V5 Release Discussion

Matt

I paid for the upgrade and now NONE of my support emails are working. I asked for support on this yesterday through the ticket I originally used to pay for the upgrade, and have received no response.

My license is ***********

basically, my entire support system is down thanks to your "upgrade" that I paid for, please get someone on this matter immediately!

I've had absolutely no issues with this upgrade. Personally, I'd look and make sure that everything is configured properly. If that is the case, then I'd take your backup of the database you made before upgrading and then do a reinstall of WHMCS. Then restore the database.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had absolutely no issues with this upgrade. Personally, I'd look and make sure that everything is configured properly. If that is the case, then I'd take your backup of the database you made before upgrading and then do a reinstall of WHMCS. Then restore the database.

I paid WHMCS to upgrade it, I'm not touching it until they fix whatever problem they caused.

I paid WHMCS to upgrade it, I'm not touching it until they fix whatever problem they caused.

Wow, with an attitude like that, I'd probably make you wait a bit longer for a resolution.

You posted your licence on a public forum too? :roll:

Bottom line:

the majority of users have upgraded and issues already found have been fixed.

Any issues I had that were 'bugs' were addressed in the forum thread with bug fixes.

Any other issues I had were due to third party mods and my own stupidity.

When you approach a company for an upgrade they can only do so in the standard way, not taking into account any mods you might have or changes that are unique to your environment.

If you approach things in a different way, ie, support ticket.......

and with the knowledge that others have no issues, it kinda makes sense to go with cap in hand and ask, HELP, something's not right with my system.

To come on with your attitude, results in 2 things:

1) a total loss of credibility among the community here

2) you alienate yourself from the people who are your partners in your business (WHMCS)

Just my twopence worth.

WHMCS and Matt are your friends. (Treat them that way). :mad:

I paid for the upgrade and now NONE of my support emails are working. I asked for support on this yesterday through the ticket I originally used to pay for the upgrade, and have received no response.

My license is Owned-7e01f28c7bf20611e758

basically, my entire support system is down thanks to your "upgrade" that I paid for, please get someone on this matter immediately!

Don't like your attitude, but does this help?

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?p=207923#post207923

Wow, with an attitude like that, I'd probably make you wait a bit longer for a resolution.

Don't like your attitude, but ...

I take it both of you like it when you pay for a professional service and the job is done poorly.

Or perhaps your WHMCS is a "hobby" . Minne isn't, it's a business and hundreds of people were inconvenienced by this mistake.

My attitude is 100% justified, WHMCS should have sent a test email to the ticket system before considering the job done.

The only reason I posted here is because my tickets were being ignored, and I guessed this would be a good place to get someone's attention. Apparently upgrade tickets are given lower priority than other tickets, which is understandable... but like I said, the issue should never have happened in the first place. I hope this can be a learning experience for the people who handle critical issues in the future. TEST the system before you walk away from someone else's business that you were trusted to handle.

To the credit of the staff here, the issue is now resolved and they apologized for the mistake. My support system is working again, I have no reason to remain subscribed to this thread, and you can all stop worrying about my credibility now.

:)

Where did the IP Manager and the IP Monitor go in v5? These were two extremely useful addons that I can't find. I managed to see an IP Manager AddOn but the download link is dead.

It looks like you can simply copy the old "admin" modules into v5 :)

I copied 4 modules that I had working in v4.5.2 and put them into the modules/admin folder of v5 and they seem to be working. Fingers crossed :)

Unfortunately not easy enough :) Both us and our test users all missed them but we are addressing it, and will be releasing V5.0.3 probably next week which we hope we'll have caught them all in.

