Unable to remove created users

Hi all, yes th only way is from phpmyadmin or via command line:

"DELETE FROM `tblusers` WHERE `tblusers`.`id` = 1"

just don't forget to change the user id at the end of the command.

the id's in the WHMCS dashboard reflect exactly the id's in the database.

And please @WHMCS support, ask to your dev team to ad a button to delete users.
for me it is unimaginable that an administrator cannot have full control over his software

Ludo

Hello everyone,

Exactly I came here for a solution to remove users but no luck, What kind of logic is behind it to not deleting users????!!

I can delete them from DB but why WHMCS  does not put delete button in managment area??????

Oh man this is so bad so bad 😞

On 10/11/2020 at 4:37 PM, Ludo said:

Hi all, yes th only way is from phpmyadmin or via command line:

"DELETE FROM `tblusers` WHERE `tblusers`.`id` = 1"

just don't forget to change the user id at the end of the command.

the id's in the WHMCS dashboard reflect exactly the id's in the database.

And please @WHMCS support, ask to your dev team to ad a button to delete users.
for me it is unimaginable that an administrator cannot have full control over his software

Ludo

Thank you for that as I needed to resort to this to delete users on the system. There should be no reason on why the Administrator account can not delete these user accounts. This needs to be changed. 

Hi! We also need an option to delete users.

Updated to v8 last week and have several users "duplicated". When the user/client concept not was available they created same accounts with different emails to manage their clients. Now we consolidated ther clients in one user account and want to delete the unused accounts.

Thanks

17 hours ago, Beekingo said:

Hi! We also need an option to delete users.

Updated to v8 last week and have several users "duplicated". When the user/client concept not was available they created same accounts with different emails to manage their clients. Now we consolidated ther clients in one user account and want to delete the unused accounts.

Thanks

The only possibility is currently to delete via database.
It is incomprehensible why WHMCS does not improve here.

It is GDPR technically a catastrophe. A customer has his account deleted and the user is still there. No go.

On 10/9/2020 at 7:47 AM, WHMCS John said:

We're very much watching and listening to this thread, and would be interested to hear further thoughts and reasoning for any other approaches.

It would be great if you'd provide some additional commentary now. There's lots of feedback and it appears to be falling on deaf ears. 

I logged in specifically to post this comment. THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE. All tricks and no treats. 

Because of encountering this problem today, for the first time in 4 years of using WHMCS I started seriously looking at other software. GDPR  non complicance can ruin an entire business and get you blacklisted. 

Im sorry to say that if this isnt fixed soon I will have to stop using WHMCS

The worst thing is that if this information becomes public (WHMCS is not anymore natively GDPR compliant), How many hosts are now in danger because of this update?

how many hosts are working with WHMCS? 70% I think.
Among them, how many have installed version 8?

If the organization in charge of enforcing the GDPR wants to have fun and especially to collect some money for christmas, they have something to work with...

WHMCS has only two solutions:

• Either they publish a patch as soon as possible.
  • Or there is something preventing them from doing so, in which case they must offer to disable this new feature (user management), or perhaps even a pure rollback.

But I have the feeling that they don't care at all...

10 hours ago, Ludo said:

Or there is something preventing them from doing so

I bet there is, because it's a bit more tricky to know when you should delete a user account. There's multiple situations to account for - fx if the client only wishes to have their client account deleted but keep their user account so he can access other accounts they were invited to.

On 10/9/2020 at 4:24 PM, HardSoftCode said:

It's not hard to create a small hook to do this, I always say you can do anything with WHMCS by using hooks and APIs

Just upload the attached file to the includes\hooks directory and now when you deleted a client the owner user will be deleted

<?php

if(!defined("WHMCS")) die("This file cannot be accessed directly");

use WHMCS\User\Relations\UserClient;
use WHMCS\User\Client;
use WHMCS\User\User;

add_hook('ClientDelete', 855412, function($vars)
{
  $clientid = $vars['userid'];
  $userid   = UserClient::where('client_id', $clientid)->value('id');

if(User::find($userid)->isOwner(Client::find($clientid)))
  {
    if(User::where('id', $userid)->delete())
    {
      logActivity('User Deleted - ID: '.$userid, 0);
    }
  }
});

deleteClientUser.zip 466 B · 7 downloads

Not working with 8.0.4

3 minutes ago, ThemeMetro said:

I think we can manage everything manually, so what is use for automation software 🙂

Sure, but you see actually the problem and there is no other solution for it. A hook doesnt help here.

So we have to do it this way.

4 minutes ago, DennisHermannsen said:

A hook could help - you just got to account for a lot of things.

Oh boys. Sure a hook can help for everything. You can buy a simple software and modify it 3 years and it could do everything you need too. So please, no problem or?

This is not the solution of this problem! 

So if WHMCS gives updates with new functions it is not the solution to modify or create hooks again to use them.

The only solution is that WHMCS reacts here and publish an update which is gdpr confirm and works as we need it in europe.

Edited by ZoXx

Guys, does anyone of you know a hook to delete users when deleting clients?

Last night some spammers created more than 50 accounts on my whmcs, I did deleted created clients but now I stare at those users with no delete button.

And I don't want to touch DB! Last time my DB corrupted, I prefer a hook or a better permanent solution by WHMCS!

Edited by Ardeshir

1 minute ago, Ardeshir said:

Guys, does anyone of you know a hook to delete users when deleting clients?

Last night some spammers created more than 50 accounts on my whmcs, I did deleted created clients but now I stare at those users with no delete button.

And I don't want to touch DB! Last time my DB corrupted, I prefer a hook.

It is easy to delete them from database.
There is no hook.