V5 Release Discussion

Matt

Asking for an enhancement to this feature. We qualified several hosting and SSL packages that did NOT have TRUSTe to send out an email template about it. A lot of our clients received several duplicate emails because they had both a hosting package and an SSL. Maybe one more modifier in the form that sets up the trigger to ensure that only one email is sent to the client? heh :-P

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's no issue we can find. Only cause we've seen when looking at instances of this so far have been either cache or not updated templates.

@ljesh & lance: See posts #118 & #127 - they contain the solution.

Since none of the posts contain detailed instructions on what to do and how to resolve this issue, I decided to disable captcha, at least temporarily.

in css/bootstrap.css search for

.topbar {
 height: 40px;
 position: fixed;
 top: 0;
 left: 0;
 right: 0;
 z-index: 10000;
 overflow: visible;
}

and lower that from 10000 to maybe like 10

Perfect Answer Thankyou and it worked and solved another issue I had too - really grateful :)

One thing I really want to be able to tweak on this is to be able to have 3 widget cols, I have a widescreen monitor and having three cols would just make it much easier to work with.

I've dug into the admin template code and this isn't possible to do via template mods because your backend code appears to be producing the Javascript array of widget location & the restore function only cycles twice.

This _should_ be pretty easy to fix by simply adding an admin option for number of cols and quickly sticking that in the output. OR at the very least tweak the backend so it generates the array for all that's stored in DB and move the JS functions from backend to the tpl's so can edit them to utilize 3 cols the rest could be done with tpls.

Seems a lot of people are complaining about the design of the new client area because its fresh web 2.0 look does not fit their websites design....

Well you need to open up your imagination a little better because the core concept of the new design is amazing it is much more intuitive and easier to navigate for your users ... the look is just up to your CSS your site is based on.

An example of the new client area which has been edited to match a website properly:

http://www.exsyshost.com/clients/index.php

Our user feedback has been great so far and we have yet to get a "how do I find" support ticket which we used to get all the time

It only took us a few hours to do this integration so open up your imagination you are only limited by it.

There also seems to be many complaining about the blend theme in this thread... blend is not new to v5 it was done in v4 we have been using it for months now....

But we do agree that there needs to be a better design... fresh in nature like the new client area so if you agree at your thoughts to this thread:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=43313

There also seems to be many complaining about the blend theme in this thread... blend is not new to v5 it was done in v4 we have been using it for months now....

But we do agree that there needs to be a better design... fresh in nature like the new client area so if you agree at your thoughts to this thread:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=43313

Not so certain about a better design or in theme as we all know one thing...we can always change what we need to if we put some time into css and maybe a bit of html & php for custom stuff not there. I do think one thing is for sure, there are issues with v5...period..It is not about a template. And no telling some of us its about cache when obviously its not always. I have no doubt I can make it work just fine without upgrading my database if I cleared all that & got the new one with new database installed, I am just not willing to do so! I am not going to redo every product I have in it & all else when v4 works just fine and I see no real difference in the newer. Was bad enough to have to redo every other tweak in it including TLD's all the way down to address of where to send the check. Of course...my newer did not work right. V4 is now working just fine again

Odd sounds like you are having some issues pertaining to your server setup... we had no problems upgrading to v5 without any steps you mentioned... we uploaded the files, browsed to the admin area click the upgrade button and presto everything was running just fine without any work needed.

Not so certain about a better design or in theme as we all know one thing...we can always change what we need to if we put some time into css and maybe a bit of html & php for custom stuff not there. I do think one thing is for sure, there are issues with v5...period..It is not about a template. And no telling some of us its about cache when obviously its not always. I have no doubt I can make it work just fine without upgrading my database if I cleared all that & got the new one with new database installed, I am just not willing to do so! I am not going to redo every product I have in it & all else when v4 works just fine and I see no real difference in the newer. Was bad enough to have to redo every other tweak in it including TLD's all the way down to address of where to send the check. Of course...my newer did not work right. V4 is now working just fine again

Open a support ticket, I am sure Matt can get you up and running in no time at all.

