Domain syncing is performed in batches. When defined in your module, the Sync function will be called for 50 domains on a rolling basis each time the domain sync cron is invoked. Once all domains assigned to your module have been synced it will start from

KaiS

Can somebody tell exactly how domains are selected for the sync cron? The documentation at https://developers.whmcs.com/domain-registrars/domain-syncing/ states:

Domain syncing is performed in batches. When defined in your module, the Sync function will be called for 50 domains on a rolling basis each time the domain sync cron is invoked. Once all domains assigned to your module have been synced it will start from the beginning again.

I don't like to enable "Sync Next Due Date", due to some complications with my registrar module and the fact how we invoice our customers.

But from my observation it seems that domains are only synced if they are close to their "due date", is that correct?

Edited by KaiS

6 minutes ago, KaiS said:

But from my observation it seems that domains are only synced if they are close to their "due date", is that correct?

if memory serves, they are just synced in domain ID order... and unrelated to expiry dates... though maybe that has changed in recent versions - though I don't use Domain Syncing.

• WHMCS Developer
3 hours ago, KaiS said:

But expired domains are not included in the cron?

That is correct. Only Active domains are included. There is no way to change the WHMCS supplied cron to sync expired domains. You could however update the domains status and then the sync will obtain the data for you.

i'd recommend periodically checking your expired domains, either via clients -> domain registrations and filtering for "Expired", or by running the Domains report.... if you spot any that are expired that shouldn't be, you can change their status to Active and they would then be available to the domain sync script to synchronise.