client not receiving invoice email

Sea-wing

I have a client that I sent an invoice to and they say they did not get the invoice. I tried changing their email address to a different one they use and they still don't get it. I had them check their spam filter which they say is empty. they get email from my regular email account if I send a test.

If I send an invoice to the test account that has my address, I get the email.

Where else can I check to troubleshoot?

Check your mail server logs.

Thoughts would be that your account is sending as 'nobody' or that your SFP settings don't have your installs IP address listed as an authorised IP. System emails are sent via PHP (unless you are using SMTP) so it will come down to how you have PHP and mail configured.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Please review Utilities > Logs > Email Message Log. Do you see the email listed there?

If yes, this means it left WHMCS successfully and without error from your mail server. So you'd need to work with your mail server admin/hosting provider as this is a delivery issue and not a WHMCS software issue.

If it's not listed in the email message log, look under Utilities > Logs > Activity Log for an error message at the time of sending.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a client that I sent an invoice to and they say they did not get the invoice. I tried changing their email address to a different one they use and they still don't get it. I had them check their spam filter which they say is empty. they get email from my regular email account if I send a test.

If I send an invoice to the test account that has my address, I get the email.

Where else can I check to troubleshoot?

Hi Sea-wing

Did you find out what the problem was as I am having the same problem with one of my clients. My logs show the email is sent successfully, I also received a copy. But my client did not receive this email with attachment. Then we tested an email without the attachment and this one worked. After this, I have tested an email to her using outlook with an attachment and she received this OK. so this is the issue I cannot understand

1- customer receives emails from outlook using the same email as my system email with or without pdf attachment; so my email is not spammed by her outlook

2- she can receive emails from WHMCS without any pdf attachements

3- she cannot receive any emails from WHMCS with pdf attachements

4- other clients can receive emails from WHMCS with attachements.

What do we need to check on her email settings so she can receive invoice or direct emails from WHMCS with pdf attachments. This is very unusual, may be you have found a solution for the similar problem you experienced.

I look forward to hearing from you, thanks in advance

Aladdin