Hi Matt,

I have discovered a couple of issues that I thought I would bring to your attention.

1. When ordering a product as a customer and then attempting to remove the product from the cart the "Remove" button is not working it just loads the client area home page and drops you out of the ordering page.

2. If you disable the client drop down list under the general settings area you can no longer select a client in the add new order page as it removes this from there also. it replaces it with an empty text box.

If you could take a look at these 2 issues and respond when you have a moment I would appreciate it.

Regards

Shaun

• WHMCS CEO
Love the new WHMCS v5.0 Looks awesome. When i go into the client area, theres no option for downloads unless logged in even though downloads are set for everyone. and under the server status i dont get the green check marks even though the server is connected.

There is a fix for the server status @ http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=43291

Re the downloads, you could add a link to the menu bar, or from your site/KB, but you're right there's no default public downloads link. In our experience not many were using the downloads for items visitors should access, so it wasn't deemed as important as the other links to guests.

Not so certain about a better design or in theme as we all know one thing...we can always change what we need to if we put some time into css and maybe a bit of html & php for custom stuff not there.

Yes you can customise the look of course, but most people prefer not to have to. And clearly you're having issues upgrading, but others aren't sharing those same issues, so that's something specific to your setup and not a V5 thing. It doesn't require a new install, so I would suggest trying the upgrade again and open a ticket if you still have problems.

I have discovered a couple of issues that I thought I would bring to your attention.

1. When ordering a product as a customer and then attempting to remove the product from the cart the "Remove" button is not working it just loads the client area home page and drops you out of the ordering page.

2. If you disable the client drop down list under the general settings area you can no longer select a client in the add new order page as it removes this from there also. it replaces it with an empty text box.

1. This sounds like a javascript conflict of some kind. Try removing all customisations and re-test. If you still have problems, open a ticket.

2. This is not new. If you have a lot of clients, generating a dropdown takes a while, so if you disable it you instead get a text field for inputting the client ID. Normally you would use intelligent search to locate a client, then use the add new order link from the client which would pre-fill the box.

Matt

V5 looks great so far, i like the new admin and it is great to finally have a nested menu, much nicer to use. The new skin for both front and back end is an improvement, although has a few CSS bugs by the looks of it.

I was hoping for some new order form templates or at least the Vertical Steps to be updated as it still is not possible to "continue shopping" from that template.

in css/bootstrap.css search for

.topbar {
 height: 40px;
 position: fixed;
 top: 0;
 left: 0;
 right: 0;
 z-index: 10000;
 overflow: visible;
}

and lower that from 10000 to maybe like 10

Hey, Paul, looks like good advice. Check your email, I have sent you a couple of messages. Or, I guess I could ask my question here? Which would you prefer? Thanks!

One thing I really want to be able to tweak on this is to be able to have 3 widget cols, I have a widescreen monitor and it looks horrible with 2 and stretched out, and having three cols would just solve this and make it much easier to work with.

I've dug into the admin template code and this isn't possible to do via template mods because your backend code appears to be producing the Javascript array of widget location & the restore function only cycles twice.

This _should_ be pretty easy to fix by simply adding an admin option for number of cols and quickly sticking that in the output. OR at the very least tweak the backend so it generates the array for all that's stored in DB and move the JS functions from backend to the tpl's so can edit them to utilize 3 cols the rest could be done with tpls.

I just did it, so it is possible

edit the admin/templates/yourtemplate/homepage.tpl and add a homecol3 like so:

http://screencast.com/t/0IoBduzugVG

Then edit the style.css, and change it to 33% width:

http://screencast.com/t/OmcgvpjTyUp

-- Just need to figure out how to make it save if you place widgets on the 3rd col.. TBC

Edited by RFEHosting

Is the Addons dropdown in the admin empty for anyone else? I have 2 addons active and it is empty (it's also empty if I have none active). This is on a fresh v5 install. Looking at the source there's just an empty <li> in there with a link to addonmodules.php with no text.

