Cpanel Change Package Permission Denied

3 hours ago, NitishKumar said:

It's Possible To Downgrade Whmcs To 7.8.3

I wouldn't recommend this unless you have a backup prior to your update.

If you don't have a backup it would be best to update using WHM for now and await WHMCS's response. This could be a bug in WHMCS or due to some changes required to your settings.

3 minutes ago, zomex said:

I wouldn't recommend this unless you have a backup prior to your update.

If you don't have a backup it would be best to update using WHM for now and await WHMCS's response. This could be a bug in WHMCS or due to some changes required to your settings.

Thanks Waiting For Response From WHMCS

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @NitishKumar
In order to see the commands being sent/received between WHMCS and the module, the Utilities > Logs > Module debug Log tool can be used
Please enable it, reproduce the problem, disable it again and then copy the data into this ticket reply for us to review.

More detailed instructions are published at http://docs.whmcs.com/Troubleshooting_Module_Problems

NOTE: Please take care to remove any sensitive data before posting it here publicly.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @NitishKumar,

Thanks for providing that information. In v7.9 we have improved the error handling of the Permission Denied message from the cPanel API. Previously this may have manifest itself as "An Unknown Error Occurred".

In this specific case, the implication is that the User/API Token entered on Setup > Products/Services > Servers > Edit, does not have permission to perform the listresellers API command.

Upgrading a reseller account will also run these commands:

• setresellers
  • setacl
  • setresellerlimits

Please check you have all these permissions: https://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM#API_Token_Permissions

If the problem persists, please contact your server admin or cPanel support for further assistance in adjusting your permission settings appropriately.

8 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

To use this API command, your WHM user/API Token will need the "all" permission as described at 

This Permission Not Found For Reseller in Reseller Nameservers and Privileges,

I tried with whmcs 7.8.3 Cpanel server module it's working perfectly,can i use 7.8.3 cpanel Server module in 7.9

I am also having this issue since upgrading (it's not every day I upgrade / downgrade plans via WHMCS, so only just found this issue. It was working prior to upgrading.

Error log: json-api/listresellers - Permission denied.

I have Upgrade/Downgrade accounts ticked (upgrade-account)

Help

FYI - I have no reseller accounts on my servers - so not sure why 'All' permission would be needed - it most certainly wasnt on previous versions of WHMCS

Edited by slim

• 4 months later...