Owned copy of the software - what is happening?

This update has changed my look to the future too and it’s more than possible that we will start to find alternatives before we’ll grow up since we plan to start building our new datacenter in Q4, increasing by the same way our active customers number.

I have actually no idea about good web hosting management softwares, but I’m pretty sure than companies that are supposed to pay more than thousand dollars monthly will start creating their own.

10 hours ago, johannes said:

I´m switching to the new WiseCP.  https://www.wisecp.com   which is mentioned on the DirectAdmin website under Extras (aside ******)
 With WiseCP you can even get a free version with up to 25 endcustomers.   I just did a testinstallation, and can say that it looks like a much more better designed WHMCS, and its easier to setup, whereas it has almost the same functions.

Doesn't seem to link to Nominet. 

i'm very disapointed about that decission and they even made the price higher again since yesterday evening from 1000 clients for 25 dollar now towards 45 dollar. it just ridiculous. we are whmcs customer since 9 years and they allready doubled the support price few years ago which was ok but now a price increase from over 450%....just mad.

i mean it's not a perfect tool at all but is very usable with a lot of little tweaks via hooks and lot of extension modules.

i just missing the words about that all!!

10 hours ago, alc said:

Apparently WHMCS don't care if they lose hundreds or even thousands of customers. They'll make up the income with the extortionate fees they will charge the few remaining suckers who stay. I have to wonder if an extremely high customer attrition rate after this stunt was a calculated expectation on the part of WHMCS and is partly responsible  for their ridiculous new pricing structure. 

You are right! Of course they were expecting this outrage and it has been calculated for sure. 
I have sent them a ticket regarding this and they have replied saying nothing more than what was already known. They conclude with a vague promise about what they are planning to do in the future but without any specific mention to functions or added value that would make the price increase more justifiable.

i'm very disapointed about that decission and they even made the price higher again since yesterday evening from 1000 clients for 25 dollar now towards 45 dollar. it just ridiculous. we are whmcs customer since 9 years and they allready doubled the support price few years ago which was ok but now a price increase from over 450%....just mad.

i mean it's not a perfect tool at all but is very usable with a lot of little tweaks via hooks and lot of extension modules.

i just missing the words about that all!!

15 hours ago, isdoo said:

Looks like several people have posted. 

yep, their score has gone from 4.6 yesterday to 3.5 today - so it's heading towards the same level it was a couple of years ago before the large number of one-line 5 star reviews started to appear on there... usually from users who haven't reviewed other sites - draw your own conclusions on that one!

5 hours ago, brian! said:

yep, their score has gone from 4.6 yesterday to 3.5 today - so it's heading towards the same level it was a couple of years ago before the large number of one-line 5 star reviews started to appear on there... usually from users who haven't reviewed other sites - draw your own conclusions on that one!

I guess most will be removed? 

5 hours ago, brian! said:

I guess most will be removed? 

3 hours ago, opso said:

2.8 already... This is the beginning of the end for WHMCS business.

Let's not forget that's not what we want... we want WHMCS to come to their senses and apologize and cancel the changes..

2.6 currently, and they won't change their minds on this. It's done. 
Just like the unsavory changes last time (and the ones at Cpanel), the anger will fade over time if they sit back and let us rant, then they quietly cull the posts they don't like, send people to praise at trustpilot and go on with their lives. A number of owned license holders will actually leave for other systems, some will (foolishly) stay, and the bottom line won't be affected much. They view owned licenses as a loss now, since the recurring income isn't enough. Leased is a stream of money that is far more attractive, and the price hikes for those will probably start again early/mid 2022 or so, once the new levels are in effect for a while. Trust me, they have a plan, all written out.

As soon as we can we're moving on. My leaving won't cause them any concern. In fact, all the owned license holders leaving won't either. They will push the leased licenses, and that's that.