V5 Release Discussion

Matt

Yep it should work fine in all browsers. You should try clearing your browser cache, and forcing a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) to load the updated CSS, as well as possibly clearing the templates cache within WHMCS (Utilities > System > System Cleanup or deleting files from the templates_c dir manually)

Matt

Just FYI, I had problems with Firefox and the above resolved this issue for me.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• WHMCS CEO
when going to the admin/configaddonmods.php is shows the client login page nothing about addons

I have cleared cache, and deleted template_c directory contents any help you be appreicated

From your description, it sounds like there is probably a badly coded addon module installed in your system causing this, so my advice would be to check the addons you have recently added and try removing them one at a time to identify the cause.

Matt

In the template folder of the template you are using, open the file clientareadomains.tpl and change the following:

<tr class="clientareatable{if $domain.status eq "expired"}terminated{else}{$domain.status}{/if}">

to

<tr class="clientareatable{if $domain.status|lower eq "expired"}terminated{else}{$domain.status|lower}{/if}">

The problem is that the CSS uses lowercase names and the tests above are case-sensitive. Forcing everything to lowercase in the above code fixes it.

In /whmcs/templates/default/clientareadomains.tpl I'm not seeing anything like the above code, but it does have a little green "active" button next to the active domain name(s).

Unfortunatelly, I wasn't able to get supports attantion and I have been waiting for over 24 hours to get my issue sorted out. I just thought I'd post here and hope someone may have a solution for me.

So yeah, I managed to fix some errors after migration myself. Unfortunatelly, I wasn't able to fix the following ones:

1) Every time when a client tries to order hosting and choosed 3rd option "I will update my nameservers on an existing domain" he gets a blank page. No errors, only blank page. Display_errors are enabled in both configuration.php and php.ini, WHMcs was installed from zero and templates_c is chmoded to 777(it was cleared after clean setup).

2) Support Tickets Overview from admin panel doesn't work. Whatever I choose(open, in progress, customer reply etc) I get "No Records Found" although there are some tickets actually.

Hopefully someome may have some ideas on this issues.

Thanks

Hi Matt and Team,

Absolutely fantastic new version! Well done guys.

I just want to pick up on something earlier in the thread though.

PayPal Express requires the client to click the PayPal Checkout logo instead of the normal checkout button. That's because for Express CheckOut, they have to do it through PayPal. Otherwise it should just default to using the regular PayPal payment process. You must therefore have both PayPal Express and the PayPal standard modules enabled.

I only want to have the PayPal Express option shown on the order form. So if I have to enable both modules can I "untick" the box "Show on Order Form" for the Standard PayPal?

Also how can I also force existing PayPal customers to use PayPal Express?

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunatelly, I wasn't able to get supports attantion and I have been waiting for over 24 hours to get my issue sorted out. I just thought I'd post here and hope someone may have a solution for me.

So yeah, I managed to fix some errors after migration myself. Unfortunatelly, I wasn't able to fix the following ones:

1) Every time when a client tries to order hosting and choosed 3rd option "I will update my nameservers on an existing domain" he gets a blank page. No errors, only blank page. Display_errors are enabled in both configuration.php and php.ini, WHMcs was installed from zero and templates_c is chmoded to 777(it was cleared after clean setup).

2) Support Tickets Overview from admin panel doesn't work. Whatever I choose(open, in progress, customer reply etc) I get "No Records Found" although there are some tickets actually.

Hopefully someome may have some ideas on this issues.

Thanks

Is this a brand new install? i.e.- the first time you've installed WHMCS?

1. Typically a blank page means a PHP error. What they usually suggest is to re-upload the install again. Sometimes something happens and a file doesn't get uploaded correctly, and/or gets corrupt.

2. Go into your Admin account (Setup -> Administrators) and make sure you've assigned yourself to that department. This has happened to me a few times when I've added a department, but forgotten this step.

Hi Matt and Team,

Absolutely fantastic new version! Well done guys.

