V5 Release Discussion

Matt

Now I know everyone wants to see their own needs & features implemented. I mean we just had some guy this morning complaining that a feature they first requested on 23rd November wasn't implemented in v5 (1 day before the final release) :) But we can't implement everything, we have to prioritise. Bit unfair to say you don't see anything new though just because it's maybe not what you wanted? There's lots of things in 5 that the majority of our users should benefit from and find improve their productivity, as well as what they can do, along with all the usual tweaks and optimisations each new update brings. You need to check out the PDF really for a comprehensive list but some key ones are listed @ http://www.whmcs.com/whats-new/

Matt

I know it’s allot of new things in WHMCS, and don’t get me wrong. I love it. The only thing I have something negative to say about is the admin design and that we can’t remove the system information widget. So you guys have a 14 page PDF showing all the new stuff, and I can only find two things to complain about.

But the core of WHMCS like the support needs to be completely redone. People shouldn’t need to use a half working plugin for Kayako.

Or use a plugin for a internal knowledgebase.

It’s this very basic stuff I'm missing improvements in, and I hope you can consider improving this before a v.6 version.

Or create a plugin from WHMCS, that is supported and updated from your end. I have no problems paying for this, and I don’t think other users have problems paying for this either.

Have basic integrated solutions in WHMCS, and use extra addons with similar licensing for all the extra good stuff :)

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our support team will be monitoring this thread over the coming days so please post any general questions or queries you have relating to Version 5 here and that way, we can hopefully relieve some of the pressure on our support desk with the same questions being repeated.

Thanks!

To be very frank, I did NOT liked the HOMEPAGE of this new version, old version homepage was much better. Rest all things are nice and improved.

New home page in latest version seems to be jumbled up, each thing fit up in small boxes hurting eyes :(

We are not having emails generated to administrators when clients open new support tickets. Emails do go out as intended to the client, but a new ticket or ticket response email is not being sent to the admin.

We have not changed any settings for this since upgrading.

Other system emails to admins do generate, such as new orders notification, etc.

• WHMCS CEO
I get same problem? Anyone have a fix to this?

Please check #5 @ http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=43291

I know it’s allot of new things in WHMCS, and don’t get me wrong. I love it. The only thing I have something negative to say about is the admin design and that we can’t remove the system information widget. So you guys have a 14 page PDF showing all the new stuff, and I can only find two things to complain about.

Glad to hear it. The admin design isn't something new to version 5 though. The admin templates remain the same as in previous releases, just with some improvements.

But the core of WHMCS like the support needs to be completely redone...

Or use a plugin for a internal knowledgebase.

What features specifically are you missing from the support system? There were a number of additions to the support tools of WHMCS in V5, and the support ticket system in WHMCS is these days a very robust and well featured solution. But if you have some specific requests, please submit them to our request forums for consideration.

For an internal staff KB type of thing, may I suggest MediaWiki, it is a great solution for having a private staff only information sharing & collaboration platform.

When you release a patch, is the original download updated?

Hopefully the answer is yes, but thought ought to check.

Yes, I can confirm they are. There is a note in each patch posted confirming whether it is included or not, and from what time: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=43291

William, I can tell you now they will need more than that to help you. Which gateway module are you having trouble with? What error messages have you seen?

Yes exactly, please always include steps to reproduce any issues you experience, like where you get a problem and how, and as much specific detail as you can.

New home page in latest version seems to be jumbled up, each thing fit up in small boxes hurting eyes :(

The new homepage is compromised of what we call "widgets", so there will be some boxes, but things should be less jumbled as a result. And remember you can drag'&'drop to move and arrange those boxes as you wish - don't have to stick to the default order. The benefits of this change mean you can now more easily control what each of your staff is allowed to see on the admin dashboard, and developers can easily add to and extend what is on the home screen, including us ourselves in future releases.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

Sorry missed that one. Firstly it is not a cron so make sure it's only setup as an email piping forwarder command. And then the actual error indicates there was no recipient supplied for the email, advice for this would depend on the exact email in question so need to know the subject.

Same problem as Strother -- no emails sent to admin when client opens or updates a ticket

Have tested this here just now to confirm and it seems to be operating normally in test conditions. Please first check and ensure there's no custom code or hooks interfering, otherwise will need to open a ticket.

This thread seems to be turning into more of a second support ticket system for people rather than discussion about V5. Let's try and keep this more to questions and enquiries, vs problems.

