V5 Release Discussion

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

Our support team will be monitoring this thread over the coming days so please post any general questions or queries you have relating to Version 5 here and that way, we can hopefully relieve some of the pressure on our support desk with the same questions being repeated.

Thanks!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why doesn't the demo display the new 5.0 default theme?

Then in the Admin area the General Config is disabled so we can't activate it and preview...

Will there be a 'dark' version of it? I.E. white text on black instead of black text on white?

Also, is there a backlog of update requests? Should we hold off our orders until you guys can catch up?

• WHMCS CEO

lol give us a chance! But yep, we'll get the demo upgraded as soon as we can. To prevent users being able to break the demo, the general settings, my account, administrator roles and a few other pages are disabled and do have to remain so in the demo.

And with the upgrades, yes we will soon have a backlog of them (we always do!) but the sooner you order, the earlier your position will be in the queue, and we process them in the order received, so it's best to get in early.

Matt

Hi,

Is the Chrome browser supported with this latest version update? I just installed the upgrade, but when using Chrome:

- none of the menu buttons work/load

- the homepage modules are showing in a single column with most of the modules in an eternal loading state

- there is no ability to open/close any of the homepage modules

Everything seems to be ok when using Firefox or IE9

Thanks!

• WHMCS CEO

Yep it should work fine in all browsers. You should try clearing your browser cache, and forcing a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) to load the updated CSS, as well as possibly clearing the templates cache within WHMCS (Utilities > System > System Cleanup or deleting files from the templates_c dir manually)

Matt

I thought I would kind of post my personal feedback if you don't mind about V5.

I'm a web designer myself, and we use WHMCS and of course, we were using the latest of version 4.

I'm all for the Web 2.0 look, but I don't think it belonged in this one, I wish V4 was the default Admin template because Blend I think is really bad looking and poorly laid out with its navigation up top. And Czech is the default language which I think is Ironic because that is the setting in the system, however everything is displaying in English.

Some bugs I've noticed so far:

When installing a fresh install of v5, Forgetting to put your license in on step 2, then proceeding, asks you to put in your license and "go back". However going back, when I put in my license the "continue" button was no longer usable and was whited out.

http://www.whmcs.com/whats-new/

Under the "Automated Email Marketer" There is a typo in that paragraph, Maxmise, should be Maximize.

I haven't had the time to really play around with the new features just yet because, we're having some issues running it on our server, we keep getting Invalid Token, every-time we try modifying a user account or administrator account. (A Token has already been opened)

I'm going to have to redesign my own client area and integration for my customers, I'm just not liking the intuitiveness of its current state, which wont be a problem.

There seems to be a lot of hype of Version 5, so congratulations guys!!

• WHMCS CEO

@LaceHost-Ishan: Thanks, checking into it.

@SiCkShOt: Thanks for your feedback. We offer 3 admin templates as standard with WHMCS so you get to choose whichever one you prefer to use. Everyone has their own preference but the "blend" theme is designed to maximise the content area with a compact header and nav. The default language is English in new installs.

@OrqooGroup: The admin area is templated and controlled by CSS so it is possible to customise the backend.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO
Another bug -

In Administrator Roles -> Widgets, there is no widget for System Information.

This is not a bug. The system information widget is fixed and cannot be disabled or turned off.

For any further bug reports, please use the bug reports forum.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO
Also, I would have loved to see the Widgets configurable per Administrator instead of per administrator role.

We will now need to create a different administrator role for each admin just so that he can have his own widgets.

Anyone sharing an admin role group has the same permissions. And therefore should be allowed to see the same widgets. To have to configure them per admin would mean the work in configuring who sees what would be multipled by however many staff - so we try to keep things simple.

Remember each admin can re-arrange their widgets, and minimise any they don't want, so you don't necessarily have to disable access just because they won't want to see them.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO
Hi!

Will be the DEMO version of the v5 as was of the v4? I don't see that. If there is, please, give me a link, because I don't see that.

Good job WHMCS!!

Yes the demo is being updated as I post this. It will be inaccessible for around 30 minutes.

Matt