Dashboard Income corrections - Test Transactions

Johanis

Hey All,

I needed to test my stripe payment gateway so I put it in test mode and put in the test api keys and I ran a bunch of transactions. Once I saw the payments were coming through  and everything was good I first canceled the orders and then I deleted them.

Well on the dashboard it still shows the fake income from those transactions as income for the day/month and it throws off the balance. Ive already canceled and deleted those transactions which i  thought would correct the dashboard income info too. Anyone know how I can fix that?

Screenshot 2022-04-02 at 05-44-17 WHMCS - Dashboard.png

There's been a lot of issues with the stripe gateway in whmcs - usually my advice of asking support is done in jest but on this occasion as they've meddled with recently (I believe) they may be the people to ask - I didn't update for a while so unsure if I'd be of assistance there - from an accounting POV you should keep all transactions but that would not included false test transactions so I doubt that's the case 

Most POS (point of sale, don't get angry guys) software allow a full test mode rather than merging the two and running test cards or test keys so I'm not sure as to why it's a thing here 

9 hours ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

There's been a lot of issues with the stripe gateway in whmcs - usually my advice of asking support is done in jest but on this occasion as they've meddled with recently (I believe) they may be the people to ask - I didn't update for a while so unsure if I'd be of assistance there - from an accounting POV you should keep all transactions but that would not included false test transactions so I doubt that's the case 

Most POS (point of sale, don't get angry guys) software allow a full test mode rather than merging the two and running test cards or test keys so I'm not sure as to why it's a thing here 

Thanks for the reply.. I just knew their would be a trivial fix to this but maybe not. Ultimately I had issues with stripe after a missed template change that had gone unnoticed after whmcs updated a while back.  If I find a fix to this dashboard issue I will post it here but so far no joy.

Had I still been planning to use whmcs long term I'd probably have a newer install to test what will break upon update, sadly we have stopped bothering as a lot of community have also done so! 

Aside from a couple of nice guys here, your best bet would be support or if its still non-production just start afresh or roll back to an old db backup! 

I do have access to a 8.3.2 dev installation but it's a job for a client so I don't want to start testing on that 😝 You'll probably find support will say it works as intended if I had to guess but I disagree with some cases of that particular statements use 😉 

5 hours ago, Bigol'tastynuggets said:

Had I still been planning to use whmcs long term I'd probably have a newer install to test what will break upon update, sadly we have stopped bothering as a lot of community have also done so! 

Aside from a couple of nice guys here, your best bet would be support or if its still non-production just start afresh or roll back to an old db backup! 

I do have access to a 8.3.2 dev installation but it's a job for a client so I don't want to start testing on that 😝 You'll probably find support will say it works as intended if I had to guess but I disagree with some cases of that particular statements use 😉 

Yeah I have a feeling that support will say that too. Ill consider a db rollback. Wish there was another way..

On 4/2/2022 at 8:53 AM, Johanis said:

Hey All,

I needed to test my stripe payment gateway so I put it in test mode and put in the test api keys and I ran a bunch of transactions. Once I saw the payments were coming through  and everything was good I first canceled the orders and then I deleted them.

Well on the dashboard it still shows the fake income from those transactions as income for the day/month and it throws off the balance. Ive already canceled and deleted those transactions which i  thought would correct the dashboard income info too. Anyone know how I can fix that?

Screenshot 2022-04-02 at 05-44-17 WHMCS - Dashboard.png

Did you try hitting the refresh button on that? The stats on the dashboard are cached and they will not reflect the latest changes.