I just want to pick up on something earlier in the thread though.

I only want to have the PayPal Express option shown on the order form. So if I have to enable both modules can I "untick" the box "Show on Order Form" for the Standard PayPal?

Also how can I also force existing PayPal customers to use PayPal Express?

Thanks for the help.

I believe you just don't enable Paypal subscriptions, by clicking the "Force One Time Payments" under Setup -> Payments -> Payment Gateway.

Hi. All of a sudden whenever I log in to my WHMCS admin area I'm automatically sent to supportcenter.php instead of index.php. Are there a setting somewhere for this that I can't find? Because I have looked everywhere and for the life of me, if there is I can't find it.

Having waited for the dust to settle and early bugs to be swatted I updated from 4.5 to 5.0.3 today. So first impressions...

Overall v5 is a great advance and for such a large update has gone remarkably smoothly for me and others. Well done for that! It is often the case that stuff is released too early but given how well you do your back compatibility I'm very impressed.

UX Fail

The downside for me is the new wide screen and widget dashboard layout. WHMCS is now really hard to use on a 1024x768 width screen. That is unconscionable. You really must cater for a variety of end user setups with a product like this, and this is a major fail unless you have a workaround, because I'm either stuck with a font size I can't read, or a dashboard that doesn't fit within the width of my screen.

Even with a larger resolution, on my 16" CRT monitor I can't make this readable. So I now have perpetual horizontal scrolling, or I'm supposed to buy a new monitor to use WHMCS? Come on guys, this is a web application. Please tell me there's a way around this.

Thanks

Mark

UX Fail

The downside for me is the new wide screen and widget dashboard layout. WHMCS is now really hard to use on a 1024x768 width screen. That is unconscionable. You really must cater for a variety of end user setups with a product like this, and this is a major fail unless you have a workaround, because I'm either stuck with a font size I can't read, or a dashboard that doesn't fit within the width of my screen.

Ok, [apologetic tone] I found the admin templates and have selected 'Blend' which works great on 1024x768.

However, there are two UI issues still:

1) This is not obvious to anyone upgrading (or installing), so how is someone supposed discover they can fit WHMCS on a 1024x768 screen

2) Setting it per user is ridiculous. Its the device not who is logged in that matters. Selection should be part of the main UI, always visible and preserved using a cookie. Not buried within the admin users settings!

Mark

Ok, [apologetic tone] I found the admin templates and have selected 'Blend' which works great on 1024x768.

I take this back, was in too much of a hurry to correct my post!

Actually, Blend is more usable on 1024x768 but still bloody awful on my CRT I have to say. The fonts are eye strainingly small so how about something that works on 1024x768. And what about the poor folks with 800x600? Or a smartphone?

Mark

However, there are two UI issues still:

1) This is not obvious to anyone upgrading (or installing), so how is someone supposed discover they can fit WHMCS on a 1024x768 screen

2) Setting it per user is ridiculous. Its the device not who is logged in that matters. Selection should be part of the main UI, always visible and preserved using a cookie. Not buried within the admin users settings!

Mark

I tried blend for a while, but found a lot of addons aren't compatible so I switched back to the v4 template. I have 1280x1024 and 1280x800 on my two main computers, and have issues with how the widgets display (specifically the to do list, it's very cramped). I feel for ya, using 1024x768.

Not sure if this has been listed, but if you go to the staff notice board module, and then go to the Setup drop down menu (main menu) & try to click Addon Modules (anything past a certain point) the menu disappears...

JS Bug... gahhhh

I've had that issue for a while (since v4 and the current menu) on my netbook. It's almost like you have to sneak up on a menu item to get it.

I wasn't a fan of the new admin homepage and widgets....but I'll admit, with a little tweaking, they're growing on me. I still miss the notification of how many to do list items are "due", and I know I can add that back in myself, just haven't had the time to mess with it.

I'm sticking with V4 theme - my 27" screen makes blend look far too stretched & hard to navigate.