Resellerclub LogicBoxes Domain Expiry Expiration not Synchronizing

Hey all. Have a question about domain names and the sync cron. Many of my domains are in ResellerClub and none of the domain expiration dates sync. I used to get notifications in the cron emails and since the last update. I'm using WHMCS 7.10.2

Is there something I may have missed? In my email I get (thedomainname): In Sync but that's it. Some show expired in WHMS but they aren't in ResellerClub.

Thanks in advance for pointing me in a direction to get this working. I've searched all over for answers. TY.

Thanks for the reply. However, I did check those settings and try a few things, nothing. I attached image.

I did get a response back from support which was:

With the serpated Domain Sync Cron, This cron is only required in 7.5 and earlier. It should be removed in 7.6 and above. If you are finding that this is not working for you please login to your admin area, navigate to Setup > General Settings > Other then tick display errors and log errors, once done please login to your servers terminal window, run the cron with -F all -vvv the end

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

So turn on display errors in WHMCS and add -F all -vv to the end? Further questions? lol. I'm confused.

I want the sync to update the expiration dates of my domains. I already told the support tech that I have the latest WHMCS installed so I'm not sure why he mentioned 7.5 and 7.6 because I'm using the new, updated cron folder cron.php using the settings in WHMCS. Am I supposed to use the DomainSync cron? 

“screenshot” 2020-07-17 at 1.58.42 PM.jpg

OK, managed to force the cron and here's what it did:

Executing Application Queue
---------------------------

0/35 [░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]   0% < 1 sec/< 1 sec 20.0 MiB
 Currency Exchange Rates
  1/35 [░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]   2%  1 sec/35 secs 20.0 MiB
 Product Pricing Updates
  2/35 [▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]   5%  1 sec/18 secs 20.0 MiB
 Tenant Usage Metrics
  3/35 [▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]   8% 3 secs/35 secs 22.0 MiB
 Invoices
  4/35 [▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  11% 4 secs/35 secs 22.0 MiB
 Late Fees
  5/35 [▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  14% 5 secs/35 secs 22.0 MiB
 Credit Card Charges
  6/35 [▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  17% 5 secs/29 secs 22.0 MiB
 Invoice & Overdue Reminders
  7/35 [▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  20% 6 secs/30 secs 24.0 MiB
 Domain Renewal Notices
  8/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  22% 6 secs/26 secs 24.0 MiB
 Cancellation Requests
  9/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  25% 7 secs/27 secs 24.0 MiB
 Overdue Suspensions
 10/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  28% 7 secs/25 secs 24.0 MiB
 Overdue Terminations
 11/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  31% 8 secs/25 secs 24.0 MiB
 Fixed Term Terminations
 12/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  34% 9 secs/26 secs 24.0 MiB
 Inactive Tickets
 13/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  37% 10 secs/27 secs 24.0 MiB
 Prune Ticket Attachments
 14/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  40% 10 secs/25 secs 24.0 MiB
 Delayed Affiliate Commissions
 15/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  42% 11 secs/26 secs 24.0 MiB
 Affiliate Reports
 16/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  45% 11 secs/24 secs 24.0 MiB
 Email Marketer Rules
 17/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  48% 12 secs/25 secs 24.0 MiB
 Credit Card Expiry Notices
 18/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  51% 12 secs/23 secs 24.0 MiB
 SSL Sync

19/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░]  54% 2 mins/3 mins 24.0 MiB
 Server Usage Stats
 20/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░]  57% 2 mins/3 mins 24.0 MiB
 Overage Billing Charges
 21/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░]  60% 2 mins/3 mins 24.0 MiB
 Client Status Update
 22/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░]  62% 2 mins/3 mins 24.0 MiB
 Domain Expiry
 23/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░]  65% 2 mins/3 mins 24.0 MiB
 Ticket Escalation Rules
 24/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░]  68% 2 mins/3 mins 24.0 MiB
 Data Retention Pruning
 25/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░]  71% 2 mins/3 mins 24.0 MiB
 Update Server Usage
 26/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░]  74% 2 mins/3 mins 24.0 MiB
 Update Server Meta Data
 27/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░]  77% 2 mins/2 mins 24.0 MiB
 WHMCS Updates
 28/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░]  80% 2 mins/2 mins 36.0 MiB
 Run Jobs Queue
 29/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░]  82% 2 mins/2 mins 36.0 MiB
 Domain Transfer Status Synchronisation
 30/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░]  85% 2 mins/2 mins 36.0 MiB
 31/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░]  88% 2 mins/2 mins 36.0 MiB
 32/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░]  91% 2 mins/2 mins 36.0 MiB
 Domain Status Syncronisation
 33/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░]  94% 2 mins/2 mins 40.5 MiB
 34/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░]  97% 3 mins/3 mins 40.5 MiB
 35/35 [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓] 100% 3 mins/3 mins 40.5 MiB

So with this new system of having only one cron, do I have to put -F all -vvv at the end of the cron and leave it like that? Weird.

