V5 Release Discussion

Matt

A way of showing username/password (or at least username) on the services management (like cpanel)?

I only see cPanel login / webmail login buttons.

Never mind about the password, found the template code.

But about the zeros in the products, anyone have similar problems ?

(attached)

clientarea.jpg

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I just on the maintenance mode before upgrading the WHMCS latest version V5. But after successful up gradation I'm unable to get logged in admin area or any where. Getting Maintenance message :?.

Please guide me how can I access my admin area?

Thanks,

Shahid

The navigation goes off the screen and can not be accessed.

Where are the tickets that need to be answered? There used to be an area that said tickets waiting now you have to go into the support area to see what is in there, much better the old way.

• WHMCS CEO
@ matt, can we be a little more specific than :-

Just copying the image tag as used in domainchecker.tpl should work.

or can a page with this already be done added to the bug fixes part.... Dont mean to moan, V5 is great, really liking it, just little niggles that happen with all releases of something new, keep up the great work guys.

We have now posted a file update @ http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?p=206396#post206396 which will add the captcha to the homepage domain checker, and update some of the styling relating to domain checker pages.

Probably related to the fact that IE (sub-v9) is weak at supporting web standards. Using the "border-radius" CSS property doesn't work well (if at all) on IE versions earlier than 9.

Yep, exactly right. Remember we are using the Bootstrap CSS framework from twitter to ensure cross compatability and consistency amongst all current browsers: http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/

A way of showing username/password (or at least username) on the services management (like cpanel)?

I only see cPanel login / webmail login buttons.

These values have always been shown as part of the Login Details section, and still should be on the Change Password tab. The cPanel/WebMail auto login shortcuts will be on the main tab.

We have not upgraded yet -- but I just went to the DEMO site, and when doing a domain availability check, and after that changing the currency (between USD and GBP), what I see in Firefox, latest version, on a Mac OSX computer is this:

テつ」1.82 GBP

Regards,

Frank

This just means that someone has edited the currency prefix on the demo. You can edit and change it back to something more sensible in Setup > Currencies.

Hiya. Noticed that when we try to add an item to our cart (new default theme), the cart shows a blank page in IE6. Also noticed this occurs when trying to purchase items from the WHMCS.com site ..... We don't expect things to be pretty in IE6, but we can't have a blank page either .... any suggestions?

We're checking into this.

Matt

I'm a bit confused by the Email Marketer functionality for products/services. I think a bit more detail on how it works or even quick examples would help. I'm most confused by the "Days" filter; can a promo be setup that's not related to an order date (i.e. send an email immediately to everyone who does not have a particular product)?

Thanks!

Our support team will be monitoring this thread over the coming days so please post any general questions or queries you have relating to Version 5 here and that way, we can hopefully relieve some of the pressure on our support desk with the same questions being repeated.

Thanks!

Our support team will be monitoring this thread over the coming days so please post any general questions or queries you have relating to Version 5 here and that way, we can hopefully relieve some of the pressure on our support desk with the same questions being repeated.

Thanks!

Hello Matt,

This time you ppl have designed layout of WHMCS that fits perfectly on very high resolution monitors. My current screen resolution is 1152x864, but WHMCS admin home page does not fits perfectly in it and mostly sliders are showed inside widgets, plz tweak it in a way that it easily fits on low resolution also. Previous version Admin home page was so flexible that it even gets fit on my mobile screen that is just 4 inches, but this new version not even gets fit on my LCD monitor.

Hello Matt,

This time you ppl have designed layout of WHMCS that fits perfectly on very high resolution monitors. My current screen resolution is 1152x864, but WHMCS admin home page does not fits perfectly in it and mostly sliders are showed inside widgets, plz tweak it in a way that it easily fits on low resolution also. Previous version Admin home page was so flexible that it even gets fit on my mobile screen that is just 4 inches, but this new version not even gets fit on my LCD monitor.

For the time being, you can adjust which Admin Theme is displayed by accessing your account in the Admin CP and selecting a different administrator template for your user.

