Owned copy of the software - what is happening?

44 minutes ago, krokos said:

This is a flat out rip-off! I have purchased a LIFETIME OWNED LICENSE and I expect WHMCS to honour that agreement! I have been paying the annual support for YEARS too! 

Any suggestions to migrate to? 

They are honoring the lifetime agreement as per the email.

Just pray you don't need any support or updates in the future, that's where we're all screwed.  Very clever to sneakily abuse the support license model to essentially make the owned license a brick.

So why bother to say 'if you have an owned license you can continue to use it'?  What's the point?

Very very sneaky. Terrible way to reward the folks who bought into you early to prop you up......

1 minute ago, BigFoot said:

Very very sneaky. Terrible way to reward the folks who bought into you early to prop you up......

Yes, you are right. I am going to exhaust the active license and in the meantime prepare for migration. I am reading about Blesta.

Also, since WHMCS is betraying the trust I have been showing to them since 2008(!!!) I will make sure to mention that in Trustpilot.

Just now, zitu4life said:

New prices do not advertise branded or unbranded 

I think the implication is that now all licenses are unbranded.

Plus License

No Branding. Permits up to 250 Clients.
Includes all features of the WHMCS Core Product and Standard Email/Ticket Support.

Just now, brian! said:

I think the implication is that now all licenses are unbranded.

This is amazing... About an hour ago there was another option at $15,95 which was the same as Plus only branded. It's gone now!

4 minutes ago, krokos said:

This is amazing... About an hour ago there was another option at $15,95 which was the same as Plus only branded. It's gone now!

I saw that too... seems like they are still changing the prices.

I was only on the 15.95 package and got upgraded to 18.95, and it hurts 😄 I can't even imagine the pain and frustration that's going on for a lot of you guys. Obnoxious business practice to say at least.

I´m switching to the new WiseCP.  https://www.wisecp.com   which is mentioned on the DirectAdmin website under Extras (aside Blesta)
 With WiseCP you can even get a free version with up to 25 endcustomers.   I just did a testinstallation, and can say that it looks like a much more better designed WHMCS, and its easier to setup, whereas it has almost the same functions.

Loyal/pleased customer since converting to WHMCS in 2006. 

Very disheartened by today's email.

From what I'm understanding, my costs are going to go up almost 500%.

I'm incredibly disappointed and hope there's going to be some re-consideration as the pricing isn't realistic for some use cases.

Blesta is the best one to go with from my research.

It will cost me a bit to get it all moved over. About the same as 6 months on WHMCS new pricing. So after 6 months on Blesta i should be good again without any stupid moves like what WHMCS does.

Blesta support is actually good, and they product a lot more flexible and easy to work with.

5 hours ago, bady said:

I really don't know what to say, the abolition of the owned licenses is a big problem for WHMCS developers, but at the same time they increase the prices for the licenses, for me that's a price increase of 900%. How is this supposed to work?

Apparently WHMCS don't care if they lose hundreds or even thousands of customers. They'll make up the income with the extortionate fees they will charge the few remaining suckers who stay. I have to wonder if an extremely high customer attrition rate after this stunt was a calculated expectation on the part of WHMCS and is partly responsible  for their ridiculous new pricing structure.