15 hours ago, tldagent said:

I already told the support tech that I have the latest WHMCS installed so I'm not sure why he mentioned 7.5 and 7.6 because I'm using the new, updated cron folder cron.php using the settings in WHMCS

possibly he saw that you were a long-standing user, e.g you used it when there was a separate cron for syncing, and was just covering bases to ensure that you were no longer using it.

how often does your cron currently run ?

On 7/18/2020 at 6:50 AM, brian! said:

possibly he saw that you were a long-standing user, e.g you used it when there was a separate cron for syncing, and was just covering bases to ensure that you were no longer using it.

how often does your cron currently run ?

How often a cron runs doesn't matter in this case. It's not working to synchronize domain expirations. Once I have it working then I'll set the cron to run as often as needed.

On 7/19/2020 at 10:18 AM, EvolveWebHosting said:

No you don't have to put -F all -vvv at the end of the cron job. See this page: https://docs.whmcs.com/Cron_Configuration

Thanks. I've been to that page you sent many times. If you look above, the cron is running. It's just not synchronizing domain expirations. Appreciate the response but I've already searched high and low and went through all the documentation on this. I was hoping someone experienced the same issue and might have some insight as to what it is.

4 minutes ago, yggdrasil said:

How many domains do you have? If I remember correctly, it runs on batches, per XX number of domains, so it might not sync all of them in one cron run.

precisely - it's 50 domains per cron run... so if the cron is only running once per day, and none of those 50 domains are under RC...

now if the sync is returning incorrect results, then that's really a matter for your ticket with Support.

I have 55 domains in ResellerClub. It's NOT syncing ANY domains and support has been in there for a while now and they aren't much help with this one so far. They just fixed the cron to run again and NOT do the same thing it wasn't doing.

Anyone have another solution? Anything I could look at? Should I reinstall the entire WHMCS? What would prevent domain names expiration from being updated?

Edited by tldagent

Solved - OK, we have it figured out. As the domains weren't syncing. many of them became "Inactive". So once the domains were Inactive, they wouldn't sync. After manually going through 55 domains to update the expiry and turn them to "active" the sync worked.

Feature Request - If it's using the same registry, synchronizing should happen on any and all domains with the API. If the domain didn't sync previously and became expired or inactive, it should still sync that specific domain to be accurate whether it was renewed on WHMCS or with the Registrar.

1 hour ago, tldagent said:

Solved - OK, we have it figured out. As the domains weren't syncing. many of them became "Inactive". So once the domains were Inactive, they wouldn't sync. After manually going through 55 domains to update the expiry and turn them to "active" the sync worked.

Feature Request - If it's using the same registry, synchronizing should happen on any and all domains with the API. If the domain didn't sync previously and became expired or inactive, it should still sync that specific domain to be accurate whether it was renewed on WHMCS or with the Registrar.

There is no Inactive state for domains on WHMCS. Do you maybe mean Pending or Cancelled?

All domains in the same registry will be synchronized, that is how WHMCS works right now. And yes, it will sync all active domains, pending transfer, expired, etc. If a domain was expired and then it was renewed, it should sync that and change back the status.

Edited by yggdrasil

7 minutes ago, yggdrasil said:

There is no Inactive state for domains on WHMCS. Do you maybe mean Pending or Cancelled?

All domains in the same registry will be synchronized, that is how WHMCS works right now. And yes, it will sync all active domains, pending transfer, expired, etc. If a domain was expired and then it was renewed, it should sync that and change back the status.

OK, so maybe it was Expired that they were under. I had to make them all "Active".

Here's what support wrote:

That can happen if the domain sync cron was not working earlier for some reason. As the domain expiry status is updated by the cron, it does not depend on the Domain Sync cron to update the status of expired domains (i.e. domains with expiry dates in the past). Now that there is only single cron running, it should not happen in future once you fix the existing affected domains.

47 minutes ago, tldagent said:

OK, so maybe it was Expired that they were under. I had to make them all "Active".

Here's what support wrote:

WHMCS will sync expired domains as far as I know, setting them back to Active and updating the new expiration date. It will not sync domains set to Cancelled, but this state is not something WHMCS sets or uses. It's a status that has to be changed manually on your WHMCS. If your domains had the Cancelled state, then sure, they will not sync but that means someone with access to your WHMCS installation manually changed every domain to Cancelled, as WHMCS will never change domains to that status.