V5 Release Discussion

Matt

I am assuming that after the upgrade our invoices should be the new version like the ones we get from WHMCS? If this is the case ours are not, and they still look like the old version, is this a know issue here?

Resolved by Damo (see below) :-)

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the reply. I am assuming then that the template for a Tablet is the "Simple" template? I was looking for something which was obvious like "Tablet" template. This said, am I correct here?

Also @WHMCS it would be great to auto detect the device and apply the correct template i.e. if the admin area detects an iPad apply the appropriate template because we will quite often access from our desktops and iPads, thanks.

There isn't any tablet template. There is an ipad app if you would like to get something specific to an ipad

Thanks for the reply. You think if WHMCS said there is a "Tablet Admin Theme" at this link http://www.whmcs.com/features/ then there would be one. There is not an iPad App there is an iPhone app, many thanks.

I apologize, I stand corrected. I wonder which theme it is. Blend?

Imo iPad apps are just stretched versions of iPhone as the iPad itself is a big phone. I use a Xoom and a Nexus one. Whmcs android app takes advantage of the larger screen size on the xoom.

I apologize, I stand corrected. I wonder which theme it is. Blend?

Imo iPad apps are just stretched versions of iPhone as the iPad itself is a big phone. I use a Xoom and a Nexus one. Whmcs android app takes advantage of the larger screen size on the xoom.

Thanks for the reply. It could be "Blend" as they both seem to work fine, however, Blend still seems a little squeezed on the iPad but I would think this is the best middle ground for both devices. I guess the link from WHMCS gave me the impression there was an iPad template, but I can live with Blend, thanks 8)

We really need to be able to choose the client type when it is a client related email because we add our leads into WHMCS as well and we don't want them getting welcome emails from us as we have entered them in ourselves and this would be very confusing to our leads, so could we also filter on "Client Group" as well, which should be fairly easy to add into a maintenance release :-)

Since upgrading we are experiencing some issues with support tickets no sent to the assigned support departments.

We use the POP3 connector and can see in the Ticket Mail Import log the message was imported successfully and a response sent back to the client. However there is no mail sent to any of the Assigned Admin users. There logs in mail.log from postfix also confirm this.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Since upgrading we are experiencing some issues with support tickets no sent to the assigned support departments.

We use the POP3 connector and can see in the Ticket Mail Import log the message was imported successfully and a response sent back to the client. However there is no mail sent to any of the Assigned Admin users. There logs in mail.log from postfix also confirm this.

There is a patch for this here: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=43291

Actually, you would be wrong. IE9 has the highest web standards compatibility in CSS3 and HTML5. The reason why rounded boarders is not working is because someone decided to add browser specific tags for the rounded boarder codes. i.e -moz-, -webkit-, -o-.

First off, he said sub v9. Meaning IE 8 and older.

Secondly, IE9 is far from the "highest web standards compatibility in CSS3 and HTML5". Gecko and KHTML-based browsers had equal support before IE9 come out, and have since surpassed it.

I upgraded and all is well except, how to manage the language changes ?

I mean - the new language file is in php - the old was in txt.

Going through each sentence to compare the differences is gonna take a very long time !

And comparing the files with diffmerge doesn't work...

Suggestions?

I upgraded and all is well except, how to manage the language changes ?

I mean - the new language file is in php - the old was in txt.

Going through each sentence to compare the differences is gonna take a very long time !

And comparing the files with diffmerge doesn't work...

Suggestions?

I used diffork (Mac product) to compare. It's very easy to do. Just do a global replace for the " and ' as that changed between txt and php files.

Anyone know if you can disable the website domain checker? We don't offer domain registration but would still like to take advantage of the new theme, anyone have any ideas?

