renewal will increase from $44.95 to $99.95 ?

rashe18

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Allow me to clarify how Support & Updates for owned licences operates;

Support & Updates does not need to be active on an owned licence in order to access the admin area. Provided they were active on the day the version was released you may use that version indefinitely.

If a Security Release (TSR) was made, that would be available free even if your Support & Updates are currently expired, provided it was active on the day of the previous Maintenance Release.

EG. You would be able to use v5.3.9 (Security Release) even if your Support & Updates expired after the release date of v5.3.8 (Maintenance Release).

Admin access would only be restricted if you upgraded to a Major, Feature or Maintenance Release version which was released after Support & Updates expired.

Hope that helps!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Admin access would only be restricted if you upgraded to a Major, Maintenance or Feature Release version which was released after Support & Updates expired.

so either way you are stuck on the previous version, and if you had a second license with the updates paid you could not update that one owned license because it does not have the support and updates activated.

I don't see the option to choose more than one year.

You can buy it again and again until you have the desired amount of years you would like to renew. :) I think that's a fair deal from WHMCS and I'm definitely going to renew for another 3 years from now.

On the other hand WHMCS is a very cheap and good product in the same time. When I need to contact one of my partners with a priority ticket I usually pay 25-60$ for a single ticket. Also we have to admit that WHMCS support is very good. Last thing: we are all hosting providers so I don't think that 50$/yr should be a problem. I find really strange that some people are starting to consider to change platform for 50$ when moving from a system to another is a lot more expensive.

p.s. I'm using WHMCS since 2008/2009.

I have to agree. I always felt that $44.95 was too cheap for a year's support and updates and, in IMHO, it's unrealistic to expect to pay $44.95 per annum for 8 years with no price increases.

It's vital for me that WHMCS is strong for the future and I will be watching closely to make sure that they live up to this statement made in their email:

"We are making a significant investment in both staff and behind the scenes technologies as we look to enhance the capability and automation WHMCS provides, and significantly accelerate the speed with which we're able to deliver changes. We look forward to demonstrating the benefits of these changes over the coming weeks and months."

Then they should charger maybe 49.99 or $59.99 but not double the price. IF they charger $49.99 / $59.99 peoples will still renew or dont leave like i be hear now

Ok but it's up to them. For sure they have valid reasons to ask for a specific amount of money. I truly don't want to offend anyone but I find really strange that are so many hosting providers complaining about 50$/yr and thinking about switching to another system. It's 0.14$ per day for the best product available on the market that allows you to boost your business :| How is possible that your business is so fragile and susceptible to a small change like this one? Please notice that I'm not specifically talking to you. Let me say this again: I don't want to offend anyone. I'm just trying to understand why this price change is so bad for so many people. I would like to know the reasons and eventually I can also change my mind. I'm not a fanboy :-P

Ok but it's up to them. For sure they have valid reasons to ask for a specific amount of money. I truly don't want to offend anyone but I find really strange that are so many hosting providers complaining about 50$/yr and thinking about switching to another system. It's 0.14$ per day for the best product available on the market that allows you to boost your business :| How is possible that your business is so fragile and susceptible to a small change like this one? Please notice that I'm not specifically talking to you. Let me say this again: I don't want to offend anyone. I'm just trying to understand why this price change is so bad for so many people. I would like to know the reasons and eventually I can also change my mind. I'm not a fanboy :-P

While WHMCS was originally designed for web hosting, it's far outgrown that now. I don't sell any hosting but I use it to invoice and bill clients, sell licensed software, etc. At this new price, it's cost prohibitive for me to continue using it (and getting updates).

Not to mention the fact that they sold the product with the understanding that it's $44.95 per year to get support and updates, and they're now going back on what they sold.

Not to mention the fact that they sold the product with the understanding that it's $44.95 per year to get support and updates, and they're now going back on what they sold.

out of curiosity, did they say that it would remain at that price forever?

Well, I'm a paying customer since September last year. While signing up, I understood they're asking $44.95/year for updates & support. Right at this time, not even one year later, they're doubling the price. This is unacceptable in my opinion, since I'm a new customer and still trying to reach more and more customers into my (starting) business. I'm sure I can pay WHMCS $99.- bucks a year without making loss. But it is still a lot of money for starting companies.

Not to forget to mention I'm not sure wether WHMCS is going to double the price next year, the year after and so on... what's WHMCS official statement about this?

out of curiosity, did they say that it would remain at that price forever?

No. They're not going back on any legal agreements or anything, but there's an understanding that when a product is sold and advertised that support+updates will be renewable at $44.95 per year, it won't arbitrarily increase.

I have to agree. I always felt that $44.95 was too cheap for a year's support and updates and, in IMHO, it's unrealistic to expect to pay $44.95 per annum for 8 years with no price increases.

Except that is very much the nature of the hosting business. I don't know about anyone else, but our hosting plan prices are pretty much the same as they were in 2005 when WHMCS was founded. We have never had a price increase on hosting or domains, all packages contain much more and some things have been reduced in price. Despite that we still frequently find ourselves uncompetitive and will likely have to reduce prices this year (note: we are not a budget provider competing solely on price).

Against that backdrop any increase, not least one of 125% or so, deserves a lot of scrutiny as it comes straight out of our pockets; it's not something we can pass on. My limited experience with support has been pretty poor value for money at $44.95, and while there is plenty of room to make it 125% better I fear it won't be.

