WebsiteIntegrations

Unsubscribing Not Removing From Mailchimp

Posted (edited)

Hello

I've noticed that in 7.5.1 (not sure about other versions as i never tested it in the past) that when someone unsubscribes from marketing emails that it does not remove them from the email list in mailchimp.

In the module log it sends this to mailchimp

[opt_in_status] =>

when originally subscribing it sends

[opt_in_status] => 1

so how would it know a blank command means unsubscribe? Should it not send

[opt_in_status] => 0

I've heard from other users of whmcs who confirm this issue with me as well.

I would think that its important (especially with GDPR now in effect) that when someone clicks to no longer get emails that it actually takes them off the list.

Edited by WebsiteIntegrations

I see this also 

Its not showing an error other then its passing a blank variable as mentioned.

[opt_in_status] =>

how would that change anything? In their documentation it shows either true or false (I see you use 1 for true so i would assume it should send 0 for false?)

So, digging into this a bit further, I've found we have a case logged under the id CORE-11819

In essence, there is a limitation of the MailChimp Ecommerce API, thus the un-subscribe is not passed back.  The Development team are currently working to identify a workaround by making use of other API's in the meantime, clients will need unsubscribe using the links in any mail chimp emails.

I've tied this community post to the case so it can be updated with further updates

On 5/26/2018 at 1:54 PM, WHMCS ChrisD said:

So, digging into this a bit further, I've found we have a case logged under the id CORE-11819

In essence, there is a limitation of the MailChimp Ecommerce API, thus the un-subscribe is not passed back.  The Development team are currently working to identify a workaround by making use of other API's in the meantime, clients will need unsubscribe using the links in any mail chimp emails.

I've tied this community post to the case so it can be updated with further updates

It's not that much difficult to change the Mailchimp api as they already providing such facilities to Subscribe and Unsubscribe. 

All they need to do an update on mailchimp module that way problem coming 

I guess they did not add this on V7.6 I dont see the CORE-11819

I am afraid that this case is still in development. Without getting into too much technical detail, it requires overhauling the module to use a different API call than the one we are currently using and unfortunately isn't likely to make it for 7.6.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to submit a support ticket and we will be glad to assist.

WOW you have a module that major bug that peoples can not use and we need to wait on next version 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By garybarr
      Maybe I'm wanting too much, maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe I found a glitch nobody thought of...
      But when a client has a change of email address,  it sends an update to MailChimp, which is bounced back.  (Added Module Debug Log below)
      If a customer checks "Don't Send client marketing emails", saves it... Changes their email and then unchecks it... It would work.  But what client would know to do that?  So if their email address ever changes, they will never be able to get emailed again...without a lot of manual interaction after someone either complains or just would happen to know they changed it.
      Ideas or thoughts?

==============================================================================
      REQUEST:
      Array (     [id] => cust-11984     [email_address] => dcspamproof1@gmail.com     [opt_in_status] => 1     [company] =>      [first_name] => Test     [last_name] => User     [orders_count] => 0     [total_spent] => 0     [address] => Array         (             [address1] =>              [address2] =>              [city] =>              [province] =>              [postal_code] =>              [country] =>              [country_code] => US         ) ) ==============================================================================
      RESPONSE:
      Array (     [type] => http://developer.mailchimp.com/documentation/mailchimp/guides/error-glossary/     [title] => Invalid Resource     [status] => 400     [detail] => An email address may not be changed once a customer is created.     [instance] => a1e12c27-ff1c-499f-96bf-cb1e8cdc8942 )  
    • By sgonzalez
      Hi, I have been testing the mailchieenmp integration. and I found 2 issues.

1) If by mistake you dont create a list right after you setup the mailchimp API key, you wont be able to do it after... There  MUST be an option to create a list after the API key has been saved. I had this problem and I was forced to disconnect the mailchimp connection and make it again to be able to add a list.

2) When I try to add the list , I receive this error.. Any idea?

type - Schema describes string, NULL found instead vendor - Schema describes string, NULL found instead

Thanks!

• By WebsiteIntegrations
      Hello
      In the mailchimp integration settings it has an option called User opt in that says " When enabled, users will be asked to confirm they wish to opt-in to your mailing list during the signup/checkout process "
      I am not seeing a place on register/checkout that is showing this opt in option. Is there suppose to be?!
    • By tbsweet52
      Hey guys, not sure if everyone knows what Zapier is but it's an online service that let's you connect and automate over 250 web apps such as Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Infusionsoft, Freshbooks, Hubspot, etc. You can check out Zapier here.

Anyways, I was in my Zapier account today and noticed WHMCS has been added. I've literally been waiting months for this.

Here's the triggers and actions that are currently supported (these are straight from the docs):

Supported Triggers

New Client - Triggers whenever a new client is added
      New Ticket - Triggers on a new ticket
      New Todo Item - Triggers whenever a new todo item

Supported Actions

Create Ticket - Creates a new ticket in WHMCS.
      Create Client - Creates a new client
      Create Invoice - Creates a new invoice.

Some screenshots from within Zapier:

I hope this means big things to come for WHMCS in 2014!
    • By docsaway
      Hi All,

We have just finished building a Mailchimp addon to WHMCS. This is available for download for free from the following address:

http://www.qiq.co/php/company_mailchimp_module.php

At present the module does 3 things:

1. When a contacts is added to your WHMCS account their name, last name and email address is automatically added to a specified Mailchimp mailing list.

2. Selecting “Marketing Emails Opt-out” will automatically remove the content from the Mailchimp mailing list. Deselecting “Marketing Emails Opt-out” will automatically add the content from the Mailchimp mailing list.

3. Deleting a contact from WHMCS will also remove the contacts details from Mailchimp.

Please let us know what you think, and what you would like to see in our next version.

Just to give you some confidence in who we are, we also released a Docsaway addon module sometime ago which has been quite popular within the WHMCS community ( https://www.whmcs.com/members/commun...4682f1126d693a )

Best wishes

Paul.