Who is the best domain registrar for resellers today?

For year's I have had an eNom reseller account, but have never integrated that into WHMCS.  I am wanting to add domain registrations now, but have become extremely dissatisfied with eNom because their prices have increased so much.

After reading a lot of opinions on the web, it looked like eNom and ResellerClub were the most popular registrars for those who wanted to integrate their account with WHMCS.  Because of that I added a reseller account with ResellerClub only to find out that (due to the Covid-19 situation) they have no more US phone number, they are not answering their Indian phone number and their chat (only way of asking questions) is sketchy at best.  Most importantly though I asked about transferring about 50 domain names to that new account, and they informed me that I would lose any remaining time on the previous registration.  That also means that all 50 domain names would renew on the same day in the future.  I couldn't believe it, so I asked two more times and I was sent a link that clearly states that policy.

So, I looked at NameCheap and finally decided that a US-based company with 24/7 support (and much cheaper prices than eNom) would be better than an overseas company that I cannot contact.  They did tell me that they do not have a true domain reseller program, but that I could still integrate my sales through WHMCS.  The only problem I found out was that when they send their renewal notices to my clients, they include a link back to their site and show their cost to renew the registration.  Fortunately, because they really bought it through my account, they really can't renew it on their own, but I see this as opening a can of worms... especially if I tack on a small profit.

So, am I better to stick with eNom, stick with NameCheap, or wait for ResellerClub to get back to normal after the Covid-19 situation normalize?  Or is there someone else that I should look at?

On 18/07/2020 at 08:48, Tour Services Group said:

Most importantly though I asked about transferring about 50 domain names to that new account, and they informed me that I would lose any remaining time on the previous registration.

what? what?? 😲

That also means that all 50 domain names would renew on the same day in the future.  I couldn't believe it, so I asked two more times and I was sent a link that clearly states that policy.

I don't think that's right - unless these domains are all some specific TLD that has this condition... i'd like to see that link! (I assume it's to their kb).

So, I looked at NameCheap and finally decided that a US-based company with 24/7 support (and much cheaper prices than eNom) would be better than an overseas company that I cannot contact.  They did tell me that they do not have a true domain reseller program, but that I could still integrate my sales through WHMCS.  The only problem I found out was that when they send their renewal notices to my clients, they include a link back to their site and show their cost to renew the registration.  Fortunately, because they really bought it through my account, they really can't renew it on their own, but I see this as opening a can of worms... especially if I tack on a small profit.

Namecheap also discussed in the thread below recently...

So, am I better to stick with eNom, stick with NameCheap, or wait for ResellerClub to get back to normal after the Covid-19 situation normalize?  Or is there someone else that I should look at?

personally, I wouldn't touch eNom or NC with a  barge pole... and who knows when anything will return to normal ? I doubt it will this year...

there are other registrars that I would suggest looking at, but it depends on whether these 50 domains are an obscure TLD with special rules or whether they're more common TLDs that can be easily transferred.

i've never used them, but NameSilo have been recently discussed for having good reseller pricing.

On 7/18/2020 at 1:18 PM, Tour Services Group said:

I added a reseller account with ResellerClub only to find out that (due to the Covid-19 situation) they have no more US phone number, they are not answering their Indian phone number and their chat (only way of asking questions) is sketchy at best. 

You can request Chat Executives to create a ticket for you, yes they have removed all support options 

Also GoDaddy support is only available via W/App and they are taking more than 2-3 hours to respond back...we transfered one domain to us from GoDaddy took long time to coordinate with their W/App support.

Also this customer was hosted with EC2 and had AWS developer support but received much delayed support response and they were actually not able to help...as client lost the key...luckily we were able to migrate the  emails and website to our server.

Edited by VirtualWorldGlobal

While much faster support is expected from a smaller hosting company, in case of bigger companies the same users are silent over much delayed support...

12 hours ago, Alien said:

you will find the same problem with Godaddy they got so bad I had to move my account.

Yes, we faced a lot of issues migrating that client... (Also GoDaddy support is only available via W/App and they are taking more than 2-3 hours to respond back...we transfered one domain to us from GoDaddy took long time to coordinate with their W/App support)

56 minutes ago, Alien said:

The best reseller account is https://www.myresellerhome.com/ this is who I use. they have a real good support team and i can get them on live chat all the time.

it looks like they're just domain resellers for ResellerClub - $14 for a .com seems incredibly expensive to me.... even if their reseller .com price was over $10, i'd consider that to be expensive.... however, if they provide good support and you need to use it often, then that might be a price you'll have to pay.

1 minute ago, brian! said:

it looks like they're just domain resellers for ResellerClub - $14 for a .com seems incredibly expensive to me.... even if their reseller .com price was over $10, i'd consider that to be expensive.... however, if they provide good support and you need to use it often, then that might be a price you'll have to pay.

Earlier in this thread he says he's using Epik for domains?

Guys https://www.myresellerhome.com/ does also have a reseller domain account they offer free with your hosting reseller account. I have one but chose not to use it because like I said before epic.com is the best domain registrar that I have found. A .com domain with epik is $8.99 and it comes with free DNS control and free privacy. 

Edited by Alien

On 7/23/2020 at 7:43 AM, VirtualWorldGlobal said:

While much faster support is expected from a smaller hosting company, in case of bigger companies the same users are silent over much delayed support...

Yes, we faced a lot of issues migrating that client... (Also GoDaddy support is only available via W/App and they are taking more than 2-3 hours to respond back...we transfered one domain to us from GoDaddy took long time to coordinate with their W/App support)

This is something that surprises me. Customers expect instant replies from a small company but then have no issues waiting 3 days for a reply from a big brand that is horrible when it comes to support and customer service.

1 hour ago, yggdrasil said:

This is something that surprises me. Customers expect instant replies from a small company but then have no issues waiting 3 days for a reply from a big brand that is horrible when it comes to support and customer service.

Yes they suddenly start loosing all the money in a DAY  that they maybe making in a year, this is why running a small business is much tougher with a small team and that too currently under COVID-19 circumstances 

Almost every bigger company has announced that they are working with lesser staff members so Support is delayed. 

But let a small business announce THIS and customers start asking questions and some will even doubt that they are going out of business...

Edited by VirtualWorldGlobal

• 2 weeks later...

As per my experience Namesilo, Domainnameapi, Connectreseller is best to use them as a  domain reseller. Everyone have own whmcs module they don't send any email to end user & whois privacy protection is 100% free. Don't go with PDR Ltd. reseller like Resellerclub or others they still charge for whois privacy protection.

Interested in this topic also.  Been with Enom for 15 years, but ever since OpenSRS took them over and imposed their price structure it's gotten worse, and the system has errored out and gotten slower at times.

Someone mentioned Resellerclub, won't touch them with the other dudes barge pole, they are owned by EIG, no good will come of that.

Tried engaging with 101domain.com, but their reseller program has been on permanent "Not accepting new applications" for about 4 years and counting. (not sure why they even bother having it on the website.

Interested in anyone's input dealing with several thousand domains and options that aren't Enom.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Alien said:

You guys can have'em I'll stay with Epik. *8.99 .com domains and free DNS control with free  privacy. 

I visited their site, I don't see any mention of a reseller program, only an affiliate program. Not wasting my time reselling someone else's retail services.

Am I missing something or is there a reseller brand they go by?