We have the Add Funds feature checked in the General Settings, but I don't see the link to add funds anywhere in the customer side of the portal. We did have this feature enabled previously.

Is it just me .. or can someone point out where its located

Thanks!

with my experience,it seems it only show on right of clientarea.php page.

• WHMCS CEO

Looks like we've got a bit of an email marketer theme to todays posts, so here goes:

I'm a bit confused by the Email Marketer functionality for products/services. I think a bit more detail on how it works or even quick examples would help. I'm most confused by the "Days" filter; can a promo be setup that's not related to an order date (i.e. send an email immediately to everyone who does not have a particular product)?

Thanks!

You can use the Mass Mail tool for sending immediate emails (Clients > Mass Mail). The email marketer is designed for ongoing automated emails, every time specific criteria are met. Here's a few examples of the types of things you could do:

• Send an email to clients 5 days after signup if their product is still pending - ie. abandoned checkout process
  • Check how things are going with active clients 30 days after signup to make sure everything is going ok and provide a point of contact
  • 90 days after signup, send an email to all clients who buy product X but haven't bought related products Y, or addon Z
  • Follow up with a client 30 days after their last next due date (ie. they haven't renewed) offering them a return offer or promotion

Hopefully that gives you some ideas :)

Just a quick question for Matt, or anyone that has used the Email Marketer module yet; do the emails sent contain an opt-out link to allow the client to stop receiving future marketing mails?

Not yet. But we've received a few requests for this since the release a week ago so pretty sure that'll be something we're looking at soon.

Regarding the email marketer, can we get an option to market to Domain Registration clients as well.

Yep sure, don't see any reason why not. Will add it to our dev tracker.

how do we change the client area news?

The latest news on the client area homepage shows a 100 char summary of the latest announcement published in WHMCS (Support > Announcements) with a link through to view the full announcement.

This time you ppl have designed layout of WHMCS that fits perfectly on very high resolution monitors. My current screen resolution is 1152x864, but WHMCS admin home page does not fits perfectly in it and mostly sliders are showed inside widgets

This depends on the admin template you are using. For best results, the admin "V4" template is designed for a minimum resolution width of 1280, while "Blend" is 1150 (works for tablets like iPad), and the "Original" theme 1024.

With the widgets, only the graph images have a fixed width and will force scrolling if the width isn't there, everything else should auto expand/contract to fit whatever size you make the window.

We have the Add Funds feature checked in the General Settings, but I don't see the link to add funds anywhere in the customer side of the portal. We did have this feature enabled previously.

This link should be displaying in the "Account" menu along with things like Profile, Manage Credit Card, etc... That's the one top right of the menu bar, where it says "Hello, Name!" when someone is logged in.

Matt

This link should be displaying in the "Account" menu along with things like Profile, Manage Credit Card, etc... That's the one top right of the menu bar, where it says "Hello, Name!" when someone is logged in.

Matt

DOH! Homer moment .. .can't believe I didn't see that, but then again, neither did our customers (plural) asking about that feature

thanks!

hello

we are facing issue

on admin area if we search for expired domain using any search tools like the search box on the right top

it show that the domain is expired

if we click on the domain we get blank page

also if any customer has some domains on his account and we want

go to Clients Profile > domains if 1st domain is expired we get blank page and cant access to clients domain from admin area

I have problems now with payment gateways.

I have a custom payment gateway and it is not working anymore and also 2co has some issues and debug data is not recorded anymore.

Any one having the same issue?

Yes we are having paypal and mail payment in problems. No matter what settings we use it take the customer to a blank page and sits there. Have not had a chance to test the cc method.

Plus we can not get the cPanel mod to work yet either.

One other thing I noticed that is not working. Under the help tab, support request, the form displays but when using to submit a support request, it does not work. I waited for 30 min for a email and kept checking our account via the WHMCS site looking for a ticket to open up, but never did. I had to open a ticket up via the site.