php/ioncube Issues: Encoding Compatibility Unknown

waltr100

Hello,

I’m trying to use a suite of WHMCS/WordPress integration plugins called WHMpress. Sadly I've run into some issues and the developer support is subpar so, I'm looking to you guys to hopefully help me. The plugins communicate with WHMCS  via a module addon. This is the where all of the issues stem from.

This is the error I see under the PHP Version Compatibility page for two files (modules/addons/whmpress/library.php and modules/addons/whmpress/whmp_functions.php):

• Files encoded using the V9 or V10 encoder (without bundling) cannot be differentiated and it is therefore not possible for us to confirm compatibility. If the files were obtained prior to March 2018, it is likely that they are encoded using ionCube V9 or earlier, and will not be compatible with the selected PHP version. We recommend contacting the original vendor to confirm file compatibility before upgrading.

This is the error I see under the error logs:

• Error: Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: The file /home2/rws28837/rws.richtopco.com/modules/addons/whmpress/whmp_functions.php encoded as type [1/71] cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader. in Unknown:0 Stack trace: #0 /home2/rws28837/rws.richtopco.com/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Utility/Error/Run.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleError(16, 'The file /home2...', 'Unknown', 0) #1 [internal function]: WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleShutdown() #2 {main}

I'm using a shared hosting server so I don't have root access. My sites are using php7.4 and ionCube24 v10.4.5. If I update to a newer version of php then the ioncube loader is outdated and I get an error screen while trying to access my WHMCS admin page. Can I do anything to fix this?

Thanks for any help!

The WHMpress plugin can be safely removed from WHMCS. It's only purpose, really, is to redirect people to your WordPress page . You can still use the WHMpress features in WordPress (package listing , ordering, even the account stuff) directly from the Wordpress page. The only thing that this plugin for WHMCS does is force individuals to use thw WP site.