renewal will increase from $44.95 to $99.95 ?

rashe18

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then if you see what little i said as outragious then all is lost. My apology, i thought this was feedback the good and the bad. I shall comment no more...

Oh please. It's not even far enough back in the thread to forget about, Dave.

Must be nice to be in a business model where all your clients depend on you so much and you can just double prices at will knowing most of them have no other option but to just sit and take it. Must be really really nice! Enjoy your new financial wealth and hope you can sleep at night with no guilt.

Concerned about how others sleep at night is not over the top for you?

Save those types of comments for WHT, they don't fit here.

how about you give us back are money we gave you guys because whmcs not getting no ware .

every day we deal with hacker trying to get info out of every ones whmcs is it ever going to stop ????

how is whmcs going to stop theses hacker ???

for one guys wont make any changes that we want and 6.0 is just a face lift

2. any addon programs we have to have made we have to find 3 partys programers to make them you guys want even take the order so were is the trust in that

if am going to pay $100 a year i want changes and updates weekly !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I guess its time to get in a little trouble, OK Never Mind with that, back to the above, Hackers will NEVER stop. and if you think they will then your in for a very rude awakening. There is only 1 true way to stop a hacker, reach down and upplug it from the wall. Yes @$$ Munkees create accounts then go in and change user details to try to inject info into the DB, Surprise WHMCS already stops this from happening, the information gets sanitized. as for weekly updates, Have you lost your ever loving mind? I have may more important things to do than play the catch up game every week. to those that want to whack about the cost going up $50, hollar at me, I will gladly trade you the annual upgrade price of your whmcs for 1 Month of my cell phone Bill

thing is we get no info on whmcs what they are doing to stop it

no FBI and nothing after whmcs got DDOS and hacked and loss $$$$$$$$$$$$$

yes up the price on whmcs for new buyer not guys who all ready paid for the full price years ago.

you know we post to have up to latest version whmcs of what you paid for .

so if your updates expired still have access to old whmcs version files but we get locked out.

Ok I guess its time to get in a little trouble, OK Never Mind with that, back to the above, Hackers will NEVER stop. and if you think they will then your in for a very rude awakening. There is only 1 true way to stop a hacker, reach down and upplug it from the wall. Yes @$$ Munkees create accounts then go in and change user details to try to inject info into the DB, Surprise WHMCS already stops this from happening, the information gets sanitized. as for weekly updates, Have you lost your ever loving mind? I have may more important things to do than play the catch up game every week. to those that want to whack about the cost going up $50, hollar at me, I will gladly trade you the annual upgrade price of your whmcs for 1 Month of my cell phone Bill

- - - Updated - - -

there a lot of thing that need to be done to whmcs be for they upgrade there price

thing is we get no info on whmcs what they are doing to stop it

no FBI and nothing after whmcs got DDOS and hacked and loss $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Im not sure what your going on about

as long as your using a recent version of WHMCS then your safe, what the hell is the FBI ( remember whmcs is a UK Company ) going to do.

Lot of pages ago I said this:

Ok but it's up to them. For sure they have valid reasons to ask for a specific amount of money. I truly don't want to offend anyone but I find really strange that are so many hosting providers complaining about 50$/yr and thinking about switching to another system. It's 0.14$ per day for the best product available on the market that allows you to boost your business :| How is possible that your business is so fragile and susceptible to a small change like this one? Please notice that I'm not specifically talking to you. Let me say this again: I don't want to offend anyone. I'm just trying to understand why this price change is so bad for so many people. I would like to know the reasons and eventually I can also change my mind. I'm not a fanboy :-P

Now after so many posts I still don't get the point of this thread.

I personaly pay 144€/year for every cP + CloudLinux license, 300€/year for every Windows Server license and 384€/year for every Plesk license. I also have access to support & updates. Here we're talking about 88€/year instead of 44€ and it is still cheaper than cPanel, Plesk, Windows etc. Let's face it, objectively 44€ was very cheap. Anyway I'm not pretending to discuss about the price. Let's move on to what I really care to talk about.

Maybe the problem is that lot of years ago we get used to pay a specific amount of money for a DVD with a "finished" software inside and maybe few updates then wait for a new version few years later and repeat this process. Nowadays softwares are more and more SaaS (software as a service). Softwares like WHMCS, cPanel, Plesk etc. change everyday. They're not "finished" or "completed". They require daily updates and a team of developers that work on it every single day. We're not strictly paying for a software but for a service.

