Get Customer Files via API?

wellconnit

Thanks for responding guys.

Andrew, I think he may be making a point that often features requests seem to take a while to get implemented.

For instance , getting a simple invoice link via PDF has been asked for , for over 12months and has been 'under consideration' for a multitude of months, and has not been even put onto the roadmap; i'm sure that there are more pressing issues that need to be done but it would be nice for a few of the more simpler requests to be more actively updated.

Thanks again for responding nonetheless.

Whilst he may want it now, it isn't available now.

If the OP wants it adding, Feature Requests are the correct procedure to do this.

and when will they get it? this year?? next year ?? 2020 ?? you actually expect them to patiently wait ?? :roll:

I know what you're saying - he needs to tell WHMCS that he wants this feature adding... that's fair enough.... but say that to a new user, and they might hope/expect having done so that the fix is just around the corner... those of us who have been around the block, know that if you want to do something in any reasonable amount of time, you do it yourself or get a developer in.... you could die of old age waiting for a feature request to be implemented... that's not the way it should be but it's just the way it is.

that said, it's nice to see a WHMCS developer in the forums - long may that continue! :idea:

For instance , getting a simple invoice link via PDF has been asked for , for over 12months and has been 'under consideration' for a multitude of months, and has not been even put onto the roadmap; i'm sure that there are more pressing issues that need to be done but it would be nice for a few of the more simpler requests to be more actively updated.

what's the URL for that request ?

I had a quick look, but the requests search is hopeless if you don't know what you're looking for - which is probably why requests only get a handful of quotes as it can be so hard to find existing requests.

what's the URL for that request ?

I had a quick look, but the requests search is hopeless if you don't know what you're looking for - which is probably why requests only get a handful of quotes as it can be so hard to find existing requests.

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/ability-to-request-invoice-pdf-by-api

Thanks for the followup brian, if you have any previous experience getting this done through writing your own extension to the API please let me know, I'm interested in getting the feature going and if I need to teach myself to extend the functionality I will.

Thanks.

the awkward thing with this is that the pdf invoice doesn't exist, they're generated on the fly based on current values... if it were me, i'd just grab the invoice values and generate it again at the third-party end.

I suppose another option would be to cache them in WHMCS and make them downloadable... M-Bit's Cached Invoices addon might be able to do that part - then it might be a case of linking to the pdfs from the third-party site

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone have any examples of how we can extend the usage of the API ourselves?

Learning by looking at the supplied API commands isn't really a working solution because it's all in smarty tags.

I think this would be a fairly simple solution to get done, after that happy to try my luck at a few other ideas to try and expand the usability of WHMCS and post my results for whoever else may be looking for them.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...