Ok, I had to start translating the tpl files myself. It just looks plain stupid to have Norwegian and English text mixed together on the site. At one point I started making notes of what changes I had to do, so I send you a list to make sure you catch them. There is probably plenty more, I have just changed the ones appearing on some of the pages I have stumbled upon during testing.

knowledgebase.tpl

Line 8: Search

knowledgebasecat.tpl

Line 12: Search

clientareadomaindetails.tpl

Line 58: Back To Domains List

Line 67: Every

Line 67: Renew now

Line 150: {$LANG.domainnameserver5} (seems to be missing from language file)

Line 177: Registrar Lock Status:

Line 184: Disable Registrar Lock

Line 185: Enable Registrar Lock

Line 202: Lock your domain to prevent it from being transferred away without your authorization.

domainchecker.tpl

Line 16: Search Multiple TLDs

login.tpl

Line 40: Request a Password Reset

viewticket.tpl

Line 56: Reply

Line 56: Close Ticket

Line 162: Reply

Line 162: Close Ticket

Also, is it not possible to make State an option? And if not, do you have a list of all the places it has been used so I can remove it? I have removed it manually from eight files this far, but there is even more, and I can't seem to find which tpl they're in. Also, there is no asterisk besides the states field showing the customer it is a required field, even though it clearly is. This error has been present at least since version 4.

Just a friendly piece of advice: if you really need to hard code the English text in the .tpl files during development, why not put in something to make it easier to find and fix before releasing a new version. I am a developer myself, and if I "have to" hard code any text while I test something out, I always put three underscores in front of the text. Then, when I make a search in all of the folders afterwards, I will find them all. At the same time, it is unlikely that three underscores should be used for something else, so I won't get any "false positives". If one developer does it right the first time, some hundred customers won't have to manually search all the tpl's for any forgotten phrases afterwards. (And in the end, the developer has to do the work anyway). Just my opinion, anyway. ;)

• WHMCS CEO
Suggestion:

Clicking "Order Hosting Only" from the index.php page without entering a domain redirects user to domainchecker.php. Redirecting to cart.php makes better sense 8)

This could lead to confuse first-time user.

Thanks for your feedback. You weren't the only one to suggest this and so today's V5.0.3 bug fix roll up update does contain a change that does this.

Hi Matt - I have 2 questions regarding the email marketer (which is a welcome addition).

1) Let's say I set up a 30 day follow up email and select all products in the Product/Service/Addon select box.

If the client has multiple products, will they receive multiple emails? I don't want that happening. I just want the client to only ever receive 1 email, irrespective of how many products / services they have.

Yes a client will receive an email for each product that matches a given rule. Maybe you could setup the rule based on the client signup date and criteria, rather than product, if you want it to be sent per client as opposed to per product.

2) Also, how about support ticket follow ups e.g. X days after ticket closes - "Please rate our response". How to achieve that? Can it be added to the feature list? (I also found this old thread on this subject: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=7128 and here: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=18411)

Could you not just include this in the email template "Support Ticket Auto Close Notification" (in Setup > Email Templates)

Also, anyone know what php module I might be missing since income overview is missing its image? Not sure all the modules required for WHMCS, seeing as we don't use cPanel we don't have the same pre-installed ones.

This could be that the GD image library is missing from the PHP build. But if that's present, then it can also be caused by whitespace or any other output where it shouldn't be in custom hook files, or even the configuration.php file if that has been edited.

Possibly this has been brought up somewhere in the past week or so, but I'd also like to note an issue here. I like the PayPal Express Checkout option, but I've currently disabled it because enabling it results both in the PayPal-provided logo appearing (which is good) and "PayPal Express Checkout" appearing as a radio button option alongside 'normal' PayPal (which is bad). The latter is particularly bad because, when you click on 'Express Checkout' to pay, it gives you an error, as the previous poster here mentioned.

The user shouldn't get an error when checking out with PayPal Express selected in the normal way, they should get taken through the regular PayPal payment process as if the PayPal option had been selected, but the benefit to the user of Express Checkout is purely the fact that the order form is then pre-filled with their details, so they do need to use the PayPal Logo/Checkout button to get any benefits really.

How do we remove 'Starting From' from the shopping cart? From my perspective it's not really applicable for many products, buries the price and wastes space.

This is something that will only show up for products with Configurable Options, but if you want to, it can of course be removed via the template files (products.tpl in your active cart template folder).

Just upgraded, cleaned out cache and template folder and set the default admin to v4 which we use.

The dropdown menu has NO items in them, so we switched to blend and everything is in the middle of the page.

This is a cache issue you're experiencing, well either that or some files haven't fully overwritten during the upload, so I would suggest trying a full reupload and clearing your local browser cache once again.

