Issue with WHCMS own licensing module, yet getting nowhere with them.

Hein

We're seeing the following error: 

Module Command Error
!Function not found in module!

when we try to reissue, reset reissue, revoke license, manage.

All other options, like suspend work perfectly.

The thing is, this even happens in our brand new installed dev environment with only original whmcs files and only the 1 new product set up the use licensing yet not even connected to anything real yet, as a test.
Module log has been swiched on and shows nothing at all. All other logs have also be tried with no result.

We tested this behaviour in v.710.3 and v8.1.2

WHMCS support has been as helpful as always, blaming other modules (which are not even present) and that's it for them.

Anybody any real idea what may be causing this as it's driving me up the wall! 🙂
Any help appreciated.

PS Licences Do validate correctly to that same licensing manager etc which sort of makes it extra weird.

John, no recent ticket as the previous 2 times ended in the  same way..... it's not a whmcs fault.

So, not starting another one of those

Hence my question to the community, rather than whmcs support 🙂

Edited by Hein

This one?
https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/22-software-licensing-addon

Commercial, should be supported better than "not our fault".
Seems to me that "!Function not found in module!" is just that, it's missing. The main WHMCS core files check if a called function is there, and if not, that's the error (based on some lightly "decoded" files found on github just now).

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Hein

I've taken the liberty of reviewing your account and located a ticket from 2 years ago, in which an error of Remote Check Failed was reported. The cause of this was identified as your server returning an HTTP response other than 200.

We directed you to the relevant documentation to help resolve that server connectivity issue here: https://docs.whmcs.com/Licensing_Addon#Remote_Check_Failed

In the ticket from 1 year ago, a total 4 different tech analysts followed the reproduction steps of logging into your WHMCS Admin area and clicking the "Reissue" button on the affected service, and observed the license was reissued successfully. Unfortunately we weren't able to reproduce the !Function not found in module! error to investigate it further.  I can confirm that we've received no other reports of this error.

We explained that these Module Command buttons use hidden form data on the page to submit the required variables, and that it's possible a local or browser issue could be interfering with these to cause the error on your end only.

How did you get on using a different browser, network or computer?

Wow, I'm impressed John as those requests were made under different account details etc. Good detective work and mixing of data sources.

But yes,  we already tried to solve this a few times.

The tickets you refer to: 

IHV-493317
It ends with: 
- this is not an issue being caused by WHMCS, rather it is a server-side connectivity issue > On the very same server/same whmcs install, where everything works Apart from 3 functions in this addon?! Why?
- you would need to work with your web host / server administrator to troubleshoot > I won't even go there as this doesn't even make sense if Everything else works. Unless somethign undocumented happens ..and how would eb be able to even test/solve that?
- More information regarding our system requirements > these are perfectly adhered to so it is kinda patronising to suggest this. We do not 'just' open a ticket for the fun of it. When we do we already spend quite a bit of time on trying to solve it. And yes, we may have missed something at any point but these essentials ...not likely.

In that same ticket we did also ask: 
- Perhaps a port that isn't open that should be open or something like that?
To which we did not get any repsonse

VGA-042381
It ended with

I still cannot reproduce this issue > Which is kinda surprising as we can not get it to work from admin side, which is the problem at hand
WHMCS uses data hidden in the page to make these buttons work. If you have an extension changing this data, this error can occur > As mentioned in that ticket, in the latest Chrome or Safari, even in incognito mode, it won't work.

So, neither ticket was actually solved

Just making sure all is clear etc

As requested, we tested in incognito in the latest Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Vivaldi and even a TOR broswer, etc and nothing made any difefrence.
And the weirdest part, possibly, is that we have this issue with 3 functions of the addon on the admin side (which should always have access, I would think) yet on the client side they Can use the reissue function (only one we can make available to them) without a problem!
(see screenshots)

We're just trying to get this solved once and for all and for all intents and purposes, it seems a whmcs problem more than anything at this point (and any point before)

Screenshot_ 2022-06-07 at 13.10.24.png

Screenshot_ 2022-06-07 at 13.10.29.png

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Hein,

Thanks for those updates.

Both of these tickets were auto-closed due to inactivity. If you're still experiencing an issue after performing the troubleshooting steps provided by our tech analysts, please do let us know by replying to the ticket, so we can continue to assist.

I've re-opened your year old ticket so we can continue to investigate. I'll also leave this thread open so any other users who may have encountered this error can suggest solutions.