Avoiding PHP Smarty

mfoland

Hello,

I made a Square Gateway, which is in the Marketplace. The issue right now, is it's coded with PHP, and has to rely on allowing it to run with the php smarty tags, which aren't recommended. Is there an alternative way to avoid Smarty PHP tags?

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, mfoland said:

The issue right now, is it's coded with PHP, and has to rely on allowing it to run with the php smarty tags, which aren't recommended. Is there an alternative way to avoid Smarty PHP tags?

yes - either do it in PHP (e.g hooks) or Smarty in the templates... never using {php} in the templates. naughty.gif

1 minute ago, brian! said:

I think it has to be called hooks.php - but there's nothing to stop you encoding it to protect your code.

@brian! My thing is what are the odds of someone wanting to develop some hooks after purchasing my module and then they overwrite hooks.php then the hooks are gone lol. See my dilemma lol

That is only for addon modules and maybe server modules (don't recall right off) but gateway modules aren't setup the same way unfortunately and so any hooks you need for an actual gateway module in the gateways folder need to go in to the includes/hooks folder.   So did you do an actual gateway module or an addon module for Square? 

In your hooks.php include custom_hooks.php if custom_hooks.php file exists.

This way if someone wants to add additional hooks he can simply create custom_hooks.php that will be automatically included by your encoded hooks.php.

Edited by Kian

On 3/21/2019 at 1:29 PM, steven99 said:

That is only for addon modules and maybe server modules (don't recall right off) but gateway modules aren't setup the same way unfortunately and so any hooks you need for an actual gateway module in the gateways folder need to go in to the includes/hooks folder.   So did you do an actual gateway module or an addon module for Square? 

I did! It's for Square, and I'm working on making it not use the smarty tags. I'm new to hooks, so this part is new to me.