No way a client can cancel an Addon

HarryWales

I am using WHMCS v6.0.2

There appears to be no way a client can request cancellation of an "Addon" from the Client Area...

Example - a client has 1 "product" (their hosting account) -

and 2 "Addons" (Web Promotion Service + Twitter Promotion Service)

The client wants to cancel the 2 addons from next month but there is NO way they can do this from within their Client Area - i.e. the only thing they can cancel from Client Area is the main product - the hosting account - which is not what they want to do...

They can, after digging about, view their addons - but there is no "cancel" option

This appears to be a glaring omission for WHMCS

Will this be addressed if future versions?

This appears to be a glaring omission for WHMCS

Will this be addressed in future versions?

it's unlikely you'll get any response from WHMCS about this - unless they decide to tell you to make a feature request. :roll:

it definitely isn't a bug, at least not in the WHMCS understanding of the word - as they define that as the software not doing something it's supposed to do... in this instance, the software hasn't been designed to do it!

though I do agree that it's a glaring omission - but it's not alone as there are many others! :)

short of paying someone to write a hook/addon to do this (I don't think there is one currently available), you could look at modifying clientareacancelrequest.tpl - perhaps by tweaking the language to encourage requests for addons cancellations are entered into the reasons textarea... you may also need to disable the cancellation requests automatic termination from the automation page to ensure the hosting account isn't deleted... plus, you might have to modify the email templates too. :roll:

so let's say they want to cancel "Twitter PS" - they mention that in the form, select "End of Billing Period" - they'd get an email; so would you; the hosting account will be marked to terminate (but with automatic termination disabled, it's basically just a flag), you'd then either make a note (to do list?) to cancel the addon at some later date or immediately - then delete the account cancellation request.

that is far from an ideal solution, but the cancellation page isn't passed the product addons details - so if you wanted to tweak the form to include the product addons by names (so the user could specify which one(s) to cancel), you'd have to use an action hook to query the database and pass the variables back to the template.

but frankly, if this happens rarely for you, it might just be easier to get the user to open a support ticket rather than spend time/money modifying the templates.

Had I realised that clients would not be able to cancel addons before I set the clients, their products and their addons up in whmcs, I would simply have done away with "addons" altogether and made each of the current addons actual "products" instead, then they could be cancelled as normal.

Such a glaring omission makes addons pretty much useless for my purposes.

Had I realised that clients would not be able to cancel addons before I set the clients, their products and their addons up in whmcs, I would simply have done away with "addons" altogether and made each of the current addons actual "products" instead, then they could be cancelled as normal.

Such a glaring omission makes addons pretty much useless for my purposes.

Probably best to manually change the clients who have this setup, shouldn't take long..

end users shouldn't really see anything different