battles

Hello,

Can someone help me set this to project a better experience for our clients? My clients wonder why in their portal area - there are invoices that show as "overdue" when in fact they are not. See attached. It doesn't look very good and I get it from their perspective. It;s not "overdue" it's due in XX days. The attached are the 2 "overdue" and when they are actually due. We invoice 30 days in advance.

invoice_due.png

overdue.png

11 hours ago, battles said:

The attached are the 2 "overdue" and when they are actually due. We invoice 30 days in advance.

have you modified any of these homepanel language strings in your install ?

the reason I ask is that usually, if you have overdue invoices, the panel label will be Overdue Invoices and not Unpaid Invoices...

Q1f1Yso.png

if the client has Unpaid invoices, that are not yet overdue, they should see....

JXBUCN2.png

your panel output seems to be a mix of the two ! 🙄

the language strings for these bodies should be..

// Client homepage panels
$_LANG['clientHomePanels']['unpaidInvoices'] = "Unpaid Invoices";
$_LANG['clientHomePanels']['unpaidInvoicesMsg'] = "You have :numberOfInvoices unpaid invoice(s) with a total balance due of :balanceDue. Pay them early for peace of mind.";
$_LANG['clientHomePanels']['overdueInvoices'] = "Overdue Invoices";
$_LANG['clientHomePanels']['overdueInvoicesMsg'] = "You have :numberOfInvoices overdue invoice(s) with a total balance due of :balanceDue. Pay them now to avoid any interruptions in service.";

are your strings any different to that?

my thought is that either these strings have been overridden/edited, or WHMCS is getting the calculation wrong... though even if it were getting it wrong, it's still seemingly mixing the language strings between the two panel options.. 😕

10 hours ago, battles said:

I think there is a bug. We have a business partner who also uses WHMCS - not related to us, different servers, et al. We notice in our client area in their WHMCS install - the same things is happening. We have both updated to the latest.

aah - then if it's a v7.8 issue, you should have ideally posted in the v7.8 discussion forums (as it's more likely to be seen by support staff there)... especially if it worked previously and you only noticed the error in the latest version.

i've reported the post - so perhaps one of the mods will move it there..

On 10/09/2019 at 01:05, battles said:

I think there is a bug. We have a business partner who also uses WHMCS - not related to us, different servers, et al. We notice in our client area in their WHMCS install - the same things is happening. We have both updated to the latest.

it would be fixable with a hook (e.g recreate the panel with correct values and text), but I assume with v7.8.3 being released before the end of September, a bugfix for this will be included in that update.

7 minutes ago, SVCode said:

Pretty sure this was also an issue in 7.7

from what I can see, not on my v7.7.1 dev.... those two screenshots I previously posted where from v7.7.1 and i'd consider those to be correct;

if v7.8.2 is either miscalculating/misallocating overdue balances and labels (it's certainly doing something different because the same data produces different outputs between the versions), then it might be a bug - so either opening a ticket to confirm (assuming it isn't officially confirmed in this thread later), or waiting for v7.8.3 next week will be your main choices.

btw - because the conditions that control when/how this panel is shown is encrypted, the hook solution would involve removing the existing panel and recreating it based on conditions that you set - doable, but not really worth the effort of writing/testing if there is going to be a fix in a few days time.

We have the same issue - when a client logs in to the WHMCS client area it shows that on the homepage that they have x number of "overdue" invoices, where in fact they are just unpaid invoices that are not yet due. These invoices have no payments against them.

It seems to simply be using the wrong language string. This is a fairly major issue as now all of our clients log in and panic assuming they have an overdue invoice that will result in service suspension, where this is in fact not the case.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi all,

Thank you for the report, we have opened case CORE-13768 internally regarding this.

Once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

https://changelog.whmcs.com/

I apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this.