After upgrading to 7.5 it takes 19 (!) seconds to open domain registration page

Hello WHMCS people,

I need some urgent help actually. After upgrading to WHMCS 7.5, it takes 19 seconds (!) to open a domain registration page as

https://www.domain.x/cart.php?a=add&domain=register

I've tried from several browsers etc. No mods or add-ons. Default template and default order form.

Running PHP 7.0 with all valid ion loaders etc.

Any idea?

Please assist.

2 hours ago, onliner said:

I need some urgent help actually. After upgrading to WHMCS 7.5, it takes 19 seconds (!) to open a domain registration page as

are you talking about just opening the page? so you aren't even searching yet, just loading the opening domain search page??

6 minutes ago, onliner said:

Correct. The searching for domain itself is very fast.

that's strange... off the top of my head, the first thing would be if you had a lot of TLDs, the domain pricing matrix may slow it down - but not to the extent of 19 seconds... just tried it on my v7.5 dev and it was a couple of seconds.

you could try changing the PHP version and see if that helps.

2 minutes ago, brian! said:

you could try changing the PHP version and see if that helps.

I have same amount of TLDs as before the upgrade. Will try to use different PHP version. Will also try to disable the pricing matrix, if possible.

9 minutes ago, onliner said:

I have same amount of TLDs as before the upgrade. Will try to use different PHP version. Will also try to disable the pricing matrix, if possible.

what about other aspects of the cart - transfers, products etc... any slowness with them or is the issue only with loading the domain register page?

3 minutes ago, brian! said:

what about other aspects of the cart - transfers, products etc... any slowness with them or is the issue only with loading the domain register page?

Register a New Domain and Transfer in a Domain seems only to have this problem.

index.php and other cart pages loads under 2 seconds. It is definitely something with domain pages. The Domain Transfer page doesn't have pricing matrix, so it seems to be something else?

9 minutes ago, onliner said:

Register a New Domain and Transfer in a Domain seems only to have this problem.

index.php and other cart pages loads under 2 seconds. It is definitely something with domain pages. The Domain Transfer page doesn't have pricing matrix, so it seems to be something else?

yeah that's why I asked.. domain pricing was an outside bet, though the transfer page could use the pricing matrix if you wanted it to as the arrays are all there.... WHMCS just decided not to add it to the transfer page by default.

14 minutes ago, onliner said:

Or - a folder permission problem? Domain related, but I'm using the default Six Template and Premium Comparison.

try switching to Modern and that might tell you if it's an issue with standard_cart...

5 minutes ago, onliner said:

Btw, every file in tmp folder now ends with a '_0' like:

same here (part from a debug file)... so I don't think it can be that... it did it in previous versions too.

25 minutes ago, onliner said:

No change.

strange - I would have thought it would just be faster...

14 minutes ago, onliner said:

Is it possible to disable the pricing matrix from admin side?

no.

15 minutes ago, onliner said:

Or do I need to comment a line in the configureproductdomain.tpl file?

to hide it, you'd have to disable/remove a whole block of code... to null the pricing array would require a hook.

1 minute ago, onliner said:

I'll roll back to the previous version and try to upgrade again, or manually.

try d/l the full v7.5 zip file first from WHMCS, and then upload the vendor folder again, plus templates and see if that fixes it.

11 hours ago, brian! said:

try d/l the full v7.5 zip file first from WHMCS, and then upload the vendor folder again, plus templates and see if that fixes it.

Did that. No change. No options. I guess I'll need to roll back to 7.4.2 instead until this is fixed. 

Wondering if this performance issues after upgrading to 7.5 should be considered as an issue, bug or similar? Maybe it is something related to server config, but wouldn't the previous WHMCS version have such problems as well? Any idea on how to get WHMCS developers to look into it?

Add this to the configuration.php file and give it a try:

$disable_hook_loading = true;

If this resolves your issue, then the culprit is a hook you have in /includes/hooks/ or in any module folder (addons, servers, registrars, gateways) or in /modules/widgets/

6 hours ago, onliner said:

Wondering if this performance issues after upgrading to 7.5 should be considered as an issue, bug or similar? Maybe it is something related to server config, but wouldn't the previous WHMCS version have such problems as well?

oh no - each new version brings their own new bugs to the table.. it's one of the many joys of using WHMCS. 9_9

6 hours ago, onliner said:

Any idea on how to get WHMCS developers to look into it?

in theory, you've already done it by posting here in the v7.5 community.. they usually reply to threads in here.... failing that, try opening a ticket with Support.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @onliner,

This isn't something I can reproduce at our end. I'd suggest disabling after-market action hooks per imaticon's post.

If the issue persists, I'd be interested to see if there's something specific to your data causing this behaviour. In which case a copy of your tbldomainpricing and tblpricing tables would facilitate that.

We also observed this after the upgrade to v7.5.0 and even though we have relatively resolved it as to deal with the huge CPU spike when the domain registration page is visited, it is still not fast as it used to be.

There are a couple of things you could try server-side.

First, if you are using cPanel, first disable or remove or reinstall  mod_http2 and see if the issue persists.

Secondly, if you have the new mod-cpanel compiled, disable or remove it to see if that will stabilize the server.

Check your error_log(s) after each of these steps.

8 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

In which case a copy of your tbldomainpricing and tblpricing tables would facilitate that.

If needed, where to submit them? I can't open a support ticket as I'm using a reseller provided WHMCS license.

Update.

Installing/upgrading with a full v7.5 WHMCS installation over my v7.4.2 data base, without any third-part addon modules or hooks, gives 19.2 seconds loading of https://www.domain.x/cart.php?a=add&domain=register

loading.PNG

Edited by onliner
wrong image