As far as I know they (WHMCS) are hiring people from months so I can expect more updates, releases, shorter response time to my tickets etc. so from my point of view they're already investing money to give us a better service. Said that we can't pretend that all this come for free. I can understand that a lot of people never asked for this but they decided to move to an higher level and we have to accept it.

soon the owners key going to cost $800 then $1,200 then $2,400 and so on

look at hostbillapp

Then they should charger maybe 49.99 or $59.99 but not double the price. IF they charger $49.99 / $59.99 peoples will still renew or dont leave like i be hear now

Im not sure what your going on about

as long as your using a recent version of WHMCS then your safe, what the hell is the FBI ( remember whmcs is a UK Company ) going to do.

they are 49% an american company let's not forget that infopro. cpanel owns 49% so technically it does put it into american jurisdiction. also because it has american employees as well.

but the comments are off base really. so back to the topic at hand.

1 if you don't know how to secure your server.. hire a company to do it for you or pay for managed hosting.

2. Will there be price updates to the rest of the pricing models? will the owned licenses go away, and will it turn into a cpanel model where you pay a discounted yearly fee to use the software much like cpanel?

3. When will whmcs make a blog post about the price increase and explain to us in detail what their plan is.

4. really I'm past the whining.. the price is going up.. accept it. if you are a small operation, how much is your time worth to you? will you lose sales while you are in the middle of transferring away from whmcs to another billing software? will you lose payments from clients? how much do you bill your time for? $50 usd/hr? $100/hr? all I know is all the whining in the world won't change anything.

5. I don't like the prices being increased either.. however I would like to see the app's included in the support fee at that price.

No free mugs for you. You can't make outrageous comments and then put your hand out for a free mug.

You do have a choice here, Dave. Stay in business and keep paying whats required to stay in business, or don't.

That isn't a new choice being forced on you, its the choice anyone in any business makes almost daily.

Your comments here are over the top, whether you see that or not. No free mug for you.

While yes, some of the comments here are over the top, at least they're not actively trying to derail the topic at hand...

I don't think most people here would be broken over an additional $50 / year. I think we're mostly just upset that we purchased a product, with the understanding that we would be able to obtain continued support and updates for $x. Now that price is changing, going back on the established (but not legally-bound) deal.

While yes, some of the comments here are over the top, at least they're not actively trying to derail the topic at hand...

I don't think most people here would be broken over an additional $50 / year. I think we're mostly just upset that we purchased a product, with the understanding that we would be able to obtain continued support and updates for $x. Now that price is changing, going back on the established (but not legally-bound) deal.

indeed - it is a principle involved.

I suspect WHMCS will go the same way as Modernbill and will become part of cPanel.

Then the cost will rise again.

I hope I am wrong, but watch this space.....

I think my issue with this is that the percentage increase has just appeared with no real context. The amount is not a problem for me but to do a jump like this means next year the 50% increase means it will jump by the same amount and it can be explained as "its less than last year" and before long a couple of years down the line the reasonable 15% increase for an extra years support is still a $50 increase.

Grandfathering existing users in for the next 5 years makes this smoother, explaining what the money will give the users makes it smoother. In fact there are many ways that this could have been made smoother and I think its not been handled that well. However I find the response on here from staff not really tying with good customer service.

I may not agree with the "moaning" that some people are doing but this is feedback and this is a significant change. If I went in to the supermarket for a pint of milk and it was a £1 on Monday and £2 on Tuesday then I am sure that the manager would expect some flack as a result. The way you deal with this change is just as important as the change itself and I have got to say that in my personal opinion that the way your dealing with it is not great irrespective of the increase being $1 or $50.

I am hoping that I can take advantage of buying multiple support extensions at the current price but no one has confirmed that this is something that would work and if they could that would be a step in the right direction.

I don't think most people here would be broken over an additional $50 / year. I think we're mostly just upset that we purchased a product, with the understanding that we would be able to obtain continued support and updates for $x.

Forever... Really?

You are able to obtain continued support and updates, but the fees to keep them coming to you in a timely manner have gone up for the first time in 8 years. Eight Years!

The cost of everything has gone up in the past 8 years.

My guess is, if I looked hard enough I could find many posts here on these forums, commenting on long waits for WHMCS support, issues. Or waiting on WHMCS updates, fixes or improvements, or the mobile apps not working properly, or something else. You've been registered since 2012 Dr., surely you've read those types of posts here yourself.

All those things take manpower and manpower takes money. If you want to make something better, it takes more of both.

