OpenSRS PRO shows a blank page

I am new to WHMCS and so I am not sure I have the same problem via installation, but I am having the Blank Screen when I try to place/complete an order to for domain names. I am using OpenSRS' Domain Pro module to connect to OpenSRS. When I try to add OpenSRSPro or complete and order it just hangs and I am told this blank screen is a PHP issue. I am wondering if deleting the above php files will help me or if the above advice is only good for the upgrade mentioned above.

I tried to turn on error reporting and reproduce the error so I can get a better idea what the error is, but it still is going to blank screen. I am not getting any error reporting in the module either. I am not sure what else to check. Any tips would be appreciated.

I originally used the WHMCS OpenSRS module, but I was having the blank screen and also I was getting an error like… 110 bad socket connection. After playing with both the WHMCS version of OpenSRS and the OpenSRS DomainPro tool I was not able to get either to work and I tried several things all day yesterday. Granted, I am not a super techy guy (meaning I do not program php (or similar) from scratch), but I have been setting up and using tools in this space for a long time. I seem to be getting the run around from my hosting tech support and OpenSRS.

I can not seem to create and log errors for this, but thought someone here may have ran into the same thing. I was under the impression the blank screen was a php issue and not a conflict of either of the domain registrars modules I was trying to use. Am I wrong?

On 6/7/2018 at 14:53, Brandwise said:

I originally used the WHMCS OpenSRS module, but I was having the blank screen and also I was getting an error like… 110 bad socket connection. After playing with both the WHMCS version of OpenSRS and the OpenSRS DomainPro tool I was not able to get either to work and I tried several things all day yesterday. Granted, I am not a super techy guy (meaning I do not program php (or similar) from scratch), but I have been setting up and using tools in this space for a long time. I seem to be getting the run around from my hosting tech support and OpenSRS.

did you check out the documentation about OpenSRS... :?:

https://docs.whmcs.com/OpenSRS

Blank Response or Connection Error Message
This is commonly caused by the port numbers that the OpenSRS API operates on being blocked by your server's firewall. The ports used in communication to the API are 55443 and 55000 so need to be opened for both inbound and outbound connections.

if you were using the standard OpenSRS module, you should also be able to contact WHMCS Support for support too... though they'd probably get you to check various settings first with OpenSRS.

On 6/7/2018 at 14:53, Brandwise said:

I can not seem to create and log errors for this, but thought someone here may have ran into the same thing. I was under the impression the blank screen was a php issue and not a conflict of either of the domain registrars modules I was trying to use. Am I wrong?

there could be multiple reasons for a blank screen... enabling errors might give you a clue..

https://docs.whmcs.com/Blank_or_Partially_Rendered_Pages

it wouldn't surprise me that OpenSRS Domains Pro would give errors, but the default module shouldn't.

Thanks, Brian! I reviewed the WHMCS/OPENSRS link you shared and I think everything set up and I doublechecked on the PHP version and that is good. The one thing I have not confirmed yet is opening the ports on my hosting (55443 and 55000). My host has been giving me trouble opening these up (for security purposes). OpenSRS makes it sound like this is a mandatory thing, is that correct? Is there any way to get my host to just open these up? Is there a security plugin, app or something that would make sure this is not an open hole to get hacked or whatever the issue might be with this sort of thing? Keep in mind I am new to this so I have no idea the issues this could cause, but I should be able to just say… "open up port 55443 and 55000" and my host does it, right?

WSA, thanks for the tip on modulesgarden.com. I will look into talking to them next if I am still having problems.

15 hours ago, Brandwise said:

OpenSRS makes it sound like this is a mandatory thing, is that correct?

it's mandatory in the sense that if you don't do it, WHMCS can't communicate with OpenSRS (and vice versa) - therefore, it's absolutely critical and it probably explains why you can't get this to work too. :957_heavy_check_mark:

Is there any way to get my host to just open these up?

threatening to take your hosting elsewhere if they don't ?

Is there a security plugin, app or something that would make sure this is not an open hole to get hacked or whatever the issue might be with this sort of thing?

that sort of thing is best left to the hosting company to handle.

Keep in mind I am new to this so I have no idea the issues this could cause, but I should be able to just say… "open up port 55443 and 55000" and my host does it, right?

they should - but perhaps they've never hosted anyone using WHMCS, or similar, that needed to interact with OpenSRS in this way. :?:

in my experience, it's perfectly normal to ask a host to open these two ports (and I can't think of a hosting company that has refused me when asked) - though, they are their servers and they're within their rights to refuse such requests if they feel there is a security risk... under those circumstances, if you can't change their mind, then you may need to host WHMCS elsewhere, or use a different registrar (as I think only OpenSRS use those two ports).