V5 Release Discussion

Matt

My paypal balance displayed has also gone even though everything is ticked for the full administrator role that I use... All we get now id teansaction lookup .. any ideas?

Ok have found the issue with paypal balance displaying.... aswell as being ticked iin the admin role setup area, you also have to goto Setup > Addon Modules > Scroll to bottom to see the paypal transaction lookup section (if module enabled) and theres a show balance permission now for each admin role

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

manage email templates are in setup > Email templates

the social bits that I can see are in setup>general settings>Social

though this only puts things onto the announcements page from what I can see, have yet to get google+ to display and cannot get rid of the twitter feed

• WHMCS CEO

Wow what a first 20 or so hours it's been! Lots of upgrades, lots of questions, lots of tickets, but all good stuff. We have 4 confirmed issues right now:

1. Product Bundles not saving addon requirement/allow promo selections

2. Domain Details Registrar Lock Enable button missing required name variable in default template

3. New combined Service Status page (network issues & server status combined) in new template port status checks failing

4. Bulk Domain Management buttons in new template being killed by records per page form

We'll get a patches post up and running in the bug reports forum as usual with the corrections for these after lunch.

Matt

1. Where is the new staff noticeboard? I've gone squint looking for it.

2. The "Income" line at the top of the admin homepage - it takes too long to load, and really slows down the loading of the page.

3. We still can't create per-admin to-do lists. I'm sure this was requested a long time ago. We really don't wan't to be able to see each others' to-do lists, and assigning a to-do to a specific admin still keeps it visible for the rest of us.

EDIT: and can we increase the size of the widgets? We have *way* more than 8 servers, and scrolling to have a look at their status is annoying.

Wow what a first 20 or so hours it's been! Lots of upgrades, lots of questions, lots of tickets, but all good stuff. We have 4 confirmed issues right now:

1. Product Bundles not saving addon requirement/allow promo selections

2. Domain Details Registrar Lock Enable button missing required name variable in default template

3. New combined Service Status page (network issues & server status combined) in new template port status checks failing

4. Bulk Domain Management buttons in new template being killed by records per page form

We'll get a patches post up and running in the bug reports forum as usual with the corrections for these after lunch.

Matt

5. change the recaptcha to https :D

I have installed the new version and I have a problem...

the income on the admin is always on loading.

the menus on the admin (settings, configurations , addons, clients ) can not be selected and not showing...

I did a upgrade from the previous version to the new one.

Any help?

( Same problem as Steve V )

Edited by raggy786

• WHMCS CEO

Please everyone, clear your browser temporary cache and/or do a hard refresh when you upgrade. We're getting something along the lines of "everything looks messed up in the admin area after upgrading" due to people not doing this.

@raggy786: The above applies to you :)

@gmd8: Looks like you haven't updated your admin template.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO
1. Where is the new staff noticeboard? I've gone squint looking for it.

2. The "Income" line at the top of the admin homepage - it takes too long to load, and really slows down the loading of the page.

3. We still can't create per-admin to-do lists. I'm sure this was requested a long time ago. We really don't wan't to be able to see each others' to-do lists, and assigning a to-do to a specific admin still keeps it visible for the rest of us.

EDIT: and can we increase the size of the widgets? We have *way* more than 8 servers, and scrolling to have a look at their status is annoying.

1. Setup > Addon Modules > Staff Noticeboard (as per the release notes ;)

2. The income summary is now loaded via ajax. Infact nearly all the widgets that have to calculate stats use ajax, which should result in faster page loading as the things will appear as they complete, rather than having to wait for everything to be calculated before anything loads. Will be particularly noticable on larger installs though.

3. Can't say I've noticed that one before, but I'm sure it's something we could add if enough people want it.

4. Yes all widgets are open source and customisable in the /modules/widgets/ folder

Matt

Please everyone, clear your browser temporary cache and/or do a hard refresh when you upgrade. We're getting something along the lines of "everything looks messed up in the admin area after upgrading" due to people not doing this.

@raggy786: The above applies to you :)

@gmd8: Looks like you haven't updated your admin template.

Matt

So we now have to use the new Blend template to take advantage of the new admin features?

I'm receiving notifications of support tickets via email, but customers are not receiving any emails at all.

They can't retrieve password reminder emails, invoices paid, invoices raised, support ticket replies etc

This is since the v5 upgrade.

Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by Si

I actually like the look of the new version, especially the dashboard. I do have one suggestion for the Blend admin template - Since the "stats" div in the header has the same info as in the System Overview widget, perhaps that could be eliminated. I do have it set to "display: none" in the css.

Income Today: keeps loading in admin area. Had to remove it as I am not able to get the update on this

getting the same issue, at the beginning it was loading great, now it just can't stop loading. :(

i also got a strange activity log:

Email Sending Failed - You must provide at least one recipient email address. (Subject:

every hour as for one of my cron setting.