Regarding New Pricing Model.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I know, thanks. I was asking specifically if that is going to follow the same model as the monthly licenses, and change pricing based on number of active clients. It wasn't about the currently listed price(s) or terms, it was about the future pricing for owned license renewals.

For existing owned license users, nothing will change, you'll continue to have the same level of access you do and be able to renew your Support & Upgrades service when they expire

Since nothing will change, can owned licenses are still allow to transfer it?

• WHMCS CEO
At or near the existing rates, or tiered based on clients?

I can confirm there are no plans to introducing tiered pricing or change the cost of renewals for Support and Updates at this time.

Since nothing will change, can owned licenses are still allow to transfer it?

Yes owned licenses can still be transferred as before.

Matt

I always said that WHMCS should have been charging more for its software, so this price hike kind of makes sense. However, I also think it shouldn't be a one-way change. We are going to pay more, it would be great to also receive a bit more. Better service, better support.

An official Redsys payment gateway, used by 100% of the banks in Spain, would be a great addition to the software. Hint, hint!

Hi Matt, long time since we "spoke".

I can confirm there are no plans to introducing tiered pricing or change the cost of renewals for Support and Updates at this time.

It's the "at this time" that continues to worry me. I know you can't predict where things will lead over time, but that leaves the door open to changes. It will have to do. ;)

We do not receive "affiliate income" from the majority of the 80+ payment gateways that we support out of the box in WHMCS. But as we announced in the Stripe feature request a few weeks ago, work is underway on Stripe integration and we expect it to be available in WHMCS 7.1.

Well I can't think of any other reason why for FIVE years you'd pass over Stripe, one of the most popular payment processors in the US and long ago integrated into pretty much every shopping cart out there, while merrily promoting your own affiliate income based solutions here: http://www.whmcs.com/partners/

I don't know where the Stripe "feature request" is now, the embarrassment that was the feature request system seems to be nowhere to be found these days, but it's good hear that after claiming to be "working on it" for years, you now have actually started working on it. But of course there's no guarantee of when 7.1 might be available, whether Stripe will definitely be it or what might happen to tokenized client data already used with the existing ServerPing Stripe mod, so while it's a bit less vague than previously it's still not much help for planning purposes :(

OK, found the feature request thing: https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/stripe-payment-gateway-module That "announcement" from a month ago has about as much substance as the prior offerings, we're working on it, it's in progress, it's a bit difficult, sheesh. You guys are supposed to be software developers, if you actually wanted to it could be written, tested and released by the end of the week. But all we get is more foot dragging.

I had a lot of non-hosting customers that do not represent recurring income. I asked WHMCS if they would be counted towards the new pricing tiers and send my monthly cost up by almost 300%. They said, "An active client is defined as one with at least one active or suspended product, service, add-on or domain."

Sorry, not going to accept a 300% increase.

Step 1: Remove the customers who pushed me past the limit. I'll find an alternate way to handle those sales. (DONE)

Step 2: It will be inconvenient to maintain two systems, so what do you think step 2 will be?

I had a lot of non-hosting customers that do not represent recurring income.

These will not actually count towards your 'active' customers list. Or they shouldn't.

I'm in the same boat here. Most of my work is one off work, done for clients who contact me, I create an invoice for, and then work is done.

This is not an 'active' client, and WHMCS (rightly) doesn't see it as such.

Now, clients that order products with addons (such as licensed products with yearly charges), that's different altogether, those are active clients.

To figure out which is active, which is not, as they mentioned in their blog, you can go to admin -> clients -> view / search clients -> filter the clients for just the active clients.

- - - Updated - - -

While we are on the subject of price increase, why has the addon for Support and Updates gone up from $44.95 USD to $99.95 USD per year for owned licenses, over a 100% increase doesn't make sense!! :mad:

This was done a couple of years back, for supposedly the same reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

We understand that not every business has subscription based pricing models. However, it remains true that as your business grows, so too does the scalability, service and support you need. The tiered pricing structure is designed to reflect the value WHMCS is providing to your business as a whole.

Matt

As I have said, I don't mind the price increase, the rational being used for the price increase is completely ridiculous though.

I bet you would be absolutely fine with every one of your suppliers putting up your prices by 200% to reflect the value they are providing WHMCS business as a whole as you 'scale'? right? no I did not think so.

"I would like to buy a 2016 macbook pro please" said matt at the apple store.

"Oh your matt from WHMCS, well because of the amount of use and money you can make with this compared to the last customer that bought one the price is 200% more" said the apple store guy.

This is a fair point and also the situation for us.

But with that said the maximum price of $39.95/mo is still very good value for the benefits that WHMCS provides to all of our businesses.

The extra income they generate from this I hope will go to quicker support and the release of more updates.

EDIT: Does anyone know if this client count is simple the number of profiles under clients or is it the number or clients with at least 1 paid invoice, or active clients with at least 1 active recurring product?

Hi Zomex,

The client count is based upon the number of active clients. An active client is defined as one with at least one active or suspended product, service, add-on or domain.

So a client that is suspended (has no service) but is not terminated will count as an active.

That means we need to terminate any client/product so it wont count and lost the record in case that client wants to reactivate service in near future.

That means we need to terminate any client/product so it wont count and lost the record in case that client wants to reactivate service in near future.
No, you need to mark them as inactive if they don't have active service. Not closed or deleted, just inactive (as I understand it).

"you need to mark them as inactive if they don't have active service". Suspended is "inactive".

I understand that WHMCS will automatically count the number of clients with Active or Suspended services, it will ignore client status setting

The client count is based upon the number of active clients. An active client is defined as one with at least one active or suspended product, service, add-on or domain.