Domain list doesnt sort by order in clientarea

This issue should be resolved in the latest V5.0.3 update.

It looks like you can simply copy the old "admin" modules into v5 :)

I copied 4 modules that I had working in v4.5.2 and put them into the modules/admin folder of v5 and they seem to be working. Fingers crossed :)

Yep absolutely, I can confirm that all "older" format addon modules are still compatable even with WHMCS V5.

Ok, I had to start translating the tpl files myself. It just looks plain stupid to have Norwegian and English text mixed together on the site. At one point I started making notes of what changes I had to do, so I send you a list to make sure you catch them

Thanks for providing the list, we hope we've caught them all in the V5.0.3 update, have double and triple checked this time, but I'm sure one will have slipped through the net somewhere so please do let us know if you find any more.

Matt

A couple of picky things I noticed:

1. when you add the "knowledge base suggestions" merge field to the Support Ticket Response email template, it adds an extra "$"

2. The support ticket overview widget shows ALL tickets, regardless of status. Can this be changed to only show tickets needing action?

3. The "My Flagged" button in the widget doesn't do anything. It should filter to show only my tickets.

Maintenance mode - "Tick to enable - prevents client area access when enabled" does not actually prevent client area access - I was able to browse clientarea, with that tick enabled in Admin AND while upgrading with the incremental upgrade to 5.0.3

make sure you are not loggin in to your clientarea and it will work

I have just upgraded to 5.0.3, looks like a good work at first glance. While starting reviewing front-end look, seeing in portal template in "My Domains", active domains are not green anymore. Reason is that in v4.5.x it was tr class clientareatableactive and now it is clientareatableActive. However in the legend area, it is still clientareatableactive which is used.

Also there is a new class clientareatableExpired instead/in addition of clientareatableterminated ?

Also clientareatablepending is now probably clientareatablePending ?

So either template CSS or, more probably the generation of the table needs to be fixed. Please let us know which one you want to fix in next release (html generation or template).

I take it both of you like it when you pay for a professional service and the job is done poorly.

Or perhaps your WHMCS is a "hobby" . Minne isn't, it's a business and hundreds of people were inconvenienced by this mistake.

My attitude is 100% justified, WHMCS should have sent a test email to the ticket system before considering the job done.

The only reason I posted here is because my tickets were being ignored, and I guessed this would be a good place to get someone's attention. Apparently upgrade tickets are given lower priority than other tickets, which is understandable... but like I said, the issue should never have happened in the first place. I hope this can be a learning experience for the people who handle critical issues in the future. TEST the system before you walk away from someone else's business that you were trusted to handle.

To the credit of the staff here, the issue is now resolved and they apologized for the mistake. My support system is working again, I have no reason to remain subscribed to this thread, and you can all stop worrying about my credibility now.

:)

Are you willing to 'enlighten' the community then as to exactly what the issue was that uniquely affected your business. ? or did you just come on to the forum to rant rather than contribute?

Nope, my hosting business is not a hobby - it's my 12 year old full time income and business. Your attitude is totally unjustified. PERIOD

Edited by Si

I have just upgraded to 5.0.3, looks like a good work at first glance. While starting reviewing front-end look, seeing in portal template in "My Domains", active domains are not green anymore. Reason is that in v4.5.x it was tr class clientareatableactive and now it is clientareatableActive. However in the legend area, it is still clientareatableactive which is used.

Also there is a new class clientareatableExpired instead/in addition of clientareatableterminated ?

Also clientareatablepending is now probably clientareatablePending ?

So either template CSS or, more probably the generation of the table needs to be fixed. Please let us know which one you want to fix in next release (html generation or template).

In the template folder of the template you are using, open the file clientareadomains.tpl and change the following:

<tr class="clientareatable{if $domain.status eq "expired"}terminated{else}{$domain.status}{/if}">

to

<tr class="clientareatable{if $domain.status|lower eq "expired"}terminated{else}{$domain.status|lower}{/if}">

The problem is that the CSS uses lowercase names and the tests above are case-sensitive. Forcing everything to lowercase in the above code fixes it.