V5 Release Discussion

Matt

• WHMCS CEO
Yes we are having paypal and mail payment in problems. No matter what settings we use it take the customer to a blank page and sits there. Have not had a chance to test the cc method.

Plus we can not get the cPanel mod to work yet either.

A blank page indicates a fatal error. Please follow the advice here for troubleshooting blank pages and open a ticket with the results if needed: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=21317

We have the exact same issue .. its definitely a bug.

I can assure you it is not. Check your templates are up to date and try the same as above.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get only secured content is displayed with a button to the right that says display all content.

IM using the default templates with no modifications. It seems to be seeing something unsecure?

Any ideas?

This is IE9

Chrome it gives an X in the URL showing it is not secure.

Thanks,

Ken

We got a problem with promotion codes after upgrade.

When customer enters promotion code with -50% discoun, then on the order form this code is accepted and order price is reduced, but after that, on the generated invoice there is no discount.

Did you check the 'Recurring' checkbox?

Did you check the 'Recurring' checkbox?

No, because this is one time discount, not recurring. Promotion code discount is shown on the order form, but not applied to the first generated invoice (even there is no discount line in the invoice).

Edited by insider1

Hi,

I have done the patches updates from here: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=43291 but after doing so my admin area isn't correct and income isn't loading and it won't let me move things into the white space next to System Information, why is this please?

Here is link to image: http://billing.hostsurfuk.com/whmcsPatchesDoneButNowThis.jpg

Edited by loubymar

This is not a bug, but a request. In the top header it would be nice if "X Ticket(s) in Progress" was added to the right of "X Ticket(s) Awaiting Reply". We use those 2 the most and it is a pain to go through the drop down menus to get to In Progress tickets. I've added it to our install by editing the admin template but it would be nice if that was included in future version so I don't have to keep customizing the admin template.

Our support team will be monitoring this thread over the coming days so please post any general questions or queries you have relating to Version 5 here and that way, we can hopefully relieve some of the pressure on our support desk with the same questions being repeated.

Thanks!

I'm diggin the new version!!! Great job guys!

Chuck Smith

AccessPoint Media Group

http://www.ap-mg.com

I've just downloaded the update and it struck me, it looks like the multilingual support finally got some attention. A bit of a disappointment though. First of all: what's the point in still giving English names to all the different languages. Germans don't call their own language German, but Deutsch, Dutchmen call their Nederlands in stead of Dutch and the French call "la plus belle langue" Français. In the way it is now you have to understand at least some English to find your own language.

Secondly: I've made quite a few new language strings for several different languages. I've put all these as instructed in the directory /lang/overrides and I made sure the names are exactly like the ones used in the /lang/ directory. The short version is: it doesn't work. I can get them pulled in the old-fashioned way by adding them to the language file, but not from the override file.

I didn't have a chance to investigate things further, so perhaps there's more to nag about. :)

Since we have upgraded to the v5 we have been facing some problems. Some tickets dont get imported correctly from email (POP3 configuration) they show has "no subject" but we can see the the emails correctly trough our webmail.

We also have a few more issues not so urgent but they still issues. We are modifying the templates of our whmcs, and in our "new" home page the Twitter feed have text encoding issues you can check that at:

http://www.webhost.pt/?systpl=portalv3 on the bottom of the page.

One other issue we have found is that the buttons Close and Reply on the support tickets is not translatable.

When we click Ticket(s) Awaiting Reply on System Overview widget we get redirected to All Active Tickets and not to the tickets waiting reply.

I am assuming that after the upgrade our invoices should be the new version like the ones we get from WHMCS? If this is the case ours are not, and they still look like the old version, is this a know issue here?

Are you using your own template? If so you need to update the invoice pdf template.

Thanks to Mr. Webster - who decided that we needed to be different than the British - many US words are different than the rest of the world :-)

Then on top of that we also have neighborhood slang and in some cases different ways of spelling the same word in the same city. Bottom line...we all speak English both sides, just not the Queens! We started out that way, just didn't want to end it that way

No, because this is one time discount, not recurring. Promotion code discount is shown on the order form, but not applied to the first generated invoice (even there is no discount line in the invoice).

Sorry I misread your post. I thought it was generated on the first but not the following ones.

My bad.

/templates/default/css/whmcs.css

@import url("https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Ubuntu:500,700");

4.82 sec. going to send and retrieve data from fonts.googleapis.com and themes.googleusercontent.com it takes between 3 to 8 sec.

What are WHMCS reasons for not doing it so that no is something to be retrieved from other sites?

googleusercontent.jpg

After up-gradation from v4 to v5 I found few problems within my system. may be I dont follow all steps properly.

So I create a support ticket for whmcs help. Now problem solve only within approx 16 hours. within that timeframe they check my full script and update my few files. Today after logged in noticed problem solved.

Amazing direct development support. Great service and a great script for all.

Thanks whmcs team. All the best.

Edited by sujoybasu
mistake

I log into our admin area with my iPad but I only see the full admin theme, how to I enable this as I cannot locate any documentation on this and I am on the understanding there is an admin theme especially for tablets? thanks.

Once you are logged in, select "My Account" and select the template there.

I've just downloaded the update and it struck me, it looks like the multilingual support finally got some attention. A bit of a disappointment though. First of all: what's the point in still giving English names to all the different languages. Germans don't call their own language German, but Deutsch, Dutchmen call their Nederlands in stead of Dutch and the French call "la plus belle langue" Français. In the way it is now you have to understand at least some English to find your own language.

Have you tried renaming the language php files?

For example, if I rename english.php to whatever.php, on the website the language appears as "Whatever".

Probably related to the fact that IE (sub-v9) is weak at supporting web standards. Using the "border-radius" CSS property doesn't work well (if at all) on IE versions earlier than 9.

Actually, you would be wrong. IE9 has the highest web standards compatibility in CSS3 and HTML5. The reason why rounded boarders is not working is because someone decided to add browser specific tags for the rounded boarder codes. i.e -moz-, -webkit-, -o-.

Once you are logged in, select "My Account" and select the template there.

Thanks for the reply. I am assuming then that the template for a Tablet is the "Simple" template? I was looking for something which was obvious like "Tablet" template. This said, am I correct here?

Also @WHMCS it would be great to auto detect the device and apply the correct template i.e. if the admin area detects an iPad apply the appropriate template because we will quite often access from our desktops and iPads, thanks.