renewal will increase from $44.95 to $99.95 ?

rashe18

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, their greed is just pathetic.

I called it a while back when they started offering the ability to jump the support queue if you wanted to pay extra, that right there showed how little they valued their clients as a whole and how they were willing to value one client more than another as long as you showed them the cash.

Now just more than double the renewal costs so they can get a large influx of cash in order for them to advance their development and staff at our expense, most normal companies when they need that type of money take on an investor rather than ripping it from dedicated customers.

Could you imagine we all just more than double our hosting costs, what do you think our clients would do?

Well they just lost my monthly subscription, and I will definitely be looking at other systems to rid myself of my owned license as well.

Whilst I understand that there is a need for an increase , simply to go from 44.95 to 99.95 for all existing clients is disgraceful IMO. Maybe this should have been introduced for new clients, and then staged for existing ones.

I feel annoyed that myself, along with plenty of others have kept with WHMCS, and it seems that we are paying the price for the situation they find themselves in.

Is it fair, No. Will I look elsewhere now ? Yes

I will be sorry to let WHMCS go , but I am not be held to ransom by the corporate monster

Sorry guys, but increasing the Updatecosts about 50% are not really a good way. Do you think about the little companies?? For me, i will not longer use WHMCS, because this way you go is, to drop out little companies from your customers.

Sry, but do you think about this decision??

Hostbill is an aternative, because it's opensource....

In my Eye's you break your neck with this.. or mybe you really don't want little companies.....

Edited by gOOvER

Agreed, their greed is just pathetic.

I called it a while back when they started offering the ability to jump the support queue if you wanted to pay extra, that right there showed how little they valued their clients as a whole and how they were willing to value one client more than another as long as you showed them the cash.

Now just more than double the renewal costs so they can get a large influx of cash in order for them to advance their development and staff at our expense, most normal companies when they need that type of money take on an investor rather than ripping it from dedicated customers.

Could you imagine we all just more than double our hosting costs, what do you think our clients would do?

Well they just lost my monthly subscription, and I will definitely be looking at other systems to rid myself of my owned license as well.

they already have cpanel as the 49% invester remember.. so far it has not shown the quality we are used to with cpanel.

might as well sell the whole company to cpanel.

The part that annoys me is if you don't buy their renewal fee, you can not even access the admin back end. I let mine laps for a few days last time and found I had to buy the support updates before I could access the back end. It should be optional to buy the update and still have access to the admin side.

The part that annoys me is if you don't buy their renewal fee, you can not even access the admin back end. I let mine laps for a few days last time and found I had to buy the support updates before I could access the back end.
I thought that was only with the monthly license? Lapsed support is only supposed to affect update access and support tickets, AFAIK.

I wholeheartedly agree. I've had an owned license since 2013, and a leased license for a year before that. I've been met with nothing but nickel-and-dime practices.

Additional $75 to hide branding. $2.99 monthly for an iPhone app. $2.99 monthly for an Android app. $1.50 monthly to enable a security feature which is built on open standards (TOTP). $50 annually to get security fixes for a piece of software which seems to have no shortage of vulnerabilities.

And now they have the audacity to more than double the price of a service that they laughably call "optional". Imagine if Microsoft charged $100 per year for security updates for Windows?

Not to mention the fact that $44.95 was the agreed annual renew price on purchase.

I'll be looking for something else.

Edited by Dr. McKay

I wholeheartedly agree. I've had an owned license since 2013, and a leased license for a year before that. I've been met with nothing but nickel-and-dime practices.

Additional $75 to hide branding. $2.99 monthly for an iPhone app. $2.99 monthly for an Android app. $1.50 monthly to enable a security feature which is built on open standards (TOTP). $50 annually to get security fixes for a piece of software which seems to have no shortage of vulnerabilities.

And now they have the audacity to more than double the price of a service that they laughably call "optional". Imagine if Microsoft charged $100 per year for security updates for Windows?

Not to mention the fact that $44.95 was the agreed annual renew price on purchase.

I'll be looking for something else.

I know the pricing scheme has turned into a nickel and dime scheme.

I wont get the iphone or android app.. for 100 bucks a year those can be included.. including the extra 1.50 a month for the 2 factor authentication..

it is pure bs when it comes to the optional update price, if you dont buy it, you can not access your admin area.. optional? really whmcs??

it looks like competitors will gain from this.. here is my question will monthly prices be on the rise next??? because I am thinking that is what will be happening..

Awful news.

I assume this is pressure from cpanel to increase income.

To impose this on any existing customer is poor - clients should remain on their existing prices for life and be grandfathered.

No issue on charging new licences higher prices.

What is to say, prices will not increase to $149 next year?

I seem to recall modernbill suddenly increasing their prices in a similar way a few years ago just before they were merged into Plesk. Maybe WHMCS will soon be merged full time into cpanel?

Can anyone confirm you cannot access the back-end if you do not renew for another year? $324,95 + $100/year is in short term (4 years) more expensive than a monthly license. Though, I would suggest renewing your license for another 3 or 4 years (yep, that's possible with the link being given) for $44,95/year before June 22th.

But you also can not download the package, for what you paid (if you need to re-install), until you have a valid supscription ;) That must be fixed, because i must have acces to latest, paid version and i MUST be able to download this version, for what i paid ;)

But you also can not download the package, for what you paid (if you need to re-install), until you have a valid subscription ;)

I can download the latest full version (v5.3.13) from WHMCS, and I don't currently have an active support/upgrade package.

what I cannot do would be to download any future updates, and with reference to Tapeix (who is using the v6 beta on his live site), I supposedly won't have access to future v6 beta releases either.

On the other hand WHMCS is a very cheap and good product in the same time. When I need to contact one of my partners with a priority ticket I usually pay 25-60$ for a single ticket. Also we have to admit that WHMCS support is very good. Last thing: we are all hosting providers so I don't think that 50$/yr should be a problem. I find really strange that some people are starting to consider to change platform for 50$ when moving from a system to another is a lot more expensive.

p.s. I'm using WHMCS since 2008/2009.