V5 Release Discussion

Matt

Did I miss something, the "drop-downs" don't have a blue shade background from the video, I personally dis-like the drop down from this version compared to past ones (sorry Matt!).

Personally and to no offense to the team at WHMCS, I hate V5 already.

No it's even easier than that. It's the same as every upgrade that's gone before. ie. whichever template you based your custom one on initially, you would copy the updates for the new version from that. So for example if you built your custom integration using the portal template as a base, then you would apply the changes from the "portal" template in V5 to your custom one. That way no restyling work is required.

With the client area templates you can customise as much or as little as you want, there's no area that isn't customisable, so you can modify the cancellation request button if you wish. The customer must select the product they want to cancel first though.

Ah, makes more sense now Matt - thank you for the updates! I will see what has changed and will apply things as needed from the "portal" as we did have that integrated originally :)

Other wise, so far I am not the biggest fan to V5, but appreciate your support on this as always.

Edited by Dedigeeks-Sean

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The blue menus and the video are filmed using the "blend" admin theme - sounds like you're using something else currently.

Matt

I saw your edit, I am a FAN of WHMCS and always have been. Though this upgrade just seems well not what I was expecting - the video seems to of made it look appealing and it does but I suppose the feeling of WHMCS v5 is just that to what I noted earlier but to my own personal preference.

I don't HATE WHMCS I just dislike the design aspects of the back-end :|

I opt-ed for the "blend" theme, it is nice but again not what I was expecting.

Edited by Dedigeeks-Sean

This is amazing Matt -- having a few minor issues with PayPal Express, VPS.NET API -- but overall the client end of it, (which is by far the very most important part) is a A+++, user friendly with a professional look is top priority and you have done that plus much more.

- The notes system on ADMIN dashboard is my favorite add on --- however my PayPal balance is no longer displayed, do you know how I can get that to show?

- The way you can now group products is great, with SHOUTcast streams I can now bundle SHOUTcast and cPanel --- exactly what I needed :) thanks

email marketing, Google analytics --- also some very nice features

Thanks for the great job, I can already see clients online navigating the new pages :)

http://shoutaccount.com/index.php

• WHMCS CEO
This is amazing Matt -- having a few minor issues with PayPal Express, VPS.NET API -- but overall the client end of it, (which is by far the very most important part) is a A+++, user friendly with a professional look is top priority and you have done that plus much more.

- The notes system on ADMIN dashboard is my favorite add on --- however my PayPal balance is no longer displayed, do you know how I can get that to show?

- The way you can now group products is great, with SHOUTcast streams I can now bundle SHOUTcast and cPanel --- exactly what I needed :) thanks

email marketing, Google analytics --- also some very nice features

Thanks for the great job, I can already see clients online navigating the new pages :)

http://shoutaccount.com/index.php

Thanks Tommy, great to hear you're finding so many of the additions positive. For the PayPal balance, that falls under part of the finer grained admin controls in this new version and so in Setup > Administrator Roles, you will need to assign your admin role group permission to view it after upgrading.

footprintwebAU - I got that error also, change them both to zero and it will work

Will check into this.

We're a bit overwhelmed on the tickets front at the moment, there's around 250 in the queue right now, and growing all the time, so please have some patience and bear with us over the next few days.

Matt

Will check into this.

We're a bit overwhelmed on the tickets front at the moment, there's around 250 in the queue right now, and growing all the time, so please have some patience and bear with us over the next few days.

Matt

No problem. We're in test mode at the moment any way, just setting up a new site. So no hurry. Everything else looks pretty good at this stage.

i must be crazy or something but i find 4.5 better to an extent. v5 i find has a far more professional look to it and i'm sure the demo is pretty slimmed down for security purposes.

We're not going to be forced into v5 anytime soon are we?

It's probably because i have a completely custom client area so it's nothing wrong with V5, just personal preference. Do love the modern look though hands down.

footprintwebAU - Yes that is how it works, just go through the order process, it'll let you set the configs for all products and at the end it will list all products and costs in the invoice

b0r3d -- you can keep using your old template, just do not overwrite the folder for your current template when you upload the files

i must be crazy or something but i find 4.5 better to an extent. v5 i find has a far more professional look to it and i'm sure the demo is pretty slimmed down for security purposes.

We're not going to be forced into v5 anytime soon are we?

It's probably because i have a completely custom client area so it's nothing wrong with V5, just personal preference. Do love the modern look though hands down.

the changes from 4.5 to 5 are more then just a template. And you don't even need to use the new template if you don't want to but can use your current one.

All very true. I think i'll still end up purchasing a license for one month to play with V5 separately and see it to it's full extent. I need to go with a more modern look.

I'll give examples i'd love to see in a client area shortly when i have more time. Hope they can take some suggestions to heart and roll with the punches. I like the menu style it went with.

I'd just like to basically have a fancy, informative yet nice, clean look for a client area. I had mine custom done and i am looking to move to a new design so V5 will suit us a lot more.

So what is the procedure to update? Just unzip the file into the existing whmcs directory? No changes/updates required to the database? No customizations (templates) being overwritten?

Might be obvious, but it woulda been nice with a simple readme.first file with the zip explaining this in 4 lines :)

So what is the procedure to update? Just unzip the file into the existing whmcs directory? No changes/updates required to the database? No customizations (templates) being overwritten?

Upgrading is straight forward - just follow the process at

http://docs.whmcs.com/Upgrading

The readme file does include a link to our docs for the V5 upgrade instructions.

Upgrading is straight forward - just follow the process at

http://docs.whmcs.com/Upgrading

Thanks. Would perhaps be an idea to include a link to that in the zip file or on the download page? Just an idea.

We added a couple of flags to support additional currencies, and had to modify templates/orderforms/modern/products.tpl and viewcart.tpl files in order to support these. I suppose we'll have to redo those modifications as they are outside the localized part of the template system?

I am interested in the new ProRata feature- but I cannot seem to find the 'Create Prorata Invoice checkbox '?

The is take from your Docs:

To use simply specify the new Next Due Date and tick the Create Prorata Invoice checkbox before clicking Submit.