I just upgraded to 7.3 and the admin area is now blank.

Using template 6, in outside folder.

Do I need to move something?

we've kept up with all upgrades and this is first blank dashboard issues we've encountered.

See attached:

I just see "Dashboard" - all other content on my home page is gone (i see the sidebar) everything else seems to be working fine.

I was wondering if it wasnt a permissions issue now that they've added the ability to hide widgets, but I dont see that being the case. I also dont see the new gear to show or hide widgets.

WHMCS_7.3.PNG

Hi

Yeah that is what i get too. Works on my dev site. Only difference is that dev site uses admin name for the folder and my main whmcs uses a custom admin name like you do.

Do this, go to Utilities -> Logs -> Activity Logs

are you getting an error like this

Smarty Error: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1267 Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' (SQL: select count(`tblorders`.`id`) as aggregate from `tblorders` inner join `tblorderstatuses` on `tblorders`.`status` = `tblorderstatuses`.`title` where `tblorderstatuses`.`showpending` = 1)

I'm able to access it and see everything in the dev install here. None of the "hidden" widgets stay hidden, but it all shows up. 

So I am looking at tblorders in the database. For the site that is having the issue the Collation shows as latin1_general_ci for the whmcs with no issue it is utf8_general_ci

Edited by wwesn

@wsen the error:

Smarty Error: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1267 Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' (SQL: select count(`tblorders`.`id`) as aggregate from `tblorders` inner join `tblorderstatuses` on `tblorders`.`status` = `tblorderstatuses`.`title` where `tblorderstatuses`.`showpending` = 1)

Indicates a collation mismatch between your tables that prevents mysql from executing the JOIN query logged. Which collation do you intend to use for your database going forward? Once you know which you want to use, this help article shows how to adjust your database to normalize the collations across your database:

http://help.whmcs.com/m/72132/l/797626

• Thanks 1

WHMCS gave me this query to run

ALTER TABLE tblorders CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

and no dice. Still blank

Actually my error in logs was not the latin one:

latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT

It was:

Smarty Error: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' (SQL: select count(tblorders.id) as aggregate from tblordersinner join tblorderstatuses on tblorders.status = tblorderstatuses.title where tblorderstatuses.showpending = 1)

So the above query is supposedly the solution.

I have this exact same problem. When  running the auto update it hung with this message:

"Update Failed

An error occurred that prevented the update from completing successfully.
Database update completed successfully but was unable to remove the install directory post completion

Please try again and if the issue persists, please contact support."

The error in the activity log is the same as above:

"Smarty Error: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' (SQL: select count(`tblorders`.`id`) as aggregate from `tblorders` inner join `tblorderstatuses` on `tblorders`.`status` = `tblorderstatuses`.`title` where `tblorderstatuses`.`showpending` = 1)"

I don't know what,

21 hours ago, WHMCS Nate said:

Which collation do you intend to use for your database going forward?

means..... :)

I will also Google for a fix. Sigh. More time wasted on computers. Don't ya just hate them?!

Appreciate any help

John

20 minutes ago, johnnybgoodwin said:

means..... :)

I will also Google for a fix. Sigh. More time wasted on computers. Don't ya just hate them?!

Let me save you a bit of googling, this is the best answer I've found:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/766809/whats-the-difference-between-utf8-general-ci-and-utf8-unicode-ci

when in doubt utf8_unicode_ci is the best thing to move to unless you're using mysql >5.5.3 in which case utf8mb4_unicode_ci is better. For some people that need to use different options (they typically know who they are) they will need to decide what to move too. Once you know that our article will help you make the change:

http://help.whmcs.com/m/72132/l/797626

• Thanks 1