Matt

I have to say that generally speaking the latest version gets a thumbs up from me - but then again you need to realise (this is directed at people who have turned this thread into a support question and answer) that if you have made modifications and changed bits and pieces to suit what you would like, then that can be where problems arise (apart from Matt and his team releasing the 6 or 7 quick fixes since then)

For me this is how I did the upgrade -

1. I backed up all the original files as they were currently on the server

2. I cleared my browser cache as instructed in the help files

3. I uploaded the COMPLETE package just as it was released - I made no instant mods, changed any files, or just copied what I thought would be okay. The only thing I did is obviously make sure the admin folder had been renamed

4. I cleared (deleted) the the temporary cache files of templates_c from the server - you cannot clear these by refreshing your browser - just delete them from the server!

5. Logged into client area and run the upgrade

Everything worked!

Obviously now I need to edit and put the system back to how I had it modded, but on the whole not a bad upgrade at all

My only query is on the ordering templates under Default, not only is the image missing in the client area, but you get weird characters showing up when viewing the page as a customer. Is there a reason for this?

Now where's my discount???? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well all that i have noticed is under setup Products/Services doesnt work just gives a # as in no page, support does the same, aswell as other, and payments..... the main ones you need are not working for me, looked in the download i did and none of the pages were even listed in there....

Well all that i have noticed is under setup Products/Services doesnt work just gives a # as in no page, support does the same, aswell as other, and payments..... the main ones you need are not working for me, looked in the download i did and none of the pages were even listed in there....

If you have downloaded the software from your client area (as I have done) then re-check that you have uploaded ALL the files as they should be. If this is a new install and not an upgrade then obviously I cannot comment as I had these bits already set up previously.

Having said that however most quirks like this are normally due to not all the files being uploaded correctly, or a corrupted download from the server. Try re-downloading the software again, and make sure all the files and folders are correctly uploaded to your servers

Our support team will be monitoring this thread over the coming days so please post any general questions or queries you have relating to Version 5 here and that way, we can hopefully relieve some of the pressure on our support desk with the same questions being repeated.

Thanks!

plz fix this design issue -

my screen resolution is 1152x864

clientprofile.gif

If you have downloaded the software from your client area (as I have done) then re-check that you have uploaded ALL the files as they should be. If this is a new install and not an upgrade then obviously I cannot comment as I had these bits already set up previously.

Having said that however most quirks like this are normally due to not all the files being uploaded correctly, or a corrupted download from the server. Try re-downloading the software again, and make sure all the files and folders are correctly uploaded to your servers

This was a complete upgrade, no changes ect, all i did was what the upgrade site told me to do, but after i did that then i ran into the troubles..

Matt, congratulations

I have two small things:

1) maybe it's been said, but I have seen a hardcoded "You have" string in client area (You have 2 outstanding invoices ....); you should add a {$LANG.youhave} variable for it;

2) if I send the translated Romanain language translation (GPL license), can it be added to the "official" WHMCS distribution ?

Hi Matt, I can create a bundle and it shows in the product ordering but when I click to order nothing happens. I have searched the docs etc and would assume when you click the bundle shown in products is would order all products in that bundle? Thanks Matt, great work really. We have been using WHMCS for almost 2 years and it is awesome :-)

Please check #5 @ http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=43291

Glad to hear it. The admin design isn't something new to version 5 though. The admin templates remain the same as in previous releases, just with some improvements.

What features specifically are you missing from the support system? There were a number of additions to the support tools of WHMCS in V5, and the support ticket system in WHMCS is these days a very robust and well featured solution. But if you have some specific requests, please submit them to our request forums for consideration.

For an internal staff KB type of thing, may I suggest MediaWiki, it is a great solution for having a private staff only information sharing & collaboration platform.

Matt

Thanks for the reply. We already use MediaWiki, but would rather have the wiki inside WHMCS.

To day, we have different loginsystems for:

- Wiki

- WHMCS

- Exchange (Active Directory)

- cPanel

- MODx

- LiveZilla

- Password manager software

The first three could be fixed within WHMCS :)

Regarding my suggestions for the support, i created a different thread because it is allot of request... http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?p=205924

Please everyone, clear your browser temporary cache and/or do a hard refresh when you upgrade. We're getting endless repeats of "everything looks messed up in the admin area after upgrading" due to people not doing this.

@raggy786: The above applies to you :)

@gmd8: Looks like you haven't updated your admin template.

Matt

Sorry but I have the issue with many things staying on loading & it is not a clearing the cache problem. I have cleared, restarted the browser & then again with a reboot of the computer to no avail