How do you make your own business better without raising your rates?

More advertizing? That costs money.

Better services? That costs money.

Bigger servers to handle more users? That costs more money.

More support to meet your growing client base's needs? That costs more money, too.

If you want to keep costs down, you could always dump WHMCS and keep notes for your clients with pencil and paper I suppose. But, I'm pretty sure the cost of pencil and paper have probably gone up as well in the past 8 years.

When was the last time you bought a new server? I move to new servers every few years and the cost is always going up for new hardware.

TBH, I would hate to be a client with some of you guys and read your public comments here and on other forums. If my Hosting Provider doesn't have an extra 50 bucks for proper software support, what else is he scrimping on that could affect me and my business?

Do any of you use vBulletin? I used to, from ver 2 to ver 4, over 10 years. vBulletin version 4 came with updates for the life of the product. That product ran, supported with updates, for roughly 4 years and was only at ver 4.2 when it was replaced with ver 5.

To move to ver 5 costs? $250 bucks. Do you want the crap vBmobile app bundled with the purchase? $399 bucks.

Go look on the vBulletin forums, you'll find posts by me that read a lot like the comments here in this thread. And, I jumped ship! Just like some of you are stating here over this matter.

Did any of you that used vB move to Xenforo? Great new software available to us all. I did. But its not free, and, its a core product. Almost everything you need, want to add to it, can be purchased, must be purchased, as Xenforo is a core product. Xenforo requires renewal each year, that custom style you purchased, will need updated and the license to use it, renewed, the addons you purchase, will need to be updated, supported and renewed as well.

I jumped ship on vB and moved to Xenforo and then went on to spend well over 500 bucks for the new software, styles and addons I needed to make it the way I want it.

indeed - it is a principle involved.

Indeed, it is.

Then the cost will rise again.

I hope I am wrong, but watch this space.....

You hope you're wrong? I can tell you right now that you're not wrong, no need to wait to find out. You're like, Nostradamus, on this one sir. Costs will go up again, for everything. Including your own fees you charge your clients, soon enough. They have to or you won't be able to cover your own costs to stay in business.

Good stuff doesn't come free, and the costs to purchase good stuff doesn't stay the same forever.

I'm quite sure you already know all of this. What I don't get is why you choose to be so vocal about 50 bucks in front of the whole Internet, exposing your hand at where you are with your own business, right now. You're not fighting to keep costs down, you're fighting to keep doing things on the cheap.

Raise your game, make more money. Get on with growing your business. It's the nature of the beast.

I haven't figured out what I think about this price change, but one thing I have seen time and time again Infopro is that you are extremely condescending. Just an observation. I've seen it for ages in the cPanel forums, and when you came here I though "Oh great! Now I get to see the same condescension on the WHMCS forums."

I'm trying to say this in the nicest possible way. It is not meant as an insult--strictly constructive criticism.

You can call it condescending or anything else you like, I prefer to call it common sense, straight talk. Most obvious in threads like this that can use a little straight talk once in a while.

This isn't the first time you've made this observation of my posting style either.

Thanks for your feedback.

You can call it condescending or anything else you like, I prefer to call it common sense, straight talk. Most obvious in threads like this that can use a little straight talk once in a while.

This isn't the first time you've made this observation of my posting style either.

Thanks for your feedback.

not everyone agrees.

-snip-

I use IP.Board for my forum solution. Its renewal price has never gone up.

I no longer use WHMCS for web hosting, but for client management, billing, and software sales. However, when I used it for web hosting, the monthly costs my servers have never gone up.

Costs and fees go up all the time. But when you sell someone a product with a given renewal price, you don't jack up the renewal price. It's just not a thing that happens. Nobody sells web hosting and then just arbitrarily increases the monthly prices for existing clients. They change the price for new orders.

Though, I would suggest renewing your license for another 3 or 4 years (yep, that's possible with the link being given) for $44,95/year before June 22th.

for the benefit of others in the thread, i've checked with WHMCS about this idea of renewing for multiple years, and they have confirmed that this is the case.

There is not a limit to the number of extensions that can be purchased.

therefore, if you wish to renew @ $44.95 (before June 22) for 1,2,3 or more years, you can do so.

not everyone agrees.

isdoo, I think you may be understating this a bit ;)

therefore, if you wish to renew @ $44.95 (before June 22) for 1,2,3 or more years, you can do so.

thanks for the info Brian, I think this will make the price hike more palatable than consigning it to dropping cash down the drain on a crappy film and writing it off :(