It is disappointing the price rise email is carefully worded to promise absolutely nothing.

It is my experience the higher the ongoing fees, the lower the return e.g. Gravity Forms and CPANEL had awesome, innovative features in their early years and have worked as at snail's pace ever since.

I have been using WHMCS for over 6 years now, and when I received this email the first thing I thought was, "it's time to find a new billing manager".

This increase is too much. It took how long to get an iPhone update and then try and suggest that support will get better and things overall will get better, I find this very hard to believe!

This increase is a money grab, and existing customers should be locked in at the price at initial registration/order.

Hi Kian,

Its not just $50 thats the problem, its $50 here and $2.00 there and $15.00 over there. What i mean is that its not just WHMCS, all of our suppliers which we depend on are raising prices, not just WHMCS, but registrars are offering less free, certs are getting more expensive and cover less, and it goes on and on. So the little guy is as someone said is pretty much being eliminated slowly from this business and the little guys are the ones that buy the modules and the software and who should be WHMCS main gravy train.

You say we cant handle a $50 increase well for most of us thats 1 customer a year for a basic package. So now we have to write off another customer as not for profit, when will it end. I totally agree with what someone said that this should be for new customers not current customers. Current customers should be grandfathered in and be able to keep their same rate. Otherwise i am going to have to just start updating every other year instead of everyyear in order to even the cost. There is such a thing as client loyalty regardless of what the legal contract says, and loyalty should include keeping the rate as is for current clients.

There are some in this business that do well, and you can thank your lucky stars for that. But remember there are probably more of us right on the break even point and bearly surviving as is and this just puts us over the top.

What i would like to know is what do we get for this:

"We are making a significant investment in both staff and behind the scenes technologies as we look to enhance the capability and automation WHMCS provides, and significantly accelerate the speed with which we're able to deliver changes. We look forward to demonstrating the benefits of these changes over the coming weeks and months."

I would like more specifics, do we get a better module selling system with easy updates for our clients and a whole new automated system to make selling modules easier and less time consuming. Lets face it, most of us if we truely calculated the time it takes to do all the things we need to do to sell modules, it costs more to sell them then not. So do we get a new automated system for this money which includes vetting modules? What exactly are we getting i ask?

Yep , I agree

Another thing to look at, "WHMCS proudly announce the release of V6" , which is probably timed for release as the renewal increases. I can see it now when logging in, thanks for installing our latest and greatest V6 where WHMCS has spent much resources in bringing you this "much needed" update / upgrade, but you need to get you hands in your pocket to enjoy it"

Must be nice to be in a business model where all your clients depend on you so much and you can just double prices at will knowing most of them have no other option but to just sit and take it. Must be really really nice! Enjoy your new financial wealth and hope you can sleep at night with no guilt.

This thread is taking a wrong turn here somewhere and its time to set it right. Offensive posts will always be removed on these forums, the same goes for trouble makers stirring the pot.

If you've got something of value to say, say it. There is zero value in the last few posts and those will end here, now.

On a side note, I went to see Tomorrowland the other night. Great movie! 2 tickets, popcorn, a box of goobers and a tall cool black iced tea, unsweetened, was more than $50 bucks.

Those of you hating on WHMCS (and being over the top offensive on these forums right now) over $50 bucks, might want to reconsider your career choices.

Wow.

Unfortunately you cant compare going to the movies with what we are talking about here. All of us are well aware that groceries and everything in life is getting more expensive, that is no secret. What your talking about InfoPro is a luxury that many of us cant do or wont do because its not a necessity of doing business. Your talking about something that is a choice. Many of us dont have a choice when it comes to WHMCS. What are we suppose to do clear out our savings account to buy another service, go thru all the work to change over to a new service, and everything involved in the switch and have little to no money left over in case of an emergency. That is not a plan. And yes we have every right to complain, we dont have a choice we just have to sit here and change our business plan all the time it seems because we are juggling new expenses every time we turn around its something new. Someone else wants to get rich so guess what the little guys get stuck with it and when i say little guys im talking about all of the 4th and lower tiers in this business. The 1st - 3rd tiers have their own software, their own programmers and their own servers and their own colocations so they are not effected.

Yes i agree some of the comments were a bit "way out there" but what is also "way out there" is that you seem to think you can compare going to the movies to something we have to have, and must have to survive. When i originally bought WHMCS i knew i was getting the best on the market, that is what i was told. I didnt rent it i bought it because i knew it would be a business lifetime partnership. Not knowing how hard the business would end up being in the long run. But lately it does not feel like a partnership at all, it feels like a monopoly in play and a typical corp mentality of "lets squeeze as much as we can out of this while we can and move on to the next squeezable thing".

I dont doubt that everyones prices are going up including WHMCS, but to double this on us is just so wrong in my opinion. And noone has even answered my question as to what we get for this extra fee. How about even a free mug for goodness sake man.

No free mugs for you. You can't make outrageous comments and then put your hand out for a free mug.

You do have a choice here, Dave. Stay in business and keep paying whats required to stay in business, or don't.

That isn't a new choice being forced on you, its the choice anyone in any business makes almost daily.

Your comments here are over the top, whether you see that or not. No free mug for you.