(18): WHMCS\Module\Addon\PasswordChange\Admin\Controller->changePassword(Array) #3 /home/hostmail/public_html/clients/modules/addons/PasswordChange/PasswordChange.php(65): WHMCS\Module\Addon\PasswordChange\Admin\AdminDispatcher->dispatch('changePassword', Array) #4 /home/hostmail/public_html/clients/shank/addonmodules.php(0): PasswordChange_output(Array) #5 {main}

1 hour ago, Dkuzik said:

for that hook i am not sure probably for older whmcs and php versions.

I would personally use WGS or another paid service $25 and under. Inexpensive.

If you want Lees module see attached.

clientpassword.tar.gz 14.22 kB · 1 download

Older version and had some bugs so took it down, but feel free to use it/expand on it 🙂