Maybe I'm wanting too much, maybe I'm doing something wrong, or maybe I found a glitch nobody thought of...
But when a client has a change of email address, it sends an update to MailChimp, which is bounced back. (Added Module Debug Log below)
If a customer checks "Don't Send client marketing emails", saves it... Changes their email and then unchecks it... It would work. But what client would know to do that? So if their email address ever changes, they will never be able to get emailed again...without a lot of manual interaction after someone either complains or just would happen to know they changed it.
Ideas or thoughts?
Array ( [id] => cust-11984 [email_address] => email@example.com [opt_in_status] => 1 [company] => [first_name] => Test [last_name] => User [orders_count] => 0 [total_spent] => 0 [address] => Array ( [address1] => [address2] => [city] => [province] => [postal_code] => [country] => [country_code] => US ) ) ==============================================================================
Array ( [type] => http://developer.mailchimp.com/documentation/mailchimp/guides/error-glossary/ [title] => Invalid Resource [status] => 400 [detail] => An email address may not be changed once a customer is created. [instance] => a1e12c27-ff1c-499f-96bf-cb1e8cdc8942 )
Hi, I have been testing the mailchieenmp integration. and I found 2 issues.
1) If by mistake you dont create a list right after you setup the mailchimp API key, you wont be able to do it after... There MUST be an option to create a list after the API key has been saved. I had this problem and I was forced to disconnect the mailchimp connection and make it again to be able to add a list.
2) When I try to add the list , I receive this error.. Any idea?
type - Schema describes string, NULL found instead vendor - Schema describes string, NULL found instead
In the mailchimp integration settings it has an option called User opt in that says " When enabled, users will be asked to confirm they wish to opt-in to your mailing list during the signup/checkout process "
I am not seeing a place on register/checkout that is showing this opt in option. Is there suppose to be?!
Hey guys, not sure if everyone knows what Zapier is but it's an online service that let's you connect and automate over 250 web apps such as Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Infusionsoft, Freshbooks, Hubspot, etc. You can check out Zapier here.
Anyways, I was in my Zapier account today and noticed WHMCS has been added. I've literally been waiting months for this.
Here's the triggers and actions that are currently supported (these are straight from the docs):
New Client - Triggers whenever a new client is added
New Ticket - Triggers on a new ticket
New Todo Item - Triggers whenever a new todo item
Create Ticket - Creates a new ticket in WHMCS.
Create Client - Creates a new client
Create Invoice - Creates a new invoice.
Some screenshots from within Zapier:
I hope this means big things to come for WHMCS in 2014!
We have just finished building a Mailchimp addon to WHMCS. This is available for download for free from the following address:
At present the module does 3 things:
1. When a contacts is added to your WHMCS account their name, last name and email address is automatically added to a specified Mailchimp mailing list.
2. Selecting “Marketing Emails Opt-out” will automatically remove the content from the Mailchimp mailing list. Deselecting “Marketing Emails Opt-out” will automatically add the content from the Mailchimp mailing list.
3. Deleting a contact from WHMCS will also remove the contacts details from Mailchimp.
Please let us know what you think, and what you would like to see in our next version.
Just to give you some confidence in who we are, we also released a Docsaway addon module sometime ago which has been quite popular within the WHMCS community ( https://www.whmcs.com/members/commun...4682f1126d693a )
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.