Domain Sync on Expired Domains

oempire

Hi,

Ive noticed a bit of an issue, from time to time when a domain is renewed the expiry date hasnt updated, so the domain is marked as expired. (for whatever reason - i would like to also solve this, the activity log doesn't report any issue)

This means that its left out of the standard whmc domain registrar sync cron. so the status stays as expired and it wont invoice next year

IS there a way i can run the domain expiry cron but have it apply to domains currently marked expired. By default the cron script only checks domains set as active or pending

Hi John,

Just the standard logs - nothing seems to indicate an error.

Some of the time TPP hold a renewal or registration for manual approval (if there was an error connecting to reg or the like) im not sure if this is impacting it.

What im more interested in right now is ensuring all domains which are marked as expired are really expired. As its going to cause issues when they are due next cycle as they wont be invoiced.

Ideally if every so often i could run the domain expiry cron Sync, however have it apply to domains that are marked as expired. (currently it only applies to domains with active status or rending transfer) to almost audit the domains to ensure they are all ok

any ideas?

I think if a domain is allowed to expire - say by 1 day.. Then the client pays the invoice.. The domain is renewed, but still marked as expired in WHMCS. Don't quote me on that, But I think that happens.

i don't think that its meant to do that

• 2 months later...

This is also something that is noticed with our domains as well. Expired domains should run in the cron in case their status changes from a renewal. We only catch these by manually reviewing expired domains and setting then to cancelled once and for all. Redemption status, suspended status, and transferred out status should be available domain statuses.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

If an expired domain is renewed its status will change from expired to active the moment it's renewed.

Is this is not occurring it suggests an error at the time of domain renewal.

What entries you see under Utilities > Logs > Activity Log at the time of renewal?

• 1 month later...

nothing out of the norm in the logs.

Im hoping there's something we can do as its hard to keep track. Can you provide a way to force the Sync even on domains with an expired status? perhaps as a once off or every so often?

• 4 months later...

Hello

Thats not a feature request, that is a bug. we have a lot of domains and some of them get renewed 2-3 days after their expire date. those domains we have all to handle manuell. we need an option to have the domainsnc script also run on expired domains or to completly disable that expire feature.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any updates on this? We are also facing this same bug and it is getting very frustrating. We are manually updating dozens of domains on a daily basis.

For us this happends primairly with TLD's that dont expire (you have to delete them). For example the .NL TLD has this. When a client has paid an invoice that was overdue, the domain is set to expired but is actually still active.

I agree: This is a bug. WHMCS should not automatically set anything to expired without having verified it is actually expired.

• 9 months later...

This is definitely a bug. It also seems that domain sync just doesn't work as intended. I have a lot of domains that just don't sync when running the domain sync manually or by the cron. The expiration date always stays as 00/00/0000. Then the next billing date is a date that has so correlation with the domains actual expiration date. It seems like mainly for me its transfers where this occurs. For instance I have a transfer that says the expiration date is 00/00/0000 in WHMCS on resell.biz it says its Dec 7, 2016. Then the next billing date in WHMCS is 8/26/2016. Sometime that date is so far off. That they don't get billed for it. The domain expires. Then WHMCS marks it expired. Then it does not renew. I don't understand why domain sync doesn't appear to do what its supposed to. Both on the expired side. As well as just doing the general syncing of the dates. Isn't that what it is for?

We have been experiencing the same issue with domain sync for several months now.

Considering how many users were experiencing issues, and how old the thread is, It's pretty frustrating to see the lack of response from WHMCS. This thread is over a year old and it has two pages of users having the exact same problem with zero response from WHMCS. Everyone mentioned that they were either experiencing similar issues, sending in tickets with no responses, or that they would follow the thread.

Why do companies even have forums if they aren't going to engage with their audience and actually engage with their audience to address their needs.

Is this the level of support I am to expect with WHMCS?

• 4 months later...

Today I have come across a lot of people having issues with the Domain Sync / domain expiry date syncing issue. So I'm putting this post up to hopefully help someone out there.

I'm using Version 6 of WHMCS

First of all go to:

SETUP > GENERAL SETTINGS > DOMAINS tab.

Make sure " Sync Next Due Date" is ENABLED

Make sure " Domain Sync Notify Only" is DISABLED.

- Edit your "domainsync.php.new" file (rename to domainsync.php) - This file is in your Crons folder

- If you moved your writable directory's (crons folder) to another directory than the WHMCS root folder you will need to update the "domainsync.php" file

Add or edit the WHMCS dir path "$whmcspath = '/home/YOUR DIRECTORY/';

Create Cron Job - php -q /home/YOUR DIRECTORY/crons/domainsync.php

Have your Crons Job going for each min to confirm this is working correctly then adjust to every 4 hours as recommended by WHMCS.

Hope this helps someone - Any dramas let me know :)

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

I've just checked the v6.2.0 full release download and recent patch sets, but I couldn't find a "domainsync.php.new" file.

I'd be intrigued to know where you come across that exactly

All that should be necessary is enabling the options in General Settings and configuring the cron job.

Documentation: http://docs.whmcs.com/Domains_Tab#Domain_Sync_Enabled

• 2 years later...

I have just run into this.  customer received emails from whmcs stating their domain expired last year.  I checked enom, and enom has them expiring next year.  whmcs in the domain product on this customer has the domain status as expired and expired last year.  enom is set as the registrar, and other domains sync nightly with whmcs.  they have no unpaid invoices also.  i have whmcs 7.4.2