I would like to know how this is done as well since we are not a domain registration company

Originally Posted by epaslv

Wow, I asked this last week in this thread and was told it was my error, after I have spent several hours trying to figure out the problem :(

I am also having a problem with PayPal subscriptions... the single payments work fine, they set the account up no problem but when a client chooses the subscription, accounts do not get set up, same thing with older subscriptions, each morning I must enter the payment details by hand

I see there has been several mentions about text variables not included in the language files. I just downloaded v5 and upgraded one of my WHMCS installations, but they seem to be missing still. Now, should we start replacing the text manually in the PHP files, or should we expect an update soon?

I don't mean to be harsh, but I really can't understand how these variables were missed during the beta testing? They should be extremely easy to spot.

I've just fooled around for about 10 minutes, but I found these so far:

clientarea.php?action=domains

- Auto Renew

..also, the table with existing domain names should be moved further down, as the filter form appears on top of it.

clientarea.php

- Request a Password Reset

- You have x Overdue invoice(s)

knowledgebase.php

- Search (button)

- Search (breadcrumb)

domainchecker.php

- Search Multiple TLDs

cart.php

- Password Strength

- Weak / Moderate / Strong

I've used the filenames displayed in the browser address field, but the actual files may be includes (i.e. I guess "Request a Password Reset" would be a login page somewhere).

Looks like we've got a bit of an email marketer theme to todays posts, so here goes:

Matt

Hi Matt - I have 2 questions regarding the email marketer (which is a welcome addition).

1) Let's say I set up a 30 day follow up email and select all products in the Product/Service/Addon select box.

If the client has multiple products, will they receive multiple emails? I don't want that happening. I just want the client to only ever receive 1 email, irrespective of how many products / services they have.

2) Also, how about support ticket follow ups e.g. X days after ticket closes - "Please rate our response". How to achieve that? Can it be added to the feature list? (I also found this old thread on this subject: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=7128 and here: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=18411)

Thanks

Sol

Edited by sol2010

Hello,

We have custom admin folder names running ok in our test environment here and for beta users. Have you installed any customisations? Also worth trying a full reupload of the files if you haven't already, as well as clearing both templates and local cache.

PayPal Express requires the client to click the PayPal Checkout logo instead of the normal checkout button. That's because for Express CheckOut, they have to do it through PayPal. Otherwise it should just default to using the regular PayPal payment process. You must therefore have both PayPal Express and the PayPal standard modules enabled.

Possibly this has been brought up somewhere in the past week or so, but I'd also like to note an issue here. I like the PayPal Express Checkout option, but I've currently disabled it because enabling it results both in the PayPal-provided logo appearing (which is good) and "PayPal Express Checkout" appearing as a radio button option alongside 'normal' PayPal (which is bad). The latter is particularly bad because, when you click on 'Express Checkout' to pay, it gives you an error, as the previous poster here mentioned.

I tried unticking "Show on Order Form" to see if that'd remove the radio buttons but leave the icon on the signup form, but that didn't happen. Is it possible to have this module only display the icon, and not any other reference - or alternatively to merge it into the default PayPal module, whereby clicking the radio button would just send you through the normal PayPal (or PayPal Subscribe) process? Having a "PayPal Express" option that doesn't work is unfortunately a bit confusing here.

Thanks!

I resolved this by clearing browser cache and deleting all files in /templates_c

This does not work for everyone though. I installed 3 times before I got it to work, then it lasted an hour working before going back to the loading issue again. Then clearing the cache and the folder did nothing at all for me at that point. I am back to using the older version until this is completely resolved

Hello,

has anyone found out how to localise the new feeds in v5.02 (formerly called widgets in the older versions) yet? I had started integrating information out of WHMCS such as product names, descriptions and pricing in real-time, using javascript, onto the static pages of my multilingual site using v4.52 and could make the localisation in the files in /widgets/domainpricing, /widgets/productpricing to show prices, for example, as €1.89 in the english site and €1,89 in the german site.

Now I have upgraded to v5.02, only to find that these files have been moved to the new /feeds/ directory and have all been encoded with ionCube, so there is no way to show users of the german site prices in the way they expected to see them.