Who is the best domain registrar for resellers today?

8 hours ago, PapaKai said:

HEXONET -> Germany / Canada - you can have your account in USD
Team HEXONET works closely together with other WHMCS Brands RRPproxy, TPP Wholesale and internet.bs, all part of the CentralNic Group PLC

We have clients that require their services to be hosted by US based companies. It's not a matter of using USD or not.

11 hours ago, evolve hosting said:

Tucows started in the US but they are now based in Toronto, Canada. For the US, there's Godaddy, Namecheap, Namesilo and I'm sure many others that aren't coming to mind right now. None of these are registrars I care to use but they exist in the US.

I don't consider godaddy/namecheap/namesilo as serious contenders when dealing with thousands of domains. 

We have clients that require their services to be hosted by US based companies. It's not a matter of using USD or not.

Ok, got it. This makes the selection hard. imho the best idea is to start/continue business with the registrar doing best in/with WHMCS.
Support Quality matters. If you have a registrar doing in general well, it doesn't mean they do well in WHMCS too.
With the wrong registrar, you'll be ending up into customer support on your end worst case in future. Just my opinion on that.

Maybe it is then also a matter of which services. Is it sufficient to only keep hosting / dns in the us, but doing domain business outside of the us?

Majority of customers just worry about hosting. DNS should be sprayed over the world anyways to fasten and harden it up as possible.
I can forward that HEXONET has customers from around the world and especially with WHMCS we are doing very well.
Still your decision @blakeh, just wanted to follow-up.

Enjoy your day!

Kai

6 hours ago, PapaKai said:

Ok, got it. This makes the selection hard. imho the best idea is to start/continue business with the registrar doing best in/with WHMCS.
Support Quality matters. If you have a registrar doing in general well, it doesn't mean they do well in WHMCS too.
With the wrong registrar, you'll be ending up into customer support on your end worst case in future. Just my opinion on that.

Maybe it is then also a matter of which services. Is it sufficient to only keep hosting / dns in the us, but doing domain business outside of the us?

Majority of customers just worry about hosting. DNS should be sprayed over the world anyways to fasten and harden it up as possible.
I can forward that HEXONET has customers from around the world and especially with WHMCS we are doing very well.
Still your decision @blakeh, just wanted to follow-up.

Enjoy your day!

Kai

See my post here: 

They seem to have some issues accepting new resellers, and I didn't have time to chase them to ask if I could be a customer. 

I hope you noticed me pointing on the security/data breach of epik.com? You should not consider working together with an unsecure registrar, if you highly consider your customer interests. I guess, customers worry more about security than about keeping services in the US.

Edited by PapaKai

• 1 month later...

I highly suggest to check if a registrar has a dedicated team assigned to 3rd-party Software Integrations. Most of the registrars don't have this in place and will lack in support when it comes to issues or problems.
We at CentralNic are there for our brands (HEXONET, RRPproxy, et al)

• 2 months later...

Posting an update to this thread to bump it up.

Enom is doing a datacenter migration this weekend, I never got notification but other resellers might have. (https://enomstatus.com)

They have ran into issues and it keeps getting bumped, can't login at all.

They have stated that DNS should still resolve, it's just redirection that is down, but the issue appears to be that if you were using their redirection for your website, then it impacted all other records in the zone, including MX, so in effect, your whole DNS zone is down if you were redirecting your website.

Maybe with this WHMCS will find someone else to recommend?

Edited by blakeh

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 3:29 PM, lulzkiller said:

Unless you are a registrar for certain TLD's, then go with hexonet, you wont find any better domain providers.

Let me ensure that we will cover CentralNic Reseller (fka RRPproxy) with the same priorities.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 2:23 PM, hostingarg said:

Hexonet 14.30 USD for .com domain?

Let's see a competitor for comparison: OpenProvider. 

.com non-membership renewal is USD 14.57... membership renewal, 9.15. So it seems Hexonet price spectrum is somewhat similar.

While their WHMCS module took a while to support PHP 8.1, the pre-release version of that is now available:
https://github.com/openprovider/Openprovider-WHMCS-domains/releases/tag/5.7.0-beta

On 5/18/2023 at 12:54 PM, Rubens Kuhl said:

Most price increases from wholesale registrars come from registries increasing fees. This is just how the market operates. 

"questionable business ethics" -> one example: Enom stopped their kind of sub-reseller business a while ago in a reseller unfriendly (and imho questionable) way.

Regarding the pricing changes, I partially agree, but especially regarding Enom there's more to find on public boards. Threads like: https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1709037