Can I change back to version 6 after going to 7?

I can't find the specific post by one of the WHMCS guys, but my recollection is that you can't downgrade from v7 to v6 - the best you can do is re-install v6 and restore your last v6 database backup... but you'd then have manually add any orders etc since that last backup.

depending on the severity of your v7 custom theme bugs, it might be quicker to fix the bugs rather than go through the hassle of downgrading.

I have in the past seen a post on this forum from WHMCS stating that there's no way to go back a version and that they don't support doing so.

I would recommend activating the Six theme temporarily. Then install WHMCS V6 as a dev install to fix your theme.

• 3 weeks later...

As mentioned by ChrisD, and others, you cannot simply 'go back'. It's a rather complicated process, and you'll lose any progress you've made (ie: new orders, support tickets, client signups, affiliate info, etc) since you upgraded to v7.

To roll back, you need to

A> remove the entire WHMCS directory

B> re-load the backup you made before upgrading to the whmcs directory

C> re-upload your MySQL database through phpmyadmin

This will revert everything back to precisely how it was when you switched to v7.

I strongly recommend not doing this, and fixing the problems you're seeing. If you can be more specific, then, well, we might be able to help you out, or WHMCS support might, one of the two.

I'd recommend this:

Get a developer license for WHMCS (they're free).

Install a dev version of your website on dev.yourdomain.com (should be a copy of your website and the database)

Upgrade the dev website to WHMCS 7 and fix any issues with templates/addons before moving templates/addons to your production website and then upgrade.