WHMCS is joining WebPros

• WHMCS Support Manager

Today we announced that WHMCS is joining the WebPros family.

Following in the footsteps of Plesk and cPanel, WHMCS becomes the latest company to join WebPros exciting and growing group of companies that power the web hosting industry.

Established in 2005 by CEO Matt Pugh, WHMCS is the leading web hosting billing and automation platform. WHMCS was started with the idea that selling web hosting could be made better for consumers and more efficient through automation.  By combining customer management, billing and support tools into a single package, coupled with easy extensibility, today we help over 40,000 businesses scale and succeed in today’s competitive web hosting market.

In 2012, WHMCS partnered with cPanel to enable us to work more closely and deliver a better experience to our many mutual customers. Today's announcement and news means we'll be able to work even more closely with cPanel, as well as our good friends at Plesk and SolusVM, giving us the opportunity to enhance the integration between all our products to create a more seamless and integrated experience for everyone.

"I am looking forward to working with the teams at WebPros to deliver better software and user experiences to both our direct customers and the customers of our customers" said Matt Pugh, CEO of WHMCS. "I also want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of our customers for putting your trust in us over the last 15 years and bringing us to where we are today."

"For us, it’s business as usual.", said Matt. "The same team remains in place, and we will continue to deliver the same high-quality product and experience you've come to expect. We have always strived to provide the most powerful, feature rich and reliable platform for you to operate your business from, and this commitment remains as strong as ever."

Based in the UK and with offices in Houston TX, WHMCS employs a team of 28 people and powers over 40,000 businesses with a combined end user base of over 75 million customers in more than 140 countries.

I've created this thread for user discussion of the announcement. We will be be monitoring and answering any questions we can.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @MikeP

Thanks for your post!  

For us, we’re continuing to keep our customers at the heart of everything we do, we’re keeping the same team that develops and supports WHMCS in place and will continue to deliver the high-quality product you have come to expect.  What you will notice as part of this is we’ll be able to deliver even better software & user experiences not just to our direct customers like yourself but also your customers.  It’s an exciting opportunity for us to deliver an enhanced and seamless integration across cPanel, Plesk & SolusVM.  So for now, it’s business as usual and our team are working away on the next release for WHMCS v7.8 and looking ahead to other enhancements we can bring to you as part of this new exciting chapter

WebPros seems to be a group started by the Oakley Capital group - they've essentially purchased cPanel, Plesk, and now WHMCS, and have merged them all together. They effectively have a monopoly in the hosting industry.

What does this mean? Most companies acquired by venture capital firms tend to focus on maximizing profit at all costs, like we are seeing now with cPanel. cPanel just switched to per-account pricing which has resulted in an enormous increase in costs for almost all hosting providers. They could care less about delivering a "high-quality product" - all they are about is milking as much money as they can from these companies (ultimately running them into the ground).

If you're a current WHMCS customer, I think this means you should be afraid. Very afraid. Considering the dramatic pricing change they just made with cPanel - despite all the customer protest - it's likely only a matter of time before they start looking at doing the same with WHMCS. Luckily we have some lead time here unlike with cPanel, and I would strongly suggest people start investigating other billing platforms.

Hi @gei,

Thank you for your post, we welcome all feedback from our customers.  I can confirm that at this time, there are no plans to make changes to our pricing model.  I would note however, WHMCS made the transition to Client Count based pricing 2 years ago, well prior to the acquisition by WebPros.

I certainly appreciate today’s cPanel announcement has raised some questions, whilst, however, this announcement has no impact to the WHMCS Licensing model our team remains committed to bringing you a high-quality web hosting automation platform now and into the future.

Oh... really.... ?

The Vulture Capital also purchased you? ....  come on.... 😨

This is the end of the web hosting as we know it .... 

In a few years, they will be earning a %, like a TAX of all and every client you have.... maybe of every email account... domain... or byte of bandwidth you transfer.

Very disappointed of this "Good News"  yesterday, I got the worse news I ever had in the last 18 years I am working with hosting, that is ... Vulture Capitals get in the business.

• 1 year later...
On 6/27/2019 at 6:53 PM, gei said:

If you're a current WHMCS customer, I think this means you should be afraid. Very afraid. Considering the dramatic pricing change they just made with cPanel - despite all the customer protest - it's likely only a matter of time before they start looking at doing the same with WHMCS. Luckily we have some lead time here unlike with cPanel, and I would strongly suggest people start investigating other billing platforms.

This finally came true today and the Vulture Capital firm showed its true colors.

On 9/07/2019 at 2:07 PM, cascompany said:

Oh... really.... ?

The Vulture Capital also purchased you? ....  come on.... 😨

This is the end of the web hosting as we know it .... 

In a few years, they will be earning a %, like a TAX of all and every client you have.... maybe of every email account... domain... or byte of bandwidth you transfer.

Very disappointed of this "Good News"  yesterday, I got the worse news I ever had in the last 18 years I am working with hosting, that is ... Vulture Capitals get in the business.

@cascompanycalled it spot on.

On 6/28/2019 at 2:53 AM, gei said:

WebPros seems to be a group started by the Oakley Capital group - they've essentially purchased cPanel, Plesk, and now WHMCS, and have merged them all together. They effectively have a monopoly in the hosting industry.

What does this mean? Most companies acquired by venture capital firms tend to focus on maximizing profit at all costs, like we are seeing now with cPanel. cPanel just switched to per-account pricing which has resulted in an enormous increase in costs for almost all hosting providers. They could care less about delivering a "high-quality product" - all they are about is milking as much money as they can from these companies (ultimately running them into the ground).

Fortune Teller  !!

On 6/27/2019 at 7:53 PM, gei said:

Less than 2 years later you called it. I expected this at some point, but not this soon.

• 1 month later...