There is a fix for the server status @ http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=43291

Re the downloads, you could add a link to the menu bar, or from your site/KB, but you're right there's no default public downloads link. In our experience not many were using the downloads for items visitors should access, so it wasn't deemed as important as the other links to guests.

Yes you can customise the look of course, but most people prefer not to have to. And clearly you're having issues upgrading, but others aren't sharing those same issues, so that's something specific to your setup and not a V5 thing. It doesn't require a new install, so I would suggest trying the upgrade again and open a ticket if you still have problems.

1. This sounds like a javascript conflict of some kind. Try removing all customisations and re-test. If you still have problems, open a ticket.

2. This is not new. If you have a lot of clients, generating a dropdown takes a while, so if you disable it you instead get a text field for inputting the client ID. Normally you would use intelligent search to locate a client, then use the add new order link from the client which would pre-fill the box.

Matt

Ok so here we are again...I downloaded the package for the 3rd time, did the install exactly the same as before by renaming the older version and uploading the new one. I got a different screen on the install this time than the previous 2. When finished all looks fine, just had to do the css and header/footer. So far 3rd time was charm. I did not have to fill out everything in the admin area again as I did the other 2 times either. Everything seems to have made it through intact. LOL....Crossing my fingers it doesn't decide to change on me later now! Thanks Matt

Seems a lot of people are complaining about the design of the new client area because its fresh web 2.0 look does not fit their websites design....

Well you need to open up your imagination a little better because the core concept of the new design is amazing it is much more intuitive and easier to navigate for your users ... the look is just up to your CSS your site is based on.

An example of the new client area which has been edited to match a website properly:

http://www.exsyshost.com/clients/index.php

Our user feedback has been great so far and we have yet to get a "how do I find" support ticket which we used to get all the time

It only took us a few hours to do this integration so open up your imagination you are only limited by it.

Yes, great example. Thanks. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around what I want my site to look like vis a vis the new look. Yours is a great example!

you need to go to setup and under add-ons you need to turn on the ability for admins to see the add-ons

Is the Addons dropdown in the admin empty for anyone else? I have 2 addons active and it is empty (it's also empty if I have none active). This is on a fresh v5 install. Looking at the source there's just an empty <li> in there with a link to addonmodules.php with no text.

Ok so here we are again...I downloaded the package for the 3rd time, did the install exactly the same as before by renaming the older version and uploading the new one. I got a different screen on the install this time than the previous 2. When finished all looks fine, just had to do the css and header/footer. So far 3rd time was charm. I did not have to fill out everything in the admin area again as I did the other 2 times either. Everything seems to have made it through intact. LOL....Crossing my fingers it doesn't decide to change on me later now! Thanks Matt

Spoke too soon and not enough fingers were crossed. It just reverted to everything loading again after maybe an hour of switching pages and checking everything. Trying again

Spoke too soon and not enough fingers were crossed. It just reverted to everything loading again after maybe an hour of switching pages and checking everything. Trying again

Hi Voodoo,

This really sounds like a templates_c issue to me, steps I usually follow when upgrading WHMCS

1) Database backup

2) Upload files overwriting the old ones

3) Access admin url and start upgrade

4) delete all files in templates_c

5) perform CSS and template edits

not with this upgrade, but in the past I ran into some random stuff like you are experiencing, the way I got around it was changing my steps a little:

1) Databse backup

2) rename whmcs folder to something else like "clients2"

3) upload files to a new folder "clients"

4) copy configuration.php from "clients2" to "clients"

5) if your templates_c folder is located out of root be sure to delete all files in it

6) copy downloads, attachments, hooks over from "clients2" into the new "clients"

6) peform